Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/10 2WD Electric Buggies: Which should I get? >

1/10 2WD Electric Buggies: Which should I get?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 2WD Electric Buggies: Which should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Arrow 1/10 2WD Electric Buggies: Which should I get?

I am going to get an electric buggy for some light racing/hard bashing. I don't know what to get. It needs to cost under $250 and be very capable in the sand. It also needs to be very durable, and have a lot of readily available parts.

My LHS supplies Bandit VXLs, and is the Mecca of Bandit/Rustler/Stampede replacement parts. I am leaning towards that, and I think with enough blood, sweat, and tears, I can make it into a capable Mod Buggy racer.

Please give me some other suggestions.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For hard bashing just get a Bandit vxl or xl5. I would get to xl5 so I can have more money to upgrade it. I would get RPM arms, Losi adam drake 2 shocks on ebay as they are about $50 and improve handling and jumping greatly, and then get a stock or mod motor.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

bashing and buggies don't go well together in my opinion

the low ground clearance is a big limiter in where you can go, and how well it will perform once it's there

I'd advise checking out a losi DT, TRX slash/rustler/pede or something like that instead
Old 08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Yeah...but I have my T-Maxx for really rough dirt, so I am looking for a buggy to race with. I am either going to get the Bandit VXL or a Slash. But I don't really know about the sand/light dirt capabilities of the Slash. And I know I can solve the ride height issue: add longer shocks to it. It does work. I did it to my friends Bandit XL-5.

I am also really stoked because I think I am going to get an HPI Baja 5B for X-Mas.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the bandit isnt a racer, well it isnt the best for racing. i would recomend the ae b4 rtr. you get some nice electronics in a buggy that can probably race better then the bandit.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by not home
the bandit isnt a racer, well it isnt the best for racing. i would recomend the ae b4 rtr. you get some nice electronics in a buggy that can probably race better then the bandit.
rtr B4 cost over $250
Old 08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Yeah. I have heard that. A lot. I think with a big enough wallet I could make the Bandit a pretty competitive racer.

I can't wait for that Baja 5B. It's going to be raining sand once i get it.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you dont mind used... The TeamAssociated B3 FactoryTeam is still a decent racer and from my experience... Tougher than a Bandit.
I run a T3 Factory team with Graphite Chassis, Graphite A-Arms, Graphite shocktowers and I bash it harder than my friends Stampede and throughout the time I have owned the T3 all I broke was the Graphite BulkHead TopPlate.
The B3/T3 are SERIOUSLY TOUGH AS HECK. My friend drove one into/under an industrial Dumpster and all he broke was the rear shocktower mounts and he bent the front aluminum plate. (That was at 50+mph with a Novak 3.5R and top end Batts.)

Otherwise... I would get the AE B4... Not as tough as the B3 but its a better racer and parts are easier to find.
The Bandit will NEVER be a competitive racer unless you technically redesign the entire vehicle and only keep the name.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmaxx2.5
I think with a big enough wallet I could make the Bandit a pretty competitive racer.

So not true. Money doesnt=competitive racer. At some point you'll realize you should keep a t-maxx or what ever for bashing and purchase a car built to race if you decide to race at a track. B4,xxxcr,rb5,x6,gv2,d2(soon) they are all capable of winning on any given day.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow

Originally Posted by schmelme
So not true. Money doesnt=competitive racer.
I know.

Originally Posted by Linkster
The Bandit will NEVER be a competitive racer unless you technically redesign the entire vehicle and only keep the name.
That is kind of what I want to do.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd look into the MRC GV2 RTR kit. It's affordable, has some nice basher qualities, but will be raceable as well.

http://www.redrc.net/2007/11/academy...-ep-2wd-buggy/

Last edited by 2MUCHSTUFF; 08-01-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe even score this bumper set to fortify your ****:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-RC-Bumper-se...QQcmdZViewItem

But seriously though, that Traxxas will never be able to hold it down at the track. Sorry. And trying to redesign the Bandit (while I'm sure it would be interesting for us to see you try) is simply a bad idea.

The GV2 - now that's a good looking ride. Racer blood built with some basher-friendly features.

Good luck, just get the GV2

Last edited by 2MUCHSTUFF; 08-01-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:42 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

what does ur local shop stock gear and parts for (if applicable?)

R