Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mods??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 07:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mods??

Need your help guys. Friends and I are starting racing again, and I bought the Baja King, and then they decided to go nitro. So my question is what would be the best motor to buy to be competitive in the speed area, since the top speed seems to be a little over twice the Baja Kings? Also, can somebody explain how the motors are rated? I see basically the same motor only lower T numbers. Is the lower number equal to higher speeds/torque?
Thanks for the input.

Also, I have seen that brushless seems to be the king, but that is a little out of my price range at the moment.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A lower turn motor makes more top-end RPM but is very inefficient and actually has less very low-end torque than a higher-turn motor. For example, a 9 needs a smaller pinion gear than a 12 to a) bring the torque back up and b) get any real sort of runtime depending on the batteries.

I’m not really familiar enough with your car to be specific though; I don’t want to recommend something that’ll either blow up your speed control or eat your gearbox.