Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sportsmanship or stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If someone is faster than you, I think they should be let by but it seems like it's never good enough for the faster guy.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nay0k
No, because they know they should wait until I pass to continue instead of just going 2 inches wide and just keep jamming on the throttle. I hit people who DON'T TRY AT ALL to make that happen.
Sounds kinda rude. Are you saying you deliberately hack slow pokes?
If you are racing you are racing the whole field. If your trying to catch the fast one he has to pass the slow one to.

Now if you are trying to pass the fast man do you hack him?
Or just the slow guy for doing nothing but trying to be fast.

If you are trying to pass a fast man clean you should wait and pass a slow poke clean. Right or wrong?
Old 08-03-2008, 06:01 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if just lift a lil bit or move 1/2 to 1 line over the better drivers will go by. that and u'll look like a good driver yourself for knowing what your doing.

R
Old 08-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'm surprised nobody else has suggested thins but try talking on the driver's stand. The leader may not know who's car is who's but odds are, he knows he's leading so you can simply say, "leader, take the inside on the next sweeper" or whatever part of the track makes for a safe pass that doesn't require you to pull over and stop. He'll know that your going wide on purpose so that he can go though without you coming back in on him. If he's lapping you then he's probably fast enough that if you continue at your pace you'll be out of each others portion of the track in a few turns. Just talk...
Old 08-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if the leader is bumping you.....................get outta the way
Old 08-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Eerrr Usually the officials would let you know that the leaders are coming behind you a good time ahead. I usually ease up on the throttle and stay in the the outermost lane. This is the rule on our track so everyone is one the right page. I dont think you will loose position cause other players behind you respond the same way, go slower and take the outer lanes so the leaders ( atleast a lap ahead) can pass you by. Another rule is bump and go. If you bump into someone you should let that guy go ahead first leader or not so that entanglement will be prevented. Officials will warn you or take you out of the race if you dont follow the rule.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Sounds kinda rude. Are you saying you deliberately hack slow pokes?
If you are racing you are racing the whole field. If your trying to catch the fast one he has to pass the slow one to.

Now if you are trying to pass the fast man do you hack him?
Or just the slow guy for doing nothing but trying to be fast.

If you are trying to pass a fast man clean you should wait and pass a slow poke clean. Right or wrong?
I don't hit people who are on the same lap that I'm racing against or those who move out of the way out of respect. I hit the idiots who are laps down and block me for more than a lap and still don't realize I'm faster.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nay0k
I don't hit people who are on the same lap that I'm racing against or those who move out of the way out of respect. I hit the idiots who are laps down and block me for more than a lap and still don't realize I'm faster.
Just a thought here but did you ever think that they might not move because they are not that confident in their driving and don't want to take you out trying to get out of your way.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Suspended

What's there to be confident in about pulling off to the side, stopping, letting the fast guy go and then continue?
Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

They shouldn't have to stop or pull off to the side but if it bothers you that much you should talk to the slower drivers and see if you can come up with a solution intead of getting frustrated and hacking them. The more they drive they'll get better.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I don't mind either way if any one gets out of my way. I don't blame a guy for not wanting to go down 2 laps any more than 1. If a guy isn't wreckless I don't care. Hes really the yellow flag at that point and brings every one back together.

I say race like mofo or I'll put ya down another lap.

I see it both ways and I always move but I don't hold it against the guy who doesn't. We have a guy at out track we call him road block. This is why.
He runs his race and I run mine and so on.

I think this thread got started because some one got broke? I wonder was it a sportsman class or expert?

I can only speak as a sportsman 1/8t scale racer. Never did the pro class.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by losi guy
They shouldn't have to stop or pull off to the side but if it bothers you that much you should talk to the slower drivers and see if you can come up with a solution intead of getting frustrated and hacking them. The more they drive they'll get better.
I guess you've never heard of a blue flag...
Old 08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Is there enough of the slower drivers to have a seperate class for them or are stuck running with them?
Old 08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

i just hammer down and drive my line if they pased everyone already they can pass me i will give room though (screw the blue flag) if you give to mutch you will throw of your rythem and break or worse break some one else
Old 08-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Suspended

It's not just sportsman level drivers, expert drivers who are doing bad in a certain race and have inflated egos do it too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.