Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by cox049
What plastic spacers??
These spacers were supposed to be placed in between the manifold and the pipe (to adjust the total lenght i guess). I took them out and placed them at the top of the manifold (where it connects to the engine), and even so the manifold still sits too close to the pulley.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Devil666
These spacers were supposed to be placed in between the manifold and the pipe (to adjust the total lenght i guess). I took them out and placed them at the top of the manifold (where it connects to the engine), and even so the manifold still sits too close to the pulley.
Dude, gget a Novarossi or NovaMega pipe instead...never short of power. Are you joining Tomato % Co. @ Titiwangsa 2moro?
Old 05-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by amgman
Hey guys, I am getting my 710 in only two weeks. Now I am facing a problem though, I wanted to get a Novamega Engine, but the 2106 one that I wanted to get is 300 dollars. I was thinking about getting a rossi engine for 200, what do you guys think?

Hey whats up MArcos, going to be racing hopefully in fall becuase my limit on my birthday is 600 dollars. I am going to buy the kit, engine, and pipe in two weeks. Then I will work for money and hopefully get my radio equipment.

Heres the outlook.
Kit-385
Engine-200
Pipe-50

635 dollars total
hey good luck with your new soon to be present
Old 05-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by crashed_1
Dude, gget a Novarossi or NovaMega pipe instead...never short of power. Are you joining Tomato % Co. @ Titiwangsa 2moro?
Do they have better clearance near the pulley? What pipe/manifold you using? Yes im going 2moro...but will just cruise around the track as my engine still new...
Old 05-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Ahhh ... just the name "Titiwangsa" makes me jealous and miss home!

Old 05-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Devil666
Do they have better clearance near the pulley? What pipe/manifold you using? Yes im going 2moro...but will just cruise around the track as my engine still new...
Oh, forgot to mention earlier ... I use the Kyosho manifold with my shark pipe ... lots of space between the manifold and the pulley.

Old 05-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Oh, forgot to mention earlier ... I use the Kyosho manifold with my shark pipe ... lots of space between the manifold and the pulley.

There you go Devil, our resident Serpent R&D head has enlightened us... Have you tried S2?...It's a great track cept for the washboards ...The snakes did pretty well at the recent RCAC meet.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Ahhh ... just the name "Titiwangsa" makes me jealous and miss home!

The Fast boys from AE are always practising there nowadays (Wong & Steven).
Old 05-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

i have the same manifold on my and have plenty of space between the pulley and the belt
Old 05-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

There you go Devil, our resident Serpent R&D head has enlightened us... Have you tried S2?...It's a great track cept for the washboards ...The snakes did pretty well at the recent RCAC meet.
Yeah plan to try out S2 sometime...when u guys going next?
Old 05-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

you mean soulfree with his evergreen 705. His car just sticks to the ground like there is ground effect due to the rear lola bodypost.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Transponder

Originally posted by Wap
Hey guys where can i buy a personal transponder.

thanks wap
Try this place http://www.thercshack.com/index.asp?...S&Category=311
Old 05-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by spawn
you mean soulfree with his evergreen 705. His car just sticks to the ground like there is ground effect due to the rear lola bodypost.
it does because the downforce is applied directly to the rear tires not the rear suspencion
Old 05-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by KevinS
I just didn't like mounting the transponder on top. That's just adding another layer of carbon to interfere with the tansponder signal. (Although there is a hole in it...) And the two pieces that remain from the aluminum bracket stay in place really well. First mount the alu parts between the bearing blocks, then tighten the screws that hold the alu parts to the carbon upper bumper plate.
That's a good idea Kevin. I'll copy that before you patent it !

Yes, it's an EFRA legal one, probably not the newest. The fuel tubing is laid out in the only way possible for me to mount the external fuel filter next to the tank, below the upper deck, where I like it.
Why? Wouldn't that cause engine tuning problems?

As for the pipe, you may want to try a Novarossi / Novamega manifold that comes with their inline pipe and pair it up with yout RDLogic pipe. Makes the overall pipe shorter. Very good on long high speed tracks.

The rear shocktower is indeed the old one, I havn't had time to break it yet.
What are you waiting for? Go kick some ass.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Race tracks in India - Pakistan

Originally posted by BaxterC
There is someone who I think is in that area, his name is orangbaligila. See how that goes and let me know please.
He is from Bali, Indonesia. Not from Pakistan or India. His nick when translated means "A Crazy Balinese Person".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.