R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #61
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
With that kind of an attitude why do anything at all? No matter what you do to promote the hobby there will always be some who just don't get it. Your attitude is if we can't get everybody we shouldn't get anybody.

ROAR, The History Channel, NASCAR, what's so wrong about that?
And thus at that rate why didn't they shoot for the Playboy Channel - at least we might attract some better lookin' chicks ???

All I was asking was for a logical explanation or clarification, I see you like rest totally overlooked the jest in which it was written, so that some of us simple-minded types could understand the logic behind the decision.
Otherwise it looks to me like a shot in the dark - kinda like the time a club I was involved with once hosted a demo race at a discount store, had lots of folks come by and ask questions and literally every one of them had the same response, "can you buy those inside? No? How much do those cost? WTF? If I could afford that I wouldn't be shopping here!" and it led to not one single addition to the club and the store "decided against" us coming back the next year.

And thus it's all about the package you're putting together and the market you're attempting to market it to. At that end if we were actually racing rc semi-trucks (is ROAR considering that?), or even planning to run coinciding real rc races in coordination with the demos at the NASCAR events it might be one thing - but that doesn't seem to be the case.



I don't know, but anytime anybody says boo about anything during it's initial stages that in any form disagrees with or questions the administration or ruling party's decisions they get thrown under the bus for opening their mouths.
So might I suggest all of you remember back to the start of the Gulf War and compare your feelings as to our country's involvement then and now.
I know that has nothing to do with this, but I'm just using it as a comparison ..... and maybe to ask any of you what you're going to say to the first fellow that bellies up to the bar and says, "yup, sign me up, I'm into them there trucks!"
ratherBracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #62
Tech Elite
 
Victor Vector's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over Here
Posts: 2,788
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherBracing View Post
And thus at that rate why didn't they shoot for the Playboy Channel - at least we might attract some better lookin' chicks ???

All I was asking was for a logical explanation or clarification, I see you like rest totally overlooked the jest in which it was written, so that some of us simple-minded types could understand the logic behind the decision.
Otherwise it looks to me like a shot in the dark - kinda like the time a club I was involved with once hosted a demo race at a discount store, had lots of folks come by and ask questions and literally every one of them had the same response, "can you buy those inside? No? How much do those cost? WTF? If I could afford that I wouldn't be shopping here!" and it led to not one single addition to the club and the store "decided against" us coming back the next year.

And thus it's all about the package you're putting together and the market you're attempting to market it to. At that end if we were actually racing rc semi-trucks (is ROAR considering that?), or even planning to run coinciding real rc races in coordination with the demos at the NASCAR events it might be one thing - but that doesn't seem to be the case.



I don't know, but anytime anybody says boo about anything during it's initial stages that in any form disagrees with or questions the administration or ruling party's decisions they get thrown under the bus for opening their mouths.
So might I suggest all of you remember back to the start of the Gulf War and compare your feelings as to our country's involvement then and now.
I know that has nothing to do with this, but I'm just using it as a comparison ..... and maybe to ask any of you what you're going to say to the first fellow that bellies up to the bar and says, "yup, sign me up, I'm into them there trucks!"
What meds are you on ?
__________________
Jack Balchin.
Timezone Hooligan
IBEW Local 48-retired (Definitely, great pension.)
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #63
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You want logic? How's this for logic.

Free advertising at a NASCAR Sprint Cup race.

What else do you need to know? Fans will see it, and when they get home they'll start poking around the internet to get more info. And maybe (ohmygosh!) we'll get a couple new racers out of it. How is this bad?
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #64
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

ratherBracing/Derek, are you really against this because RCDriver is doing something to promote RC and Xtreme RC missed the boat on this one?

It seems you two have a lot in common....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #65
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

......
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #66
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherBracing View Post
All I was asking was for a logical explanation or clarification
My bad.. I didn't answer that.

We were contacted to provide timing and scoring in a promotional program for Ice Road Truckers at four NASCAR events.

We agreed to the free adversing and an opportunity for thousands of racing enthusiasts to become interested in RC racing.

This made sense to us. And, Shawn Palmer, our Promotions Director, was the initial contact and he made this into something that will give ROAR more exposure than if we did nothing.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #67
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Dawn, now your just repeating yourself, if you don't have something to add to the discussion please go away:lol



in case someone missed it and wants to flame me for getting on dawn, aaahhhh ok, comprehension IS 95% of reading
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #68
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Back That Thang Up!
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Vector View Post
What meds are you on ?
The question should not be what meds he's taking.

Rather, the question should be what meds he isn't taking.


LOL
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #69
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Back That Thang Up!
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Dawn, now your just repeating yourself, if you don't have something to add to the discussion please go away:lol



in case someone missed it and wants to flame me for getting on dawn, aaahhhh ok, comprehension IS 95% of reading
Ahh...so you're at the 5% level, that explains a lot.
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #70
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Vector View Post
What meds are you on ?
None, thanks for asking Rover, but since you seem to be so expereinced in such matters..........
ratherBracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #71
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
You want logic? How's this for logic.
.......And maybe (ohmygosh!) we'll get a couple new racers out of it. How is this bad?
As I said before, "and maybe to ask any of you what you're going to say to the first fellow that bellies up to the bar and says, 'yup, sign me up, I'm into them there trucks!' "

I'm sure they'll be happy to let you hand all those requests.
ratherBracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #72
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
ratherBracing/Derek, are you really against this because RCDriver is doing something to promote RC and Xtreme RC missed the boat on this one?
It seems you two have a lot in common....
If we're going to point fingers, I think you still have some explaining to do relative to your new relationship with your bu-ddy from NewYork.......
ratherBracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #73
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
My bad.. I didn't answer that.

We were contacted to provide timing and scoring in a promotional program for Ice Road Truckers at four NASCAR events.

We agreed to the free adversing and an opportunity for thousands of racing enthusiasts to become interested in RC racing.

This made sense to us. And, Shawn Palmer, our Promotions Director, was the initial contact and he made this into something that will give ROAR more exposure than if we did nothing.

Thank you for the polite and mature reply, something it seems some of your overzelous compatriots could take a lesson from.
Your answer this time explains a few things, clears up some more, and at least helps me understand why.

good luck
ratherBracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #74
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Back That Thang Up!
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

showcasing RC in front of NASCAR fans can only be a good thing IMHO
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #75
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 403forbidden View Post
Ahh...so you're at the 5% level, that explains a lot.

if you wish to make personnal attacks on me, please keep it to our beloved NW threads.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what are the differences between a 2-channel, a 3-channel and a 4 channel transmitter bosley Radio and Electronics 8 03-12-2011 09:44 AM
ROAR PARTNERS WITH HISTORY CHANNEL IN NEW SEASON OF ICE TRUCKERS Dawn Sanchez Nitro On-Road 3 05-18-2008 03:15 PM
ROAR PARTNERS WITH HISTORY CHANNEL IN NEW SEASON OF ICE TRUCKERS Dawn Sanchez Nitro Off-Road 3 05-17-2008 12:27 PM
ROAR PARTNERS WITH HISTORY CHANNEL IN NEW SEASON OF ICE TRUCKERS Dawn Sanchez Electric Off-Road 4 05-15-2008 12:03 PM
History Channel Show -Axmen Nova F1 Racer Chat Lounge 1 03-07-2008 08:41 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net