Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho vs ofna

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
And what makes you think Caster (not Castor) should be on your list? I think the Caster AND SH should not be there.
I retracted my Post! you are all correct and you all have my apologies. There is no need to bash other buggies. Find what you can drive fast, and stick with it. If at some point you find you are not happy with your choice you can always change it.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I retracted my Post! you are all correct and you all have my apologies. There is no need to bash other buggies. Find what you can drive fast, and stick with it. If at some point you find you are not happy with your choice you can always change it.
That is not good enough! LMAO Just kidding. That's cool. I was just wondering.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Me, blanket statement? I just like people to say there reasons why they do not like something. Not just that they are junk or bad. Just like you liking Ofna. You have your reasons you like it. I think they are ok. Not trying to start something but just like me saying "X-ray is junk", I would get comments like, why, what happened, give me reason? I personally think they are one of the best but people like to see reasons IMO. I mean wouldnt you want to know why he put OFNA on that list?

Actually I was refering to Nazprerunners statement LOL
But point wasnt just about ofna. It was about stating what you do or dont like about a buggy intellegently and letting others form there own opinion. Heck I wish I had the divirsity to chose from that you do. LHS here has very little losi and No no 8's Tons of Traxxas and Ofna and thats it. Ive never even seen a caster or mugen and so on. hense my choice was made based off from availability and the fact I can walk in and get pretty much any part I want or need off the shelf versus ordering or stocking stuff myself.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes it has the 9.5 chassis but there is more to it than that the 9.5 doesnt have a pivot ball front end. Its like a fusion of a bunch of stuff but to put that name Picco buggy on it, I am shure they wouldnt put it on some heap of trash with big bores. Another 2 reasons I recommended it is that it got an awsome review and that particular chassis is larger than most which is good for wrenching for someone looking into an RTR which 9 times out of 10 is a newbie.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I never said the Picco buggy was a heap of trash! I just said it has a higher ground clearance, making it more unstable for racing. I am sure in the right hands it will perform well. Speaking from past experience, I have driven the Hyper 7, the 9.5, and the Jammin buggy and The 9.5 was like a brick that was 5 inches off the ground. I have not driven or seen the Picco buggy, but I know some people who bought them, and they all got rid of them when they started racing. I'm not hear to dis other buggies, just giving honest opinions from what i have seen and heard
Old 12-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

I guess the question has already been answered and nib already ordered a Kyosho. Like many others, I think its the better choice. The OFNA 9.5 is, well, not that good to put it as nicely as possible. I would suggest you get the latest Sports 2 buggy as it has standard engine mounts and a flywheel made for pilot shaft engines, so swapping to a new mill is much easier. There are a lot of fan boys on this site, so its hard to get an unbiased opinion, but I think you made the right choice.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Eric, I figured between you, and Don I was gonna hear it! I deserve everything I get from you two. I've just seen so many of these new companies come out with 1/8 buggies and they are just not up to par with the big guys. but I know you kick ass with your SH. My apologies if I offended. I compare everything to my XRAY and to me, there is nothing even close as far as durability. I beat the hell out of my 808 and nothing ever breaks, can't say the same for any other buggy I have seen. I guess I am bias towards my brand, but it's been so good to me, now I just need to learn how to drive it, lol
No worries, just sticking up for my buggy!!