Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Some Help Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Need Some Help Please!!!

I am running my .12 rb motor and every time I get to half a tank the motor shuts down....Its not running hot, temped it and its at 250F. I am also running it rich right now, there's absolutely no carbon build up on the piston...The motor had about 3/4 of a gallon, maybe a little more through it
Old 09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

try checking the fuel tank for air leaks or if cacked around the seems
Old 09-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by motojon
try checking the fuel tank for air leaks or if cacked around the seems
yeah i was thinking the same thing but i did replace the tank once already and the motor doesnt seem to idle up when it gets to half a tank, anyway to check the tank for a air leak...Maybe I have to replace the tank again, if yes that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

bump
Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meronr
yeah i was thinking the same thing but i did replace the tank once already and the motor doesnt seem to idle up when it gets to half a tank, anyway to check the tank for a air leak...Maybe I have to replace the tank again, if yes that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
As your fuel runs out it actually leans the motor out a bit aswell so maybe your to lean to start with and as the fuel gets lower it might be starving the motor of the most important thing.........fuel. I'm probably wrong but it's just a thought
Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by freestyles
As your fuel runs out it actually leans the motor out a bit aswell so maybe your to lean to start with and as the fuel gets lower it might be starving the motor of the most important thing.........fuel. I'm probably wrong but it's just a thought
I dont think I'm lean to begin with the needles are still pretty much at factory settings 2.25 turns out on the low and nearly five turns out on the high.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Definately check the fuel lines and tank again. Bring the car in when you start to notice the "half tank" problems. More than likely you will see bubbles in the fuel line close to the carb inlet. It really sounds like your tank is leaking. It's likely leaking at the tank cap. Take the fuel tank out. Plug the fuel line from the tank to the carb. Attach an air compressor to the pressure line to the tank and set the compressor to about 10 lbs to 15 lbs air pressure. If the tank leaks at all...the tank is history. The other problem that may present is a clogged fuel filter. Fill the tank with fuel or alcohol and blow through the pressure line. The fuel should flow out of the fuel line very easily and with little "blow" pressure.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RayJ
Definately check the fuel lines and tank again. Bring the car in when you start to notice the "half tank" problems. More than likely you will see bubbles in the fuel line close to the carb inlet. It really sounds like your tank is leaking. It's likely leaking at the tank cap. Take the fuel tank out. Plug the fuel line from the tank to the carb. Attach an air compressor to the pressure line to the tank and set the compressor to about 10 lbs to 15 lbs air pressure. If the tank leaks at all...the tank is history. The other problem that may present is a clogged fuel filter. Fill the tank with fuel or alcohol and blow through the pressure line. The fuel should flow out of the fuel line very easily and with little "blow" pressure.
thanks i'll give it a try
Old 09-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayJ
Exactly how much "blow" pressure are we talking about here?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

well reluctantly installed my back up to the back up fuel tank and the problem has seemed to go away, so guess it was yet another bad gas tank....MAN THIS SUCKS........oh well at least the problem is resolved.....
Old 09-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Exactly how much "blow" pressure are we talking about here?
Yeah I guess that came out pretty gay...