east......what about Midwest :P

Old 09-29-2005, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Champ have my MSX upgrade kit in stock and it is on the way to me
Old 09-29-2005, 05:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Right! that does it! If my stockist doesnt get its soon then I am going somewhere else.

On another note, ive just ordered some ceramic bearings for my 415, any tips etc on how to look after them compared with normal bearings?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

I was racing at my local club last night and tried out a new motor,

its a 'Team Br00d Racing Reedy 19T Pro' which I believe is a 19x4 - I am running a 108 spur and went for a 31 pinion, which gives me ratios of (7.48 final drive) (3.48 primary drive)

But the motor was getting absolutely RED hot! It's only a small carpet club so its tight with one long straight.

Firstly have I done serious damage to it? (it already looks like it could do with a skim ) secondly am I using too high a ratio.

I have also just taken order of a Orbital 2R Pro BB 19x3 - so I don't want to do the same to it!
Old 09-29-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

it probably needs to be rebuilt, but i would change the motor anyway. you have to gear WAY up for a reedy motor. i would get a chameleon 2. is the best 19t ive seen, especially when tuned. if you can the the eXpress c2. is crazy fast!
Old 09-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
It appears that Tamiya is leaning towards carpet applications, they have catered to asphalt for a long time so maybe it's time to hit the east coast with carpet racing in mind. Tamiya parts and supply has been an issue back east for a long time but if LHS don't support the racers for parts then obviously you have to go with what is available. Not sure if their is anyone to blame, it's just the way it's been for quite some time now. Maybe this is the beginning of things to come for the east coast racers that run indoors!
Time will tell!
I wasn,t trying to blame anybody anyway when I was running a 415 I wasn't the only buring the rug with it, at the time there where 4-5 people running it at my track, we had to order our parts in bunches,Speedtech, rainbow10 and Champ gets old after a while, believe me I didn't want sale my car.

I wonder if Tamiya could make their Lw suspension out the extra hard material?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Same here... oooo it's exciting
Old 09-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickhalstead
I was racing at my local club last night and tried out a new motor,

its a 'Team Br00d Racing Reedy 19T Pro' which I believe is a 19x4 - I am running a 108 spur and went for a 31 pinion, which gives me ratios of (7.48 final drive) (3.48 primary drive)

But the motor was getting absolutely RED hot! It's only a small carpet club so its tight with one long straight.

Firstly have I done serious damage to it? (it already looks like it could do with a skim ) secondly am I using too high a ratio.

I have also just taken order of a Orbital 2R Pro BB 19x3 - so I don't want to do the same to it!
Nick, sounds like your geared too high. How was the car for straightline? On the longest straight, you should be topping out at round 2/3 to 3/4 down it, if it feels like you've got more left in the motor, drop your gearing, maybe a couple of teeth should sort it.

I doubt you've done serious damage to it, the usual giveaway is a blackened comm. If the comm looks like it needs a skim, make sure you do it soon, better to take light layers off of slight damage, as running on a damaged comm will only increase the wear rate.

TBH, I skim my EA C2 19t every 2 or 3 runs, depending on the meeting. On the brushes, I find i can get at least 2 or 3, if not more, meetings out of a set of XXX... and thats running Purple/purple springs!

Oh, and if you want to get your motor running cooler, get yourself a Cool-Can-Fan (double one is best) from RC Innavations (Trackside Truckie on here ). I can personally vouch for their effectiveness.

HiH
Ed
Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys, I have a simple question...

I've been looking into getting a 415 and doing the MSX conversion. I want to try the car as it looks great and no doubt it works.

What are the major differences between the current 415 kit and the discontinued 415MS kit???

The MSX conversion looks as though it will work on a current 415 kit.

-Jason
Old 09-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
It appears that Tamiya is leaning towards carpet applications, they have catered to asphalt for a long time so maybe it's time to hit the east coast with carpet racing in mind. Tamiya parts and supply has been an issue back east for a long time but if LHS don't support the racers for parts then obviously you have to go with what is available. Not sure if their is anyone to blame, it's just the way it's been for quite some time now. Maybe this is the beginning of things to come for the east coast racers that run indoors!
Time will tell!
Problem with Tamiya products on the east coast is the lack of commitment by LHS to maintain inventory. I can't blame them, especially when it costly to keep up with the latest and greatest in parts. I basically carry enough parts to rebuild 3x 415's, a waste of money, bat at least I have them...

A carpet upgrade chassis would be nice...Hey Dawgmeat, maybe I'll race at hobby chamber on Thursday nights...
Old 09-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Guys, I have a simple question...

I've been looking into getting a 415 and doing the MSX conversion. I want to try the car as it looks great and no doubt it works.

What are the major differences between the current 415 kit and the discontinued 415MS kit???

The MSX conversion looks as though it will work on a current 415 kit.

-Jason
Jason....Plan on coming to NC in Dec... We want you
Old 09-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Champ haven't contacted me yet about the pre-order and I placed it weeks and weeks ago

First time I've used them also.

Last edited by Ballsie; 09-29-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ballsie
Champ haven't contacted me yet about the pre-order and I placed it weeks and weeks ago

First time I've used them also.
Drop them a mail. I have never had any problems with them at all. They are the best hoppy shop in the far east.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Originally Posted by kentech
A "few" pics of Satoshi's MSX...

Enjoy

Yokomo shocks??

Sorry if this has been brought up before....
Old 09-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcpot
Yokomo shocks??
Tamiya option shock hardware...good stuff. I wonder it they're still in production?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.