Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR PARTNERS WITH HISTORY CHANNEL IN NEW SEASON OF ICE TRUCKERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jiml
With that kind of an attitude why do anything at all? No matter what you do to promote the hobby there will always be some who just don't get it. Your attitude is if we can't get everybody we shouldn't get anybody.

ROAR, The History Channel, NASCAR, what's so wrong about that?
And thus at that rate why didn't they shoot for the Playboy Channel - at least we might attract some better lookin' chicks ???

All I was asking was for a logical explanation or clarification, I see you like rest totally overlooked the jest in which it was written, so that some of us simple-minded types could understand the logic behind the decision.
Otherwise it looks to me like a shot in the dark - kinda like the time a club I was involved with once hosted a demo race at a discount store, had lots of folks come by and ask questions and literally every one of them had the same response, "can you buy those inside? No? How much do those cost? WTF? If I could afford that I wouldn't be shopping here!" and it led to not one single addition to the club and the store "decided against" us coming back the next year.

And thus it's all about the package you're putting together and the market you're attempting to market it to. At that end if we were actually racing rc semi-trucks (is ROAR considering that?), or even planning to run coinciding real rc races in coordination with the demos at the NASCAR events it might be one thing - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't know, but anytime anybody says boo about anything during it's initial stages that in any form disagrees with or questions the administration or ruling party's decisions they get thrown under the bus for opening their mouths.
So might I suggest all of you remember back to the start of the Gulf War and compare your feelings as to our country's involvement then and now.
I know that has nothing to do with this, but I'm just using it as a comparison ..... and maybe to ask any of you what you're going to say to the first fellow that bellies up to the bar and says, "yup, sign me up, I'm into them there trucks!"
Old 05-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ratherBracing
And thus at that rate why didn't they shoot for the Playboy Channel - at least we might attract some better lookin' chicks ???

All I was asking was for a logical explanation or clarification, I see you like rest totally overlooked the jest in which it was written, so that some of us simple-minded types could understand the logic behind the decision.
Otherwise it looks to me like a shot in the dark - kinda like the time a club I was involved with once hosted a demo race at a discount store, had lots of folks come by and ask questions and literally every one of them had the same response, "can you buy those inside? No? How much do those cost? WTF? If I could afford that I wouldn't be shopping here!" and it led to not one single addition to the club and the store "decided against" us coming back the next year.

And thus it's all about the package you're putting together and the market you're attempting to market it to. At that end if we were actually racing rc semi-trucks (is ROAR considering that?), or even planning to run coinciding real rc races in coordination with the demos at the NASCAR events it might be one thing - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't know, but anytime anybody says boo about anything during it's initial stages that in any form disagrees with or questions the administration or ruling party's decisions they get thrown under the bus for opening their mouths.
So might I suggest all of you remember back to the start of the Gulf War and compare your feelings as to our country's involvement then and now.
I know that has nothing to do with this, but I'm just using it as a comparison ..... and maybe to ask any of you what you're going to say to the first fellow that bellies up to the bar and says, "yup, sign me up, I'm into them there trucks!"
What meds are you on ?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You want logic? How's this for logic.

Free advertising at a NASCAR Sprint Cup race.

What else do you need to know? Fans will see it, and when they get home they'll start poking around the internet to get more info. And maybe (ohmygosh!) we'll get a couple new racers out of it. How is this bad?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ratherBracing/Derek, are you really against this because RCDriver is doing something to promote RC and Xtreme RC missed the boat on this one?

It seems you two have a lot in common....
Old 05-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Old 05-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ratherBracing
All I was asking was for a logical explanation or clarification
My bad.. I didn't answer that.

We were contacted to provide timing and scoring in a promotional program for Ice Road Truckers at four NASCAR events.

We agreed to the free adversing and an opportunity for thousands of racing enthusiasts to become interested in RC racing.

This made sense to us. And, Shawn Palmer, our Promotions Director, was the initial contact and he made this into something that will give ROAR more exposure than if we did nothing.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dawn, now your just repeating yourself, if you don't have something to add to the discussion please go away:lol

in case someone missed it and wants to flame me for getting on dawn, aaahhhh ok, comprehension IS 95% of reading
Old 05-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
What meds are you on ?
The question should not be what meds he's taking.

Rather, the question should be what meds he isn't taking.

LOL
Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by skypilot
Dawn, now your just repeating yourself, if you don't have something to add to the discussion please go away:lol

in case someone missed it and wants to flame me for getting on dawn, aaahhhh ok, comprehension IS 95% of reading
Ahh...so you're at the 5% level, that explains a lot.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
What meds are you on ?
None, thanks for asking Rover, but since you seem to be so expereinced in such matters..........
Old 05-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jiml
You want logic? How's this for logic.
.......And maybe (ohmygosh!) we'll get a couple new racers out of it. How is this bad?
As I said before, "and maybe to ask any of you what you're going to say to the first fellow that bellies up to the bar and says, 'yup, sign me up, I'm into them there trucks!' "

I'm sure they'll be happy to let you hand all those requests.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
ratherBracing/Derek, are you really against this because RCDriver is doing something to promote RC and Xtreme RC missed the boat on this one?
It seems you two have a lot in common....
If we're going to point fingers, I think you still have some explaining to do relative to your new relationship with your bu-ddy from NewYork.......
Old 05-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
My bad.. I didn't answer that.

We were contacted to provide timing and scoring in a promotional program for Ice Road Truckers at four NASCAR events.

We agreed to the free adversing and an opportunity for thousands of racing enthusiasts to become interested in RC racing.

This made sense to us. And, Shawn Palmer, our Promotions Director, was the initial contact and he made this into something that will give ROAR more exposure than if we did nothing.

Thank you for the polite and mature reply, something it seems some of your overzelous compatriots could take a lesson from.
Your answer this time explains a few things, clears up some more, and at least helps me understand why.

good luck
Old 05-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Suspended

showcasing RC in front of NASCAR fans can only be a good thing IMHO
Old 05-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
Ahh...so you're at the 5% level, that explains a lot.

if you wish to make personnal attacks on me, please keep it to our beloved NW threads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.