Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T or Jammin X2

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
tower does have a $60 dollar off coupon floating around if someone will give it up
016R5 ($60 off $300 or more)
Old 11-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
016R5
there ya go
Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the code. It looks like it is only valid for the Super Saver Club members. I tried and got the following error:

'Ad number 016R5 is only valid for #1 Super Saver Club Members. Please enter a valid Ad Number or leave blank. '

I would most likely join the club if I lived outside IL.

Thanks again though for the effort.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

i drove my rc8t today. ill tell u what that thing is amazing so light it accelerates like a champ i didnt have to change a thing to make it suit me just box stock set up. i would go for the rc8t imo.

jeff alessi 801.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cutjo3
Thanks for the code. It looks like it is only valid for the Super Saver Club members. I tried and got the following error:

'Ad number 016R5 is only valid for #1 Super Saver Club Members. Please enter a valid Ad Number or leave blank. '

I would most likely join the club if I lived outside IL.

Thanks again though for the effort.
no problem, doesn't hurt to try.
you can try this one
use ad number 5936N to Save $10 on your Tower Hobbies order of $50 or more.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Jeff did you run 7,7,7 diff fluid in yours?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff alessi
i drove my rc8t today. ill tell u what that thing is amazing so light it accelerates like a champ i didnt have to change a thing to make it suit me just box stock set up. i would go for the rc8t imo.

jeff alessi 801.
east or west in 09?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
my x2 was just wieghed yesterday at the sidewinder nitro explosion. 4118 grams which equals 9lbs 1.25oz. looks like over a half pound lighter than the rc8t. you cant compare the x2 to the x1 or the pjx, its way better.
the x2 is a pjx i dont care who lied to you its a pjx thats all it is and my rc8t is brushless so my weight doesnt compare to your nitro weight. and was that full tank or empty lipo or regular reciever pack.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Cheesecake is right, the X2 is basically a PJX clone. Design wise anyhow. If it handles different than the PJX I don't know. I had a PJR Jammin and it was a pretty good truck, way better than the standard X1 for sure.

And to settle the debate, get neither and wait for the MBX-6T to come out
Old 11-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cheesecake
the x2 is a pjx i dont care who lied to you its a pjx thats all it is and my rc8t is brushless so my weight doesnt compare to your nitro weight. and was that full tank or empty lipo or regular reciever pack.
I have driven both ! the X2 is no PJX....The X2 is a much better machine IMO ! next spring i will do some video to show you guys the X2 is a whole new beast and a definite step above the PJX.... I am not trying to cause a fight here, i have just experienced both machines and the X2 is seriously a wicked runner...
Old 11-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Initiate

ya 777 in my first car and i have a second car with 7 10 3 thats what my old mechanic eddie laret told me to use he got me into this hobby lol. and im doing east coast this year 250f for moto concepts honda. dunno about mx i was riding good today breaking in the 250f on mx.

jeff alessi
Old 11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

nahhh? jeff alessi ?? really?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Go X2 - and get the one that Chad pre-builds too (Lol, j/k - read your opinion on the pro-built kits earlier under that topic... ;-) - But in any case...

The Associated truggy looks good at first glance. But it truly is just as big a piece of shizz as the the AE car.... Ask around where people know their shit and you'll find hardly anyone who likes associated... They are junk, and that's why they are already releasing an all-new buggy, and prob. a new truggy to follow shortly... I would stick with the X2 - It's gonna be built like a tank... You cn upgrade a few things like titanium turnbuckles, alum. A/B block in the front end..., alum. rear hubs... and it'll last through a main or two without falling apart like the ae will...

My friend Kevin has the AE truggy, and it is always breaking, or bending hingepins... The design is great on the bench, bad on the track. And if you're getting a better price on the X2 truggy then use the extra cash you'll have left over wisely to upgrade or spend elsewhere... No brainer if you ask me!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NsideLine
Go X2 - and get the one that Chad pre-builds too (Lol, j/k - read your opinion on the pro-built kits earlier under that topic... ;-) - But in any case...

The Associated truggy looks good at first glance. But it truly is just as big a piece of shizz as the the AE car.... Ask around where people know their shit and you'll find hardly anyone who likes associated... They are junk, and that's why they are already releasing an all-new buggy, and prob. a new truggy to follow shortly... I would stick with the X2 - It's gonna be built like a tank... You cn upgrade a few things like titanium turnbuckles, alum. A/B block in the front end..., alum. rear hubs... and it'll last through a main or two without falling apart like the ae will...

My friend Kevin has the AE truggy, and it is always breaking, or bending hingepins... The design is great on the bench, bad on the track. And if you're getting a better price on the X2 truggy then use the extra cash you'll have left over wisely to upgrade or spend elsewhere... No brainer if you ask me!
I'm sorry but I do have to defend my buggy and truggy here. If I remember right there were no Jammin's in both A-mains Silver State and they didn't do to well at the Dirt NC. I now AE didn't do to well at Silver State this weekend but they did make that show. I have to say for this being AE's first buggy and truggy they did an awesome job! With only a few manor changes on the new buggy coming out says a lot too. Its not like they needed to change the whole front geometry like they did on the OD car. Or changed the whole car like the MP9. Plus the only thing they have changed on the new car that we haven't done already is the upper arms. All the other mods have been done and AE is just "dressing" them up and putting everything in one kit. I'm sorry to hear your buddy is having such bad luck with the truggy. I can say for myself and four other guys at my home track. That we have not broken one part on our RC8T since they have been out. It has also been the easiest truck we have driven by far. I have nothing to say about Jammin as I don't own one of there cars but don't knock the AE just yet. They are the leaders in electric racing and they have the knowledge, data, time and money to spend in the 1/8 scale market than most other manufactures.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last year, I raced the 8t 1.0. It developed tons of slop and honestly the overall build quality was terrible. So, I switched to the RC8T for this season. After building my RC8T I saw the 8T 2.0s on the track. They looked so impressive I thought long and hard about selling the RC8T before it even got on the track. However, last Sunday, my truggy finally hit the dirt and I haven't regretted my decision to go AE since. The truck is WAY more nimble than my 8T 1.0, soaks up the roughest bumps and seriously jumps like a cat. I'm not going to speak badly about any other brand, b/c under the right hands they can all do well (cough cough HB and Hara!). I will say that, having coming from the Losi 8T 1.0, I am very, very please with my decision to switch to AE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.