Hobbywing ESC's

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.casterracingusa.com/produ...8&cat=0&page=1
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kind of expensive for just the 80A 4S version. I've seen the 150A 6S one go for around that much.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by C Reedy
the ezrun 60amp is a solid controller and it is very small... i would recommend it
Thanks.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I just ordered a 80 amp version off ebay for $74 shipped. I am going to run it in li//bl pro truck w/ a novak 4.5. I figure this way I should never have to worry about nuking an esc.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Hi, I plan to run 80A with 8.5T or 9T motor with 3S Lipo, do this set-up will cause over heat or it will run cool on a e-crt.5? Please advise. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Just a warning guys. The 80A 4s one is HUGE. I was going to put it in my converted Revo but realized it was too big and I wasnt comfortable strapping it on top of my transmission without a roll bar or anything. I have heard nothing but good about these ESCs though. All the hobbywing ones Ive read are amazing. I plan on putting a 60A in one of my cars soon.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lutach
Kind of expensive for just the 80A 4S version. I've seen the 150A 6S one go for around that much.
Yeah, but we show map retail on our site. I would imagine a Caster dealer would be able to sell one for less.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by streetracer745
Just a warning guys. The 80A 4s one is HUGE. I was going to put it in my converted Revo but realized it was too big and I wasnt comfortable strapping it on top of my transmission without a roll bar or anything. I have heard nothing but good about these ESCs though. All the hobbywing ones Ive read are amazing. I plan on putting a 60A in one of my cars soon.
Hi, that's mean from your advise/ opinion for my e-crt.5 good to use on 60A and not 80A? I taking advise....shoot me whatever your advise. I choosing 80A is because I do have 1/8 buggy which now running nitro but in future I might transfer this 80A to this 1/8 and convert the crt.5 back to nitro that why I am choosing 80A. Do you feel 80A able to fit on top of crt.5 center differential area? Thanks.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

No No I am not telling you not to get it. I am just saying it is really big. And I have never seen a CRT.5 in person so I have no idea how much space is there. The ESC is great from what I've heard and I would get one but space in my Revo is tight, and until I find a good out of the way place to put it I am not going to personally get it. Just look at the size specs of the ESC and make sure you have sufficient space. It can fit in my Revo, I am just a bad driver and worry about flipping and it being crushed since it would be the highest place on the truck... I will probably get one once I start my Terra Crusher conversion(or if I start it... Unlikely right now). The 80A from what Ive read is more likely good for over 100A. I would recomend it to anyone just from what ive read about it...
Old 03-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by streetracer745
No No I am not telling you not to get it. I am just saying it is really big. And I have never seen a CRT.5 in person so I have no idea how much space is there. The ESC is great from what I've heard and I would get one but space in my Revo is tight, and until I find a good out of the way place to put it I am not going to personally get it. Just look at the size specs of the ESC and make sure you have sufficient space. It can fit in my Revo, I am just a bad driver and worry about flipping and it being crushed since it would be the highest place on the truck... I will probably get one once I start my Terra Crusher conversion(or if I start it... Unlikely right now). The 80A from what Ive read is more likely good for over 100A. I would recomend it to anyone just from what ive read about it...
Hi, may I know do you see in person on the 60A model? Do it pair with 4000kv (8.5T) with 3S is good or might cause overheat?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

I have never run any of these ESCs. I have heard amazing reviews about a few. I do plan on putting the 60A version in my TL01 paired with a MM 5700 and probably with a similar motor in my DF03. The 80A will do amazingly in your CRT.5 I would assume. I have personally not seen one though so I dont know about mounting it. Look at the size specs on it and measure where you will be mounting it. If it will fit then get it and run it. It is a deal with a BEC and fan all ready for up to 4s.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

tkhoo-i wasnt trying to ignore you when i was selling my crt's,but i would say that the 60amp version would work very well.you would have to get a different fan,as the one that comes with it is only rated for 2 cell lipo use.the instructions will say the same thing. that 80amp one is bigger than the whole center diff assembly.on 3 cell,that combo would be insane,and rather hard to drive.should be fast on 2 cell still.
if i knew how to post links,i got a picture of the 80amp 1/8 one next to a sidewinder for size reference.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dethklok151
tkhoo-i wasnt trying to ignore you when i was selling my crt's,but i would say that the 60amp version would work very well.you would have to get a different fan,as the one that comes with it is only rated for 2 cell lipo use.the instructions will say the same thing. that 80amp one is bigger than the whole center diff assembly.on 3 cell,that combo would be insane,and rather hard to drive.should be fast on 2 cell still.
if i knew how to post links,i got a picture of the 80amp 1/8 one next to a sidewinder for size reference.
Hi dethklok151, that is ok.... Now I wanted to concentrate to get BL setup from Hobbywing to convert my crt.5. Ok, here is what my plan, get Hobbywing 60A esc, 4000kv(8.5T) motor and 3S Lipo. Esc and motor cooling fan will supply by 6v rx battery. So this is good setup? Can cause over heat on the electric?
Last time I plan for 80A because I plan to move this combo to my 1/8 scale buggy but have check 1/8 buggy need around 2000kv motor with min 4S Lipo so I decide not to convert my 1/8 buggy.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

like wat they said is true as long it doesnt over heat its fine, but usually it does esp bashing becoz we run our cars too long. The temp of batt, motor & esc will go up esp also in asia country.

I am running a 100amp plane hobbywing esc on my crt put one 1 watt fan on it & its fine. but there are risk that why i told you to get higher amps.

fast or slow u can get a slower motor or smaller pinion

Originally Posted by tkhoo
Hi dethklok151, that is ok.... Now I wanted to concentrate to get BL setup from Hobbywing to convert my crt.5. Ok, here is what my plan, get Hobbywing 60A esc, 4000kv(8.5T) motor and 3S Lipo. Esc and motor cooling fan will supply by 6v rx battery. So this is good setup? Can cause over heat on the electric?
Last time I plan for 80A because I plan to move this combo to my 1/8 scale buggy but have check 1/8 buggy need around 2000kv motor with min 4S Lipo so I decide not to convert my 1/8 buggy.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
like wat they said is true as long it doesnt over heat its fine, but usually it does esp bashing becoz we run our cars too long. The temp of batt, motor & esc will go up esp also in asia country.

I am running a 100amp plane hobbywing esc on my crt put one 1 watt fan on it & its fine. but there are risk that why i told you to get higher amps.

fast or slow u can get a slower motor or smaller pinion
Hi bro SuperEK4, you also here .

Ok guys, i have measure my crt.5 and feel the 80A is too big if I put on top of center differential( if my car bad landing and turn turtle it will hit the esc). I have try to measure few area and found this method (pls refer to the pic). Can the esc place side way? If yes, then I might consider 80A, if no, then look like 60A esc only for the crt.5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.