Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Fuel shortage?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EdwardN
This hobby is gonna die (unfortunately). This is what I found on one of RC helies forums:

Effective Tuesday, July 15, 2008, it will be illegal to buy or sell nitro fuel in North America.

All Nitro fuel purchased before July 15, 2008 must be used or disposed of by September 28, 2008.

All dealers must dispose of unsold nitro fuel July 31, 2008, or return it to the manufacture for proper disposal.

Not sure if this is tru, but sound scary!!! I don't have any legimate prove or unprove for above, but sound is not good.
Please send your nitro fuel to me (you pay shipping), I will dispose of it for you for free
Old 06-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EdwardN
Scott,
I have big hope on it, otherwise it is hopeless.
Actually after re reading the post I can tell you why I am almost sure it is total BS. The post says it will be illegal in North America. What governing body has total control over all of North America.

This would have taken an agreement between the USA, Mexico and Canada. Doesn't mean it is not true, but I don't believe it.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is BS. they cant just ban "Nitro Fuel" If it was true which its clearly made up then they would be targeting a specific ingredient. Nitromethane, Methonol, and Oil. None of them will be banned as they are highly used in many applications. They tax this stuff as well and like someone else said there isnt a governing body that covers USA, Canada, and Mexico.

SRSLY LMAO banning "Nitro Fuel" HAHA
Old 06-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yes thats B.S.
We are talking about large quantity's of pure nitro. They want to know where it's going, who is using it and what for. Liability. Angus does not want to be part of 300 drums of pure nitro that it produced with out any control of the end use or user. Think of it this way. You have to have a prescription for some drugs, others you don't.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
The post says it will be illegal in North America. What governing body has total control over all of North America.

This would have taken an agreement between the USA, Mexico and Canada. Doesn't mean it is not true, but I don't believe it.

United Nations.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is the link from Angus when they cut off NitroFuel production, if you read about halfway down, they state that they are still going to produce Nitromethane for Hobby's.

http://www.dow.com/angus/news/2006/20061114k.htm

"ANGUS will continue to be supportive on nitromethane sales into other key markets where the molecule is sold and used in de-sensitized levels. Nitromethane is used as a chemical intermediate in the manufacture of agricultural fumigants and pharmaceutical products. Hobby racing fuel for remote-controlled vehicles is also a key market; ANGUS fully supports the hobby racing fuels market for remote-controlled vehicles where formulations are sold at de-sensitized levels of 55 percent or less nitromethane."

And I really don't believe that anyone would be dumb enough to outlaw Nitro Fuel in N America.

Last edited by shu88; 06-03-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thanks for diggin that up! Everybody clear on this? Good get back to RACIN!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah, I was watching NHRA this past Sunday, and they said there was a shortag e of Nitro Fuel. But only until July. Schumacher said he had over 200 barrels of it, and would provide it to the drivers if they ever come up short.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JVStrat
United Nations.
Thanks..

but the UN doesn't have jurisdiction over anything.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Thanks..

but the UN doesn't have jurisdiction over anything.

Boy are you mistaken!!! Who do you think is primarily responsible for shipping regs for Nitro ( i.e. quart bottles) and sets the standards for hazardous materials containers??
Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Boy are you mistaken!!! Who do you think is primarily responsible for shipping regs for Nitro ( i.e. quart bottles) and sets the standards for hazardous materials containers??
Whatever you say.... DEFINITELY not worth arguing about.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

lol hey dopey the term UN regulations stands for Universal, as in, world wide, not as in United Nations UN is not a body designed for this, it's designed for cross national political issues etc etc.

damn...what has fox news been feeding you guys lately!!??
Old 06-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Suspended

Default nitro

i really like edwardn)s disclaimer when it comes to me just leave out any credibility what so ever! cheers
Old 06-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airtraficontr
i really like edwardn)s disclaimer when it comes to me just leave out any credibility what so ever! cheers
Hey, , I love it too