R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   What do you guys recommend? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/25375-what-do-you-guys-recommend.html)

Vegetto 10-03-2003 10:57 PM

What do you guys recommend?

Hey everyone,

I want to get into NITRO! But I don't know what's a good all round car?

Can you guys give me some input please the good and the bad !

Hpi R40 vs MTX vs 705 vs Yokomo ?

Thanks for your time guys.

B 10-03-2003 11:53 PM

the R40 may be the most beginner friendly for you

followed by Mtx-3 and then 705

fastharry™ 10-04-2003 04:36 AM

r40

bbntc3 10-04-2003 08:14 AM

Hmm, for over a year now Harry was a big NTC3 fan, now r40? What's up with that?? Another one jumped off the ship?

nitrodude 10-04-2003 08:30 AM

For beginner frendliness(sp?) I would go with the NCT3. Its the easiest to maintain and clean. Also parts are available anywhere, and lots of people have them so setup advice is very abundant. Its also very responding to setup changes, if you make a change you will notice it right away, some cars tend to be kind of numb in this way. And one more thing, it can run any tire convination, something some cars cant do.

And now for a biased coment. Dont count out the Yokomo, some people say its an old design, but if you think about it so is the 705, the 705 is very similar to the Impulse, you can use most of the suspension of the impulse on the 705. Not to mention that the GT4 is avery good handling car.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP

eddiethefish 10-04-2003 08:51 AM

Originally posted by B
the R40 may be the most beginner friendly for you

followed by Mtx-3 and then 705

B is right!

The most upgradeable is R40, then MTX-3 and Serpent 705, which does not really need any hopups. Not many care to make them for it, :ha: :ha: :ha:

stefan 10-04-2003 10:21 AM

Originally posted by nitrodude
For beginner frendliness(sp?) I would go with the NCT3. Its the easiest to maintain and clean. Also parts are available anywhere, and lots of people have them so setup advice is very abundant. Its also very responding to setup changes, if you make a change you will notice it right away, some cars tend to be kind of numb in this way. And one more thing, it can run any tire convination, something some cars cant do.

And now for a biased coment. Dont count out the Yokomo, some people say its an old design, but if you think about it so is the 705, the 705 is very similar to the Impulse, you can use most of the suspension of the impulse on the 705. Not to mention that the GT4 is avery good handling car.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP

before you buy a NTC3, look at the Ofna LD3 pro.

It's basically a copy of the NTC3 with all the flaws of the original being fixed.

B 10-04-2003 12:44 PM

Re: What do you guys recommend?

Originally posted by Vegetto
Hey everyone,

I want to get into NITRO! But I don't know what's a good all round car?

Can you guys give me some input please the good and the bad !

Hpi R40 vs MTX vs 705 vs Yokomo ?

Thanks for your time guys.

are you looking for shaft or belt drive?

better start from there!:tire:

2mcgrath 10-04-2003 03:51 PM

i would go with the ntc3 its a great car...or if you are just gonna be bashing hpi's are great for parking lot fun

littlewing 10-08-2003 09:26 PM

yeah true if u r new into r/c nitro ....you should get the TC3 RTR !!!!! the R40 its kinda profesional car becoz it does not come with the engine and a lots of other stuff !!!! the HPI RS4 RTR3 is quite a good car by the way !!!

Vegetto 10-09-2003 05:18 AM

Hey,

Thanks guys for your input !!

I'm going to buy a MTX3, its very robust compare to anythink else I think from my homework i've been doing...

I just have to find a good deal for my new kit !!

Thanks guys

lee82gx 10-10-2003 12:38 AM

any of them is good.
so it's makes wise choice to get the mtx-3.
u wont regret it when u feel the great handling it provides out of the box.(i'm not saying the other cars handle like shit)
he serpent would need a little more care as it comes with a 1 way and it requires patience and skill.

InitialD 10-10-2003 12:42 AM

Originally posted by lee82gx
he serpent would need a little more care as it comes with a 1 way and it requires patience and skill.
For the Serpent, care must be taken during assembly. All pro kits come with one way front except for the NTC3.

kt racing 10-10-2003 04:51 AM

Buy the ntc3 they are proven and easy to set up and work on.

loosenut 10-10-2003 02:19 PM

ntc3 breaks easily. It's a fast car if you can drive good. Setup is easy. MTX-3 is a solid car - built like a tank compared to ntc3. Surprisingly, it's extremely easy work on. I can say this because I own both. MTX-3 is good outta the box...dont' really need to vary the setup too much. NTC3 on the other hand require some changes of springs, shock oil to get it to hook up. Can't speak for other cars...never owned them...

G