Wiki Posts
Search

how many different versions of the xxx buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dawg, I don't have a PM???

I don't see any issues with the car other than those rear tires.

There are fancier cars, but this car can still be competitive.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i just think it was some dust or something.

you have pm now bike racer

to post pics useing photobucket. when you hover over the picture there will be a box that drops down. just click on the img code. right click, copy. and then just paste into your message.

yeah those rear tires were on it when i got the car. he got the car from womeone else in a trade. then i traded him. sent him my wide emaxx some extra parts. i got the xxx, brushless rustler, rc10t3 roller, xxtroller, a bunch and bunch of other stuff. i think i did ok.

whats a good place to get parts for it. losipartshouse.com?
anything local bike racer. tomthumbs or grandwiew
Old 01-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

XXX RTR version with an upgraded front shock tower and turnbuckles.

That car is still plenty competitive. Slap on whatever tires work for your track and start tuning from there.

LosiPartsHouse is great to deal with and should have almost anything you need.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Looking at the pictures again, I would also invest in a new screw kit for it...Looks like a bunch of whatever someone had in their box at the time.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

couple more questions.

does anyone have a manual or a link to the manual. the only thing i could find is the xxx kinwald graphite edition. are all the parts the same? can i use the xxx-cr parts?

in a couple of weeks i am going to start racing it and will need some back up parts.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

There are some reasons some people should watch what they say. Because there are a # of guys in this post that don't have a CLUE of what they are talking about. lol.

#1- That is an Original XXX in the picture. The composite of the Chassis,arms and rear tower is Losi Stifzell. The only upgrade to the car is Titanium Turnbuckles and CVD's. There may be a couple of graphite piece's but it's an Original XXX car. Still a great car.

#2- There is no such thing as a GRAPHITE front shock tower by losi. The only one made was by TRINITY and yes it had blue speckles in it. The one on the car is STOCK from the XXX kit.

Dawg- Alot of the parts from the XXXcr will fit YOUR car. Alot of parts from the BK2 will fit your car. From the rear shock tower FORWARD(Bk2).

Alot of the parts you find now will be of Graphite and Ea3 Composite instead of what your car has. You will also notice that the NEW front and rear arms will have 2 outer hinge pin holes. This is a new feature that was introduced on the Bk2 car called VLA.
The XXXcr front shock tower will fit on your car as well. It just looks different.
The XXXcr rear shock tower will fit on your car as well, but it will have an extra ROW of camber holes that Yours does not.
Front spindles and caster blocks will fit your car.
The shop or track your racing at should be able to match up current parts to YOUR car.
Also check around for OTHER guys running losi and they may have a part the shop doesn't.

Welcome back to racing and I hope you have a great time.

***Important Note***.
Get rid of BLUE aluminum screws in high stress area's. I would replace the 3 holding the servo mount down. If those snap you are forced to buy a new chassis unless you can get them out(This can be a HUGE pain). So replace those ASAP.
There is an aluminum front brace made for this car. It's nice to have.
You will see on your servo there is a servo saver. I would check the Make and Model # on the servo. I would then get the FACTORY servo arm for this car. It will take alot of the SLOP out of your car.
Again goodluck racing and have fun.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TexRacer
There are some reasons some people should watch what they say. Because there are a # of guys in this post that don't have a CLUE of what they are talking about. lol.

#1- That is an Original XXX in the picture. The composite of the Chassis,arms and rear tower is Losi Stifzell. The only upgrade to the car is Titanium Turnbuckles and CVD's. There may be a couple of graphite piece's but it's an Original XXX car. Still a great car.

#2- There is no such thing as a GRAPHITE front shock tower by losi. The only one made was by TRINITY and yes it had blue speckles in it. The one on the car is STOCK from the XXX kit.

Great!! Im not someone who doesnt have a clue what their talking about! I wasnt sure about the front shock tower though.

How was the Losi Stifzell compared to EA3, graphite, an RTR plastic?

So there was no XXX RTR buggy?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dawg
Hey dawg, I think the front left upper shock mount bushing is incorrect. Looks like it has a short bushing on that side, notice how the spring clamp appears to be bound up against the shock tower? With a nice gap on the right one? Check your rear, they should be shorts I believe, may just be mixed up parts. In any event something easy to fix. I agree with Tex, little details like this, make sure everything moves freely, without excessive slop, rebuilding shocks and stuff, proper tires for the track, is better than a new car not maintained properly. Good luck!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

XXX

Last edited by jamminnay; 01-20-2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The only things you would even consider changing is going to the threaded shocks and Ti ball studs in the rear shock tower. Other then that, leave that car as it is. When the car came out back in 99, many discussions were hashed out about how good the buggy was straight out of the box with only threaded shocks and ti turnbuckles. When the car came out everyone jumped on the graphite parts as they did with the XX cars and trucks. Then people jumped back to the plastic chassis with the graphite arms and towers as it seemed to work better ( this is at MnM and SoCal). Now we are back to EA3 which is more flexible then the original stiffezel. Heck even the AE pros run plastic on their cars. Its easier to drive. I would leave it as it is. If you are not happy with how it turns, the only other purchase would be 25* carriers, other then that its all in the back of the manual to get it to drive like you want.

Aluminum is completely unnecessary and a unneeded expense.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dawg
does anyone have a manual or a link to the manual. the only thing i could find is the xxx kinwald graphite edition. are all the parts the same? can i use the xxx-cr parts?
Not positive, but I think this exploded view goes with what you have, should be of some help.

http://web.archive.org/web/200106121...ploded/xxx.pdf

Last edited by Dave H; 01-19-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

jamminnay- Are you just trying to run up your post count? lol.
Your post pretty much makes NO SENSE. Not sure where you were going with it but ok.
The ONLY difference between this car and a Bk2 would be graphite,threaded shocks and VLA front arms and spindles.

Threaded shocks are a CONVIENCE only. Nothing wrong with the shocks on the car as LONG as the collars don't move.

I like the following upgrade's to the Original XXX.
Graphite Upper and lower front bulkhead. All that is needed is the bottom but you will have to buy it all as one. Why you ask? Because the factory one on the original XXX had alot of slop where the bushings press in for the steering rack. The graphite one takes alot of that slop out. Plus the lil ball bearings that go in there are a nice feature but NOT needed.
You may look for some losi universals for this car. CVD's make this car point and shootie. This will depend on your driving style.

Titanium ball studs in the rear shock tower are a nice feature. If you break a STEEL ballstud off in the tower you have to pretty much replace the tower.
Here's a lil secret to help out. Put a Losi gold washer behind the ballstud. Incase it breaks sometimes it will leave enough for you to grab onto.

Goodluck with the car and have fun.
***IMPORTANT NOTE***. Tires are more than 80% of your setup.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexRacer
The ONLY difference between this car and a Bk2 would be graphite,threaded shocks and VLA front arms and spindles.

Dont forget the transmission is different, the rear pivot plate, the transmission plate, the universal bone length, how the arms are mounted as well as the motor guard to name a few, actually im gonna have to say that pretty much the whole rear end is different between the original XXX (which the OP has) and a BK2. Definately not just vla, threadd shocks and graphite.

The rest of the info is good info though. You will hate breaking ball studs though, I learned my lesson on the original version of the XXX, and dont fall into the steering rack hype, it will give the car more initial turn in and exit but everything in between becomes very inconsistant. Some people like it though.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

wasyboarder- We have established that the Bk2 has a different rearend from the rear shock tower back. We were talking about the rear shock tower forward.
The bk2 is the ONLY one of all the other XXX buggies with that rear end. Jamminnay already stated this as well.

From the rear shock tower forward is what we were explaining. He is asking about parts that will fit his XXX.
None of the parts on the rear of the Bk2(Tranny,Universals,Rear Arms, Hubs, Rear Arm Mount or motor plate) will fit his XXX.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

it was vaguely put in one of your posts after redisecting it tex, and Im still trying to figure out how you made that connection or understood anything that jamminay posted.

But you were right, I was just concreting it haha.

There is a graphite front shock tower that losi has made however, and its a upgrade for the CR, even though there is absolutely no use for that, I have had my XXX since it came out and I have yet to break a front shock tower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.