What do you guys recommend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you guys recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

its the opposite dude ... NTC3 is setup out of the box (foam and rubber using the same springs and oil) ... MTX3 needs a little work to change from the super oversteer setup the Japanese use. Just like the MBX5, nobody uses the stock setup not even the pros as it plain sucks and causes the car to whip around like a tether car. Oversteer on highspeed corners, and understeer on low speed corners with the MTX3's stock setup.

I've owned both as well
Old 10-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

p.s- I wouldn't consider the NTC3 a pro level kit .. I consider it a club racers kit. Perfect for club racing -as long as you don't have a relationship with the boards - MTX3 is a pro level kit, meant for pro-level tracks and surfaces.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner
its the opposite dude ... NTC3 is setup out of the box (foam and rubber using the same springs and oil) ... MTX3 needs a little work to change from the super oversteer setup the Japanese use. Just like the MBX5, nobody uses the stock setup not even the pros as it plain sucks and causes the car to whip around like a tether car. Oversteer on highspeed corners, and understeer on low speed corners with the MTX3's stock setup.

I've owned both as well

the Team driver dont use the stock set-up for the NTC3 either

in fact for the front shock tower mount, they use the hole that is ment for the body post in the rear

most of them use a heavier shock oil in the front aswell
Old 10-10-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Fair enough ... my point though, was that atleast with the NTC3 the stock setup works well. It can always be tweaked, but atleast it works. The stock MTX3 setup is just way out of whack :P
Old 10-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

actually .. looking through the setups again on AE's site, the team drivers on a majority of the tracks are pretty darn close to copy of the setup in the manual. With some small changes, nothing too far .. and all of the shock tower mounts are as mentioned in the manual too. Don't see any listed on AEs site anyways, that show the wild shock mount position you mentioned unless I missed it
Old 10-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Initiate

I thing Kyosho V-one RR EVO is more solid than mtx3. Its really very tough and I do recommend to beginners like myself. It handles very well too. Already check with those who own both MTX3 and EVO, they all says kyosho is more forgiving..
Old 10-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Go for what ever car your LHS carries most parts, as a beginner there is a steep learning curve and breakages do happen.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:47 PM

I agree with Finchy its waste point buying a car and then not being able 2 get parts 4 it
Old 10-11-2003, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner
actually .. looking through the setups again on AE's site, the team drivers on a majority of the tracks are pretty darn close to copy of the setup in the manual. With some small changes, nothing too far .. and all of the shock tower mounts are as mentioned in the manual too. Don't see any listed on AEs site anyways, that show the wild shock mount position you mentioned unless I missed it

look at the first set-up on this page

Old 10-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

haha punk so I didn't know about those ... ahh well!