Wiki Posts
Search

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joaf
You didn't over hear anything. Chemical dependency can do weird things to people, i know, but i promise one day the voices will stop. Just hang in there as long as you can.

You forgot to remind him to wear his helmet!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh my god i have never heard so much B!tch!ng in my life. This forum was intended for inside strategies, new models being raced before there released, who looks fast, whats the hot setup. etc. It absolutley sickens me to hear this crap. People wonder y the sport can't grow. It's because middle aged men argue and get genuinly caught up over toy cars. That is rediculous. Now can we have no more discussion of that.

P.S. Did anyone here anything about the new losi xxx 4 cr?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

This race made lots of money for the new track owner and the organizers. 360+ entries with 1st entries going for $65 and 2nd entries going for $45 plus cash from a slew of major sponsors, its not hard to figure this out. Yes there are costs to put on such a show but no doubt a bonanza was made too! What is pathetic is that other than the podium finishers, none of the racers that made the A-Main got anything?!? Not a mini trophy, a plaque, or even just a framed certificate. NOTHING! Talk about being CHEAP and screwing racers who flew in from all over the country and the world just to attend this race! Now that is what I call having Real Class - BRAVO!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAM-AE-4-EVER
This race made lots of money for the new track owner and the organizers. 360+ entries with 1st entries going for $65 and 2nd entries going for $45 plus cash from a slew of major sponsors, its not hard to figure this out. Yes there are costs to put on such a show but no doubt a bonanza was made too! What is pathetic is that other than the podium finishers, none of the racers that made the A-Main got anything?!? Not a mini trophy, a plaque, or even just a framed certificate. NOTHING! Talk about being CHEAP and screwing racers who flew in from all over the country and the world just to attend this race! Now that is what I call having Real Class - BRAVO!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Yes nascar gets money out to alot of people, supercross pays out to all of the people who made the main event 1st $15,000, 20th $150. If you pay $400 about for a plane ticket or gas, have $5-600 vehicle (and no one is just driving one) hundreds of dollars for hotels and food, over $1000 imvested into gear, what difference does it make if you get a ten dollar plaque or trophy. After having help run a track myself i release everyone b!tchs about something, and if you fix it, it ends up being something else. If they gave tropphys out to the top 20 in every class, then the 21st person and so on would b!tch. you can never make people happy. I can understand if they were racing for money, people might complain bout paying out, but a ten dollar trophy? comon. I agree with that one guy, the best drivers get rewarded. If you want something to show for it, get a copy of the results and have it framed or something, not to mention you probly had a great time. Like i said there will always be something to b!tch about. Next it will be, Why don't we have personal bartenders walkin around taking orders.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kawboy368
Yes nascar gets money out to alot of people, supercross pays out to all of the people who made the main event 1st $15,000, 20th $150. If you pay $400 about for a plane ticket or gas, have $5-600 vehicle (and no one is just driving one) hundreds of dollars for hotels and food, over $1000 imvested into gear, what difference does it make if you get a ten dollar plaque or trophy. After having help run a track myself i release everyone b!tchs about something, and if you fix it, it ends up being something else. If they gave tropphys out to the top 20 in every class, then the 21st person and so on would b!tch. you can never make people happy. I can understand if they were racing for money, people might complain bout paying out, but a ten dollar trophy? comon. I agree with that one guy, the best drivers get rewarded. If you want something to show for it, get a copy of the results and have it framed or something, not to mention you probly had a great time. Like i said there will always be something to b!tch about. Next it will be, Why don't we have personal bartenders walkin around taking orders.
Its the fact to show that they went there. Hot Rod Shootout gives out shirts to everyone who signs up regardless of where you finish. Plus plaques.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I asked this a few days and pages back, but it must of been overshadowed by complaints about trophies, Brandon's conspiracy (I heard he actually works for the CIA and was on a secret mission), and other nonsense.

Now does anyone have any info on the Cav/Maifield setups for the B4, T4, and B44? I like to race and this info would be interesting to me...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up AE Is Killer Of All......

What you dont even get t-shirts at this event....
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Suspended

Talking AE Is Killer Of All......

Man I wanted too hit this race in 2010 ill be forty so i can run the 40+ classes...

Old 03-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
Its the fact to show that they went there. Hot Rod Shootout gives out shirts to everyone who signs up regardless of where you finish. Plus plaques.
I got a shirt when I checked in to show I was there. Everyone did that was there. If I blow out and have a bad weekend and end up only making the F main I sure as heck don't want a trophy or plaque to remind me what main I was in. I wouldnt have even taken it if they had them. I'm satified and happy to have a shirt.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SpeeedyDad
I agree. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!
Originally Posted by Easy Turbo
Looks like the funny man is back
Originally Posted by JunkyToyota06
I overheard two guys saying the liverc guy was using his radio to glitch out the racers from outside the property so the race would fail. His intentions was against the race, not the racers, but they ultimately suffered. They said he was only doing it for about an hour that they know of before he left. Someone spotted his trailer down the street.

Dont shoot the messenger.. its just what I overheard.

Congrats Dakota!!
You have all earned:

Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richard.bratton
I asked this a few days and pages back, but it must of been overshadowed by complaints about trophies, Brandon's conspiracy (I heard he actually works for the CIA and was on a secret mission), and other nonsense.

Now does anyone have any info on the Cav/Maifield setups for the B4, T4, and B44? I like to race and this info would be interesting to me...
he ran the lightweight setup on his b4...on b44 ran green fronts with 40wt, rear black with 30wt, and thin sway bar....as for truck i dont know...hope that helps....and can we please get over all the bitching....you can never please everyone, just do the best you can...it was Keonis first cactus, and i think he did a great job...could it have been better, probably and im sure changes will be made for next year...but until then lets keep racing our toy cars and having fun...
Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by B4 Buggy Racer
I got a shirt when I checked in to show I was there. Everyone did that was there. If I blow out and have a bad weekend and end up only making the F main I sure as heck don't want a trophy or plaque to remind me what main I was in. I wouldnt have even taken it if they had them. I'm satified and happy to have a shirt.

And if you made the show? Finished in the top 10 out of 50+ entries.....then you might have wanted something to show for it. I can understand the lower mains....I just think if you make the show at a race of this caliber then you should get something to show for it. just my 2 cents

Some things should have been different but I still had a great time and met some great people!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

I love how the guys who didn't even race are b!tch!n about no trophies or a t shirt. It will be a topic for discussion when a racer gets on here and starts complaining about it. None of you were there. get over it, shooting in the dark, there is no significance about what you are complaining about it. it won't change anything. If hotrod gives out t shirts. Then go race and get a t shirt. If you want a t shirt or trophy...... dont race cactus. Theres a thought.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

It will change things actually.

This was Keoni's first cactus and there were things people didn't like and ways the next one can be improved. Unfortunately, he will read this and hear what everyone has to say. It will only get better from here. I'm sure everyone on the SRS crew learned alot from this race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.