Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

nm
Old 04-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly th

Originally posted by InitialD

Mark, make sure you put this in the Friday FAQ revision !
All I can say is, thank god I don't have a wife!!!!!!!!!! Girlfriend is bad enough
Old 04-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly th

Originally posted by markp27
All I can say is, thank god I don't have a wife!!!!!!!!!! Girlfriend is bad enough
Old 04-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Originally posted by PSI Racing
No, it's actually a 1st generation AAC 5 port outlaw.
I'm looking into getting a new engine, but I have to convince the wife that I need one.
Man I feeeel you! My girlfriend wont mind as long as I buy her a gift the same price like a Gucci bag then she will shut up But I know it sucks when you need to get permission, man I need that just to go out with the guys
Old 04-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting th

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
All I get is threats saying if I dont spend more time with her instead of my toys she is going to dump the whole lot in the bin someday
Just threaten her that you will throw her shoes and bags away j/k
Old 04-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting th

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Well, I just try to include her in everything I like to do.
I take her to the track.
I even give her my old cars.
Right now she has my old Impulse Pro.
With the motorcycle thing, I took her out riding, and she was hooked.
I guess the best advice I could give to all the guys out there is to be involved in the stuff your wife likes, and to include her in the stuff you like.
Thats cool how she likes your hobbies as well. I tried to make my g/f into quads but no luck. She just says the thing is too bouncy I think all she cares is her 2 Chihuahuas
Old 04-02-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Originally posted by InitialD
So how do they check for that? I can run an outlaw pipe that can be pretty loud !
If you make more noisse than an 1/8 with EFRA pipe and INSbox you're to LOUD
Old 04-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Always knew there was an upside to being ugly...

I'm single!

Old 04-02-2004, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KevinS
Always knew there was an upside to being ugly...

I'm single!

Whatever... I am ugly, but not single!!! Luckily my better half understands the need to releave stress and race a 710!
Old 04-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up throttle servo

What do you think of this servo?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXJ36&P=7

I will need to get a new servo for the throttle in the next months or so.

also.. who makes a digital sevo for an M18?
Old 04-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If for your throttle, I would go with a higher torque servo, like a S9450 if you're going digital. S9550 is great for steering, it's what I have on my 705 (lower CG since I don't have the laydown steering setup like the 710).
Old 04-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Fontaine
If for your throttle, I would go with a higher torque servo, like a S9450 if you're going digital. S9550 is great for steering, it's what I have on my 705 (lower CG since I don't have the laydown steering setup like the 710).

Hi guys,

The 9550 is a very good servo... I use it in my XRAY T1 Factory Kit.
The 9450 is also a very good servo, but I don't know if you can get it anymore.

Servo choice is a very personal decision, and there are lots of different views. Personally, I run an inexpensive servo (Futaba S3004 ) for throttle servo, but a good servo for steering (Futaba S9402). It is good to get a good steering servo (since it is subjected to more abuse than throttle servo). Most inexpensive servos have enough torque to handle throttle/brake duties on a 200mm car... if it was a 1/8 car you might reconsider. However, inexpensive throttle servos have always served me well... just make sure to seal them up properly.

I don't run digital servos on my gascars because they have a much higher amp draw than non-digital servos (and with long mains and a 750mAh AAA receiver pack I don't want to risk running out of juice).

Please note that these are my own views and decisions, which some may or may not agree with.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Hi guys,

Servo choice is a very personal decision, and there are lots of different views. Personally, I run an inexpensive servo (Futaba S3004 ) for throttle servo, but a good servo for steering (Futaba S9402). It is good to get a good steering servo (since it is subjected to more abuse than throttle servo). Most inexpensive servos have enough torque to handle throttle/brake duties on a 200mm car... if it was a 1/8 car you might reconsider. However, inexpensive throttle servos have always served me well... just make sure to seal them up properly.

I don't run digital servos on my gascars because they have a much higher amp draw than non-digital servos (and with long mains and a 750mAh AAA receiver pack I don't want to risk running out of juice).

Please note that these are my own views and decisions, which some may or may not agree with.
I totally agree with you regarding your choice of non-digital servos. On some tracks I too prefer to run non digital for this same reason. Most of the time now I have a standard S3003 rubber mounted for my throttle. Never had any problems with it. Steering is a different story. My personal preference is KO. Just glad I got the extra 50mah on the cells to eek out the run time a little more. I made my own packs up from GQ 800mah cells.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Hi guys,

Hey Glenn i runn the same servo(Futaba S3004 ) for throttle and i have used that servo with out any problems , i use the high speed and torque in the steering! I used the expensive ones in the past for throttle and brake and the inexpensive ones have done the same job just as good, and like you said the battery life is longer especially in the serpent with the small battery pack!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't necessarily subscribe to the theory that "more expensive is always better"

I too used to run expensive servos for both throttle and steering, but then realized that I didn't have to for throttle.

Cheers guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.