Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Originally posted by packetdreamer
what are the posts coming off of the rear shock tower (horizontally )?
As always we have the new ORANGE part in stock part nr 802220
Old 10-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Originally posted by border r/c
no i mean the things that look like body posts that are coming off the rear shock tower (or so it appears)
Old 10-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Originally posted by border r/c
Hmmm, I have a feeling you may be getting some orders sooooooon
Old 10-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Round 4 results

The faster Heats (6,7,8 & 9) have done round 4 and the results are posted at 3hobby.com.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KevinS
Thanks!

The orange on the body is actually fluorescent orange, which is just a bit lighter than the GQ rims, but every picture I take, it comes out like this. Almost red. The GQ rims don't look like they should either. Same on 710 pic below.

Anyone with good photographic skills know theres anything I can do about it? I have an Olympus C-725 UZ...
Kevin, it is all about white balance and colour management with digital photography. If the colour balance isn't quite right, then you'll get colour shift - this may not be only due to the white balance, but also the processing which the camera does on the image - some cameras don't reproduce colours so accurately.

Secondly is the colour space. You have to try and find out what colour space your camera records the images in. When you open the pictures in photoshop, there will probably be a change from this input colour space into the colour space in which photoshop works. If you want to display images on the internet, then the best colours space to choose before saving the image after processing it is sRGB.

Thirdly, you have to make sure your monitor is correctly calibrated to ensure that what you see on the screen is an accurate representation of what the colours should be.

Try searching to find out a bit more information on these subjects, I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of good sources of reference on the internet.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by markp27
Kevin, it is all about white balance and colour management with digital photography. If the colour balance isn't quite right, then you'll get colour shift - this may not be only due to the white balance, but also the processing which the camera does on the image - some cameras don't reproduce colours so accurately.

Secondly is the colour space. You have to try and find out what colour space your camera records the images in. When you open the pictures in photoshop, there will probably be a change from this input colour space into the colour space in which photoshop works. If you want to display images on the internet, then the best colours space to choose before saving the image after processing it is sRGB.

Thirdly, you have to make sure your monitor is correctly calibrated to ensure that what you see on the screen is an accurate representation of what the colours should be.

Try searching to find out a bit more information on these subjects, I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of good sources of reference on the internet.

Cheers, Mark.
and getting those monitors set can be a pain unless you have that cool thing you put in front of your monitor to sense the color so you can adjust it right... and DON'T have dual monitors other was its pain to the second power .

how do you calibrate your monitors, mark. i used this program (if forget the name now). it worked pretty well i guess. do you use software or hardware for calibration? the biggest pain is when i set my monitor "perfectly" and then i send a pic to my mom who couldn't care less if her monitors have the right color
Old 10-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Colors on monitor seem fine... all my other pictures have normal colors. I don't even have Photoshop!

I'd have to guess it's the combo of my camera and fluorescent colors. It gets even weirder with the flasher on. None of the shades of orange in the pic are right:
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-710mazdafr.jpg  
Old 10-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Hmmm, I have a feeling you may be getting some orders sooooooon
Hmmm ... noty, noty.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

and getting those monitors set can be a pain unless you have that cool thing you put in front of your monitor to sense the color so you can adjust it right... and DON'T have dual monitors other was its pain to the second power .

how do you calibrate your monitors, mark. i used this program (if forget the name now). it worked pretty well i guess. do you use software or hardware for calibration? the biggest pain is when i set my monitor "perfectly" and then i send a pic to my mom who couldn't care less if her monitors have the right color
Well, I use a Mac, which has colour managemnet built into the operating system, so this helps a lot. And there are several programs available to help you setup the monitor to a reasonably good level. But I have also had problems of people complaining that my pictures are too dark, but it is simply because there monitors are badly calibrated.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KevinS
Colors on monitor seem fine... all my other pictures have normal colors. I don't even have Photoshop!

I'd have to guess it's the combo of my camera and fluorescent colors. It gets even weirder with the flasher on. None of the shades of orange in the pic are right:
Yep, the sensor has been overloaded or the colour processing software hasn't interpreted the colours well enough. This is a trait of digital cameras, even my D1 falls foul of this at times. But using the correct exposure and maually setting the white balance helps a great deal to overcome these problems.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Hmmm ... noty, noty.
Of course this means you won't be ordering any
Old 10-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Of course this means you won't be ordering any
Not sure yet ... I think its bling bling and the additional weight is a question.

Still .... haven't quite decided yet.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ANOTHER 710

HEY,bobby here i just got me a 2nd 710 from my bud kreidel ,so im rollin 2 710s.this one i will be running the novarossi ns3 race.SERPENT RULES
Old 10-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: ANOTHER 710

Originally posted by impalabob64
HEY,bobby here i just got me a 2nd 710 from my bud kreidel ,so im rollin 2 710s.this one i will be running the novarossi ns3 race.SERPENT RULES
Congratulations! You and me ... we're the same!
Old 10-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Prophet

will this fit my impulse pro http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=343

it's the "Bodymount-set rear GTP EV2"
Like Kevin mentioned, yes it will.

But you cannot mount the 7 mm spacer (808313) on the rear uprights. What I did was to mount about 2 to 3 mm (instead of 7 mm) using left over broken bearing cases.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.