Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray M18

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

I was using the 5245MG on my XRAY until about a week ago. That servo works great. I would recommend either shoo goo or good thin double sided tape to mount the mini servos.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Intell, can you disable the reverse on the XRS??
Old 05-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Nope,

No reverse disable.

Stick with what you have man it is a much better esc.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Interesting info on today's runs:

I ran a 3-cell Li-po today in my car just to be crazy. Here was the setup: 3-cell 1200mah Lipo, GM V3R ESC (the one in the XXXS RTR) Orion Baja, Stock spur, 22 tooth pinion.

Results: About 6 laps on our 10th scale track. Melted the endbell on the motor. I think the ESC survived, but I scrapped it anyway because a new SPY came in today so I grabbed it. Insane runs down the back straight. I spun out twice and had to recover and still ended up with an 18 second lap. Todd Hodge ran a 16.5 best lap with his 10th scale car on the same track so I think the little Xray did damn good. 12 and a 1/2 volts was just too much for the little 300 Baja to handle though, lol.

Second setup: New Baja motor, Trinity VIS matched 6-cell pack, SPY ESC, everything else same. Awesome speed, much more controllable, 20 second laps. No failures. Post run inspection revealed that the little thin tabs that Trinity supplies with their cells for building your pack got WAY too hot, and charred the cells. Too much resistance in them. I will resolder the pack if all my cells are OK and I'll use some heavier guage material for bars.

Third setup. Same except I ran the Xray 6-cell stick pack. My favorite so far. Seems to have about 98% of the punch that the Trinity VIS cells have, at 1/2 the price. I need to cycle the pack to break it in tomorrow, then I have more to go on. I'll post an update. Also all today's runs were with the stock front and rear diffs. Seems my track doesn't like the front one way and neither do I. Having the stock diff in front for me was 1000 times better. I will install a front and rear ball diff as soon as they come in.

Side note: The little Xray took a few airborne adventures off our Road Rail system today, except for some body scratches, nothing showed a spec of damage. It just bounces and tumbles and usually lands on it's feet and keeps on truckin'.

Oh yeah, have you figured out that I work at a hobby shop yet? LOL
Old 05-21-2004, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hello All,

We now have Xray M18 hop-ups in stock.

Still more to come is threaded shocks, front knuckles, universal shafts, complete tie rods and graphite body post mount.

Email me if you are interested. Most of them will be available on Monday.

The link is here,
http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?br...odel=M18&pid=1

Regards,
Jason
www.Asiatees.com
Old 05-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

mister drifter try the 2/3 aa's they have the same punch and are half the wieght.
the cbp red cells and the kans are good performers even in the 2/3 aa sizes.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

I have tried those cells and when I have raced them they have dumped!

We only run 5 minute heats here. Those cells seem that they would be ideal for the motors that draw less amps than the 300 motors.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

well we run them with stock 180's and corles orion micro mods and we get over twelve minute run times.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

That would explain why I dumped
Old 05-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

I ram my new Lipo setup today. Awesome. I took two, 2-cell (7.4v) 830mah Apogee packs and soldered up a 1660mah pack. Oh man is it sweet. It packs so much punch. And handles so good it's on rails. I outran my two friends nitros today. A NTC3 and a Trinity G4 Magic. I'll get a video as soon as I can because I know no one will believe me until they see it. Anyways, here's a complete rundown on my setup.

Graphite 300 chassis conversion.
TRC foams all around.
22T pinion, the one in the kit. I run tall gears since I run a 10th scale track.
Stock 36T spur.
Orion Baja
Xray 300 motor heat sink (a must)
Xray adjustable rear toe links
Xray adjustable front toe steering link.
Stock 6 degree front caster. 12 degrees had too much turn-in and cased traction rolls.
Stock front and rear diffs, until we get the ball diffs in.
1660 2-cell Li-poly batteries.
Novak SPY ESC
Hitec 225 servo
Mini Deans plugs
About 1 degree toe out in the front, maybe 1 degree toe in on the rear.

With this setup, you can overload the SPY after about 10 minutes of hard racing, just turn it off then on again to reset it.

I ran for 10 minutes full out and only put back in 158mah in the pack to top off, so the setup seems to be very efficient.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:54 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Mister_Drifter
I ram my new Lipo setup today. Awesome. I took two, 2-cell (7.4v) 830mah Apogee packs and soldered up a 1660mah pack. Oh man is it sweet. It packs so much punch. And handles so good it's on rails. I outran my two friends nitros today. A NTC3 and a Trinity G4 Magic. I'll get a video as soon as I can because I know no one will believe me until they see it. Anyways, here's a complete rundown on my setup.

Graphite 300 chassis conversion.
TRC foams all around.
22T pinion, the one in the kit. I run tall gears since I run a 10th scale track.
Stock 36T spur.
Orion Baja
Xray 300 motor heat sink (a must)
Xray adjustable rear toe links
Xray adjustable front toe steering link.
Stock 6 degree front caster. 12 degrees had too much turn-in and cased traction rolls.
Stock front and rear diffs, until we get the ball diffs in.
1660 2-cell Li-poly batteries.
Novak SPY ESC
Hitec 225 servo
Mini Deans plugs
About 1 degree toe out in the front, maybe 1 degree toe in on the rear.

With this setup, you can overload the SPY after about 10 minutes of hard racing, just turn it off then on again to reset it.

I ran for 10 minutes full out and only put back in 158mah in the pack to top off, so the setup seems to be very efficient.
Errr .... wouldn't a speed 300 motor burn up the SPY? The instruction states that it would be able to handle up to 280 series and have not try it on a 300 series motor yet. Wouldn't wanna to fry the spy.

Old 05-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

The Spy can handle 300 motors. This has been stated by Charlie Suangka of Novak Electronics.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Plus, the way he has his batts connected hes still only running 7.4 volts, just a ton of runtime.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

according to novack you can run the 300
I think on the web site they say yes but in the owners manual its says you cant.
has something to do with the warrenty,
I guess it sets it up for them to decline a claim when they want.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

In the Xray PowerPak, it comes with a ESC right? Can it hold 300 size motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.