R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2008, 06:40 AM   #136
Tech Addict
 
Metla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 631
Default

B-Mag > RB FIVE

Bring back the B.
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #137
MDB
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Speculate all you want.
Then what have you done to help ROAR?
__________________
Buy from your Local Hobby Shop, IF they are not overpriced and they appreciate your business.
MDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #138
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
This might be but you still felt compelled to post in the thread so one could speculate your no better than the rest of us. Its entertainging and nothing wrong with seeing what other racers think of are racing organization. PLEASE NOTICE MY SIGNATURE LINE
I didn't "speculate," I stated my opinion on the veracity of this thread.
It's not entertaining, I guess except to you castle boys interested in stirring a pot of ingredients in which you refused to take part in picking until after the shopping was done. It's pointless.

It's no better than the "Who's our next president?" threads or discussions. You have people weighing in badmouthing this guy or the other, yet when you ask them who they voted for in the last election they profess to being a non-voter which in the reality of things eliminates their right to complain about any of it.
If you don't like who's captaining the ship, see about getting the replaced (VOTE). If you don't like the rules the captain, president, or legislators came up with vote them out. If you want to make a logical and doable suggestion on amending rules already in place make a rational suggestion. But actually take part in the processm don't sit on the sideline doing nothing but Monday morning quaterbacking.
It is a democracy for cripes sake.

But if you're going to whine incessantly about the soup once everything's bought, mixed together, boiled up, and ready to be served ... it's a little late.
RCabcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #139
Tech Champion
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

RCabcs are you a ROAR member and do you vote in ROAR elections?
__________________
Bacon is Meat Candy
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #140
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,141
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

To be honest I could care less what ROAR does because unlike are ROAR president are Region 2 director races almost every week and been racing in are region for 20 years and knows what the local tracks need and what the local racers need. So whether Castle is approved or not is irrelevant to me and Region 2 racers.

As for the Castle thing bottom line is no one or ROAR expected Castle to get so huge and rivals the size of ROARs favorite patrons over the years and the vast amount of racers Castle has. Now with vast numbers comes more power and a huge say as to how many racers tracks loose if not allowed to race.

Sorry to say hobbyshops and tracks need to make money and selling 130 brushless systems to the public vs the over priced 250 dollar systems don't help a shop to get sales. If it is the case of selling products at a good price or loosing a ROAR race the local shops simply pass on the ROAR race. Again good thing are Region 2 director has a clue and why are region is growing unlike most others.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #141
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 221
Default

wyd ----- you're getting your "our's" and "are's" crossed up
RCabcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #142
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
RCabcs are you a ROAR member and do you vote in ROAR elections?
I`m a Roar member , I still don`t vote as I feel the election process does not represent the membership yet....

When the process gets improved and at least 500 votes are counted then I`ll vote...
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #143
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
To be honest I could care less what ROAR does because unlike are ROAR president are Region 2 director races almost every week and been racing in are region for 20 years and knows what the local tracks need and what the local racers need. So whether Castle is approved or not is irrelevant to me and Region 2 racers.

As for the Castle thing bottom line is no one or ROAR expected Castle to get so huge and rivals the size of ROARs favorite patrons over the years and the vast amount of racers Castle has. Now with vast numbers comes more power and a huge say as to how many racers tracks loose if not allowed to race.

Sorry to say hobbyshops and tracks need to make money and selling 130 brushless systems to the public vs the over priced 250 dollar systems don't help a shop to get sales. If it is the case of selling products at a good price or loosing a ROAR race the local shops simply pass on the ROAR race. Again good thing are Region 2 director has a clue and why are region is growing unlike most others.

Whether a company (Castle) makes the decision to not participate in the ROAR approval process is their choice, but then again taking themselves out of the equation ties more hands than simply laying the fault of their decision in ROAR's lap. They could have followed the same simple process other manufacturers made and then your "pricing argument" would have a leg to stand on, but otherwise the point is moot.

While I agree that hobbyshops and tracks benefit by having more affordable options, having a lower priced brushless system available to racers that doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of ROAR rules doesn't help answer who's insurance coverage an event will fall under. Most shops and tracks, especially those operated on city property, can't afford the the indepent insurance rider neccessary to cover basic liability costs to host an event and ROAR does that for them. So unless you see a way clear for Castle to offer some sort of rider program for all shops and tracks that prefer using their products and promote their sales, that will by the way increase the cost of your cheaper systems, I can't see clear to understanding how it will work for the little guys that also need insurance coverage for thier weekly racing programs.
RCabcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #144
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
What has roar done for racing lately ? Why does it need to exist ?
ROAR rules were taken into consideration when designing your new Kyosho 2wd and 4wd buggy plus their new truck. These rules ensure that all manufacturers have every chance to particiapte on a level playing field.

The same can be said for the motors and batteries you are using.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #145
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,446
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico
Default

Good point Rick.
__________________
Castle Creations, J-Concepts, WMD Products, Clints Creations
David Alberico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #146
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
IWhen the process gets improved and at least 500 votes are counted then I`ll vote...

then, you'll be voting this year.. as it will be 100% online voting. No ballots to print off and mail. You will have to log in to the site, (create a login if you dont' have it) and place your vote.

I can guarantee there will be a higher than 3% vote this year...
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #147
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCabcs View Post
I didn't "speculate," I stated my opinion on the veracity of this thread.
It's not entertaining, I guess except to you castle boys interested in stirring a pot of ingredients in which you refused to take part in picking until after the shopping was done. It's pointless.

It's no better than the "Who's our next president?" threads or discussions. You have people weighing in badmouthing this guy or the other, yet when you ask them who they voted for in the last election they profess to being a non-voter which in the reality of things eliminates their right to complain about any of it.
If you don't like who's captaining the ship, see about getting the replaced (VOTE). If you don't like the rules the captain, president, or legislators came up with vote them out. If you want to make a logical and doable suggestion on amending rules already in place make a rational suggestion. But actually take part in the processm don't sit on the sideline doing nothing but Monday morning quaterbacking.
It is a democracy for cripes sake.

But if you're going to whine incessantly about the soup once everything's bought, mixed together, boiled up, and ready to be served ... it's a little late.
Buddy, you said i and others are whining and not doing nothing about it, how do you know a group of us that are unhappy aren't doing anything about it. Your region may be fine and dandy but ours isn't for off road. You come on ignorantly stating the op and others were whining and not doing something but you just speculating.

Their is active participation to make our region better for sure. So take your smug opinions and put them somewhere else.
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #148
Tech Regular
 
Buckyaga's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sacramento,Ca
Posts: 259
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
then, you'll be voting this year.. as it will be 100% online voting. No ballots to print off and mail. You will have to log in to the site, (create a login if you dont' have it) and place your vote.

I can guarantee there will be a higher than 3% vote this year...
color me impressed.

glad to see the voting system will be changed and make it more accessible. If I could I would vote twice
__________________
Factory RC
4WheelMod 4 LIFE
Buckyaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #149
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metla View Post
B-Mag > RB FIVE

Bring back the B.
+1 I miss ol'manlicker.
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #150
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

We are using a skill based class system at our track and it has been working well. A motor based class system wouldn't work well at our small indoor track because modified times are so close to stock times.

We call our classes...

1. sportsman (beginners), which is easy to tell which racers are there just for fun
2. Amateur, racers that are trying to improve and become better drivers and are learning competitive habits
3. Expert, racers that are skilled and very competitive
4. Professional, exceptionally skilled drivers (we have yet to put any of our local drivers into this catagory.

Everybody at our track seems to be ok with this system as I have not heard of any complaints. This system also allows a racers to use whatever motor they enjoy using to do they best they can. It also allows us the freedom of putting racers in the classes they belong without having to tell them they need to buy new equipment to be legal.
__________________
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway
1258 South Main Street, Waterbury, CT. 06706
203-575-9757 / www.rchr.biz / [email protected]
RCHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ROAR Region 1 Electric Off-Road Championships RCHR Racing Forum 32 10-16-2008 06:37 PM
Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT EddieO Electric On-Road 508 10-07-2008 06:13 PM
B4 or XXX-CR mugenracer Electric Off-Road 60 05-21-2007 06:16 PM
A TRUE CANADIAN NATIONAL TITLE ????? Budz Canadian R/C Scene 57 02-28-2007 06:49 PM
It's time for race tracks&directors to step up Juan Aveytia Electric On-Road 19 11-26-2006 08:09 AM
Dirt Racing Ver. 2.0 slapper Louisiana Racing Fourm 99 09-03-2003 09:54 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net