MDB
Suspended

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Speculate all you want.
Then what have you done to help ROAR?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyd
This might be but you still felt compelled to post in the thread so one could speculate your no better than the rest of us. Its entertainging and nothing wrong with seeing what other racers think of are racing organization. PLEASE NOTICE MY SIGNATURE LINE
I didn't "speculate," I stated my opinion on the veracity of this thread.
It's not entertaining, I guess except to you castle boys interested in stirring a pot of ingredients in which you refused to take part in picking until after the shopping was done. It's pointless.

It's no better than the "Who's our next president?" threads or discussions. You have people weighing in badmouthing this guy or the other, yet when you ask them who they voted for in the last election they profess to being a non-voter which in the reality of things eliminates their right to complain about any of it.
If you don't like who's captaining the ship, see about getting the replaced (VOTE). If you don't like the rules the captain, president, or legislators came up with vote them out. If you want to make a logical and doable suggestion on amending rules already in place make a rational suggestion. But actually take part in the processm don't sit on the sideline doing nothing but Monday morning quaterbacking.
It is a democracy for cripes sake.

But if you're going to whine incessantly about the soup once everything's bought, mixed together, boiled up, and ready to be served ... it's a little late.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

RCabcs are you a ROAR member and do you vote in ROAR elections?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:30 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

To be honest I could care less what ROAR does because unlike are ROAR president are Region 2 director races almost every week and been racing in are region for 20 years and knows what the local tracks need and what the local racers need. So whether Castle is approved or not is irrelevant to me and Region 2 racers.

As for the Castle thing bottom line is no one or ROAR expected Castle to get so huge and rivals the size of ROARs favorite patrons over the years and the vast amount of racers Castle has. Now with vast numbers comes more power and a huge say as to how many racers tracks loose if not allowed to race.

Sorry to say hobbyshops and tracks need to make money and selling 130 brushless systems to the public vs the over priced 250 dollar systems don't help a shop to get sales. If it is the case of selling products at a good price or loosing a ROAR race the local shops simply pass on the ROAR race. Again good thing are Region 2 director has a clue and why are region is growing unlike most others.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Suspended

wyd ----- you're getting your "our's" and "are's" crossed up
Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
RCabcs are you a ROAR member and do you vote in ROAR elections?
I`m a Roar member , I still don`t vote as I feel the election process does not represent the membership yet....

When the process gets improved and at least 500 votes are counted then I`ll vote...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyd
To be honest I could care less what ROAR does because unlike are ROAR president are Region 2 director races almost every week and been racing in are region for 20 years and knows what the local tracks need and what the local racers need. So whether Castle is approved or not is irrelevant to me and Region 2 racers.

As for the Castle thing bottom line is no one or ROAR expected Castle to get so huge and rivals the size of ROARs favorite patrons over the years and the vast amount of racers Castle has. Now with vast numbers comes more power and a huge say as to how many racers tracks loose if not allowed to race.

Sorry to say hobbyshops and tracks need to make money and selling 130 brushless systems to the public vs the over priced 250 dollar systems don't help a shop to get sales. If it is the case of selling products at a good price or loosing a ROAR race the local shops simply pass on the ROAR race. Again good thing are Region 2 director has a clue and why are region is growing unlike most others.

Whether a company (Castle) makes the decision to not participate in the ROAR approval process is their choice, but then again taking themselves out of the equation ties more hands than simply laying the fault of their decision in ROAR's lap. They could have followed the same simple process other manufacturers made and then your "pricing argument" would have a leg to stand on, but otherwise the point is moot.

While I agree that hobbyshops and tracks benefit by having more affordable options, having a lower priced brushless system available to racers that doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of ROAR rules doesn't help answer who's insurance coverage an event will fall under. Most shops and tracks, especially those operated on city property, can't afford the the indepent insurance rider neccessary to cover basic liability costs to host an event and ROAR does that for them. So unless you see a way clear for Castle to offer some sort of rider program for all shops and tracks that prefer using their products and promote their sales, that will by the way increase the cost of your cheaper systems, I can't see clear to understanding how it will work for the little guys that also need insurance coverage for thier weekly racing programs.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
What has roar done for racing lately ? Why does it need to exist ?
ROAR rules were taken into consideration when designing your new Kyosho 2wd and 4wd buggy plus their new truck. These rules ensure that all manufacturers have every chance to particiapte on a level playing field.

The same can be said for the motors and batteries you are using.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good point Rick.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
IWhen the process gets improved and at least 500 votes are counted then I`ll vote...

then, you'll be voting this year.. as it will be 100% online voting. No ballots to print off and mail. You will have to log in to the site, (create a login if you dont' have it) and place your vote.

I can guarantee there will be a higher than 3% vote this year...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCabcs
I didn't "speculate," I stated my opinion on the veracity of this thread.
It's not entertaining, I guess except to you castle boys interested in stirring a pot of ingredients in which you refused to take part in picking until after the shopping was done. It's pointless.

It's no better than the "Who's our next president?" threads or discussions. You have people weighing in badmouthing this guy or the other, yet when you ask them who they voted for in the last election they profess to being a non-voter which in the reality of things eliminates their right to complain about any of it.
If you don't like who's captaining the ship, see about getting the replaced (VOTE). If you don't like the rules the captain, president, or legislators came up with vote them out. If you want to make a logical and doable suggestion on amending rules already in place make a rational suggestion. But actually take part in the processm don't sit on the sideline doing nothing but Monday morning quaterbacking.
It is a democracy for cripes sake.

But if you're going to whine incessantly about the soup once everything's bought, mixed together, boiled up, and ready to be served ... it's a little late.
Buddy, you said i and others are whining and not doing nothing about it, how do you know a group of us that are unhappy aren't doing anything about it. Your region may be fine and dandy but ours isn't for off road. You come on ignorantly stating the op and others were whining and not doing something but you just speculating.

Their is active participation to make our region better for sure. So take your smug opinions and put them somewhere else.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
then, you'll be voting this year.. as it will be 100% online voting. No ballots to print off and mail. You will have to log in to the site, (create a login if you dont' have it) and place your vote.

I can guarantee there will be a higher than 3% vote this year...
color me impressed.

glad to see the voting system will be changed and make it more accessible. If I could I would vote twice
Old 09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
B-Mag > RB FIVE

Bring back the B.
+1 I miss ol'manlicker.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

We are using a skill based class system at our track and it has been working well. A motor based class system wouldn't work well at our small indoor track because modified times are so close to stock times.

We call our classes...

1. sportsman (beginners), which is easy to tell which racers are there just for fun
2. Amateur, racers that are trying to improve and become better drivers and are learning competitive habits
3. Expert, racers that are skilled and very competitive
4. Professional, exceptionally skilled drivers (we have yet to put any of our local drivers into this catagory.

Everybody at our track seems to be ok with this system as I have not heard of any complaints. This system also allows a racers to use whatever motor they enjoy using to do they best they can. It also allows us the freedom of putting racers in the classes they belong without having to tell them they need to buy new equipment to be legal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.