Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 01:11 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyE
Has anyone tried the white TA05 diff gear/oneway gear for the 415? What would it do?
From what I have read before the size/number of teeth is different than the original 415 ones. So donīt know if it makes sense using them.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default DJ Pro Suspension

Hey guys

I am waiting for my MSX conversion to turn up, I race on tarmac and was thinking about getting the DJ Pro sus. Would it suit the car on tarmac? what would be a good setup for tarmac with the MSX conversion?

Also, does anyone have a spare red front sway bar for a 415?
Old 10-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Will they be coming out with a new 415 msx kit? Right now I have the old 415, the original one. If I got the msx converstion would there be anything else I need?? Cause I hear I would need the LW suspention too?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You wont need the LW kit. I also have the original TRF415 kit and I just got the MS upgrade. Fits great! No need for the LW suspension.

The Stock original arms work great for carpet/foams. Use the LW for outdoors. Now I am waiting for the DJ suspension!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I raced in my first race with my regular 415 last night and I thought the car was pretty good. I am running 19 turn with foams on carpet here was my first impressions. First off I havent raced touring in 3 years. First off i was running a epic 19 turn out of the box with smc 3300gp 35amps dis. My car seemed like I was running a stock motor compared to everyones elses cars. I had a 26 tooth pinion with the stock spur and was getting blown away on the straight and infield. So I geared up to a 28 tooth pinon helped a little but still getting reeled on the straight badly. The car also seemed kind of lazy in the turns. Seemed like it just wouldnt cut like everyone elses car. I m running 60 wt and white springs up front. in the rear Im running blue with 50 wt. Everything else is stock out the the manual. So I guess my questions are should i switch front and rear toe blocks? what about droop? Shock mounting and camber locations? Wished Tamiya would have included a set up guide with the car. Over all I was impressed with the car thou. Anyone ever break the ball studs often? I broke 2 of them last night. Other than that the car took some pretty goods shots and walked away. Also I didnt true the tires. I put them on straight from the box. Think they were Double pink orange and doulble pink rear. Anyone know who makes a good 19 and stock motor out the box?
Old 10-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

EA and DC Motorsports make some pretty awesome motors, probably the best in my opinion. Everyone has their favourites, but Eddie and Curtis are freaks. Click the links on my signature to check them out.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally Posted by tony montana
I raced in my first race with my regular 415 last night and I thought the car was pretty good. I am running 19 turn with foams on carpet here was my first impressions. First off I havent raced touring in 3 years. First off i was running a epic 19 turn out of the box with smc 3300gp 35amps dis. My car seemed like I was running a stock motor compared to everyones elses cars. I had a 26 tooth pinion with the stock spur and was getting blown away on the straight and infield. So I geared up to a 28 tooth pinon helped a little but still getting reeled on the straight badly. The car also seemed kind of lazy in the turns. Seemed like it just wouldnt cut like everyone elses car. I m running 60 wt and white springs up front. in the rear Im running blue with 50 wt. Everything else is stock out the the manual. So I guess my questions are should i switch front and rear toe blocks? what about droop? Shock mounting and camber locations? Wished Tamiya would have included a set up guide with the car. Over all I was impressed with the car thou. Anyone ever break the ball studs often? I broke 2 of them last night. Other than that the car took some pretty goods shots and walked away. Also I didnt true the tires. I put them on straight from the box. Think they were Double pink orange and doulble pink rear. Anyone know who makes a good 19 and stock motor out the box?

It looks like your gearing is all wrong for the track your running. I suggest a $20 temp gauge. Run your car and right after you take it off the track check
the temp. It should be around 180 degrees F. If not you need to gear up if the temp is low and gear down if the temp is too high.
There was a big indoor race in Las Vegas and i believe there was stock and 19 turn foam and rubber classes using the 415. If anybody knows where the set-ups for that race are it would be here on this thread. I race asphalt rubber so I'm no good on this type of racing. I hope I was some help!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've been happy with both Surge and EA Motorsports stock motors. I usually just race Monster stock variety.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default Parts

Where is the good place to buy TRF415 parts. Good meaning parts in stock at reasonable prices.

So far I have found:

1. Speedtech- I would buy here if they had the parts I need in stock (usually out of stock).

2. Etamiya- from Canada but they sell some parts at DOUBLE msrp.

Is there anybody else carrying Tamiya 415 spare and hop up parts?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

i use precisionrc.com

rainbow ten and champ rc, but you have to email your order to them.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rainbow and Champ are the go in my opinion. I also prefer emailing to order as it feels more like proper service. Plus, talking to a person is better in my opinion then ordering through a automated system.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Charles
Where is the good place to buy TRF415 parts. Good meaning parts in stock at reasonable prices.

So far I have found:

1. Speedtech- I would buy here if they had the parts I need in stock (usually out of stock).

2. Etamiya- from Canada but they sell some parts at DOUBLE msrp.

Is there anybody else carrying Tamiya 415 spare and hop up parts?
Tamiya Parts

These are the stores I normally get my Tamiya parts & also for my 415:

eBay Store - Jason's Store

WalawalaShop

and also SpeedTech.

I've been getting my parts from these stores in the past 3 years.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
Rainbow and Champ are the go in my opinion. I also prefer emailing to order as it feels more like proper service. Plus, talking to a person is better in my opinion then ordering through a automated system.

I agree totally. I really like Champ, they respond to emails fast, they are very helpful, they ship fast and their prices are very cheap. And when they are out of stock on something, its only a day or 2 before they have it in stock again.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default dj pro

just wondering if anyone used the DJ Pro rear-end with the msx on carpet
I heard the Ms setup is best for carpet and the DJ is good for outdoors
Old 10-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

standard 415 is best for carpet with standard arms, the chassis is thicker so less flex.

Some use the LW suspension from the MS for carpet, some say use hte standard suspension.

I am not sure if the MSX is better/worse on carpet, the dury seems to be out and there is not enough feedback on it yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.