Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

wow binky. you guys have come a long way since those dena days!!! the new car looks good, really good. i'll look for Roy J at the 1st rd of the NCCS and check it out.

wilson's having some night races this summer. you and some other MD racers should come down.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Street Price

Here is another huge point the street price is going to be 479.00 to 499.00 so that's awesome.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan sparks
hope you didnt take that wrong luther.

I drove for GS. and can promise shannons looked nothing like any GS i've owned

wheres the next place the car is gonna be spotted at? GCS rd 2?
That is because you were driving the CL1 or Storm. The one I pictured is a whole new platform.

I dont know what changes have been made for the TQ SX8 but it was already and awsome car. If he changes make it better I will have to change some parts on my car as well.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I know what the CLX is. As well as the previous platforms.

Either way, TQ looks to be making big step in the right direction. car looks great.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new car is killer, it is a CLX and Fioroni makes killer upgrades for it
Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you mean these parts:
http://www.fioroni-usa.com/productsgsclx.html
check the site again soon, there will be an update regarding the fioroni parts for the clx/tq car
Old 03-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Local racer
Here is another huge point the street price is going to be 479.00 to 499.00 so that's awesome.
where an when can we buy them... do you have one with a body?.. is the body going to be similar to the CLX
Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

I would be careful of anyone wanting a TQ buggy. Luther will come on here a tell everyone that I am not reachable....blah blah blah, I gave him my address and phone number the last go round with this. But it has now been over a year since I won a TQ buggy at PNB II, now 2 versions later I still have not recieved the prize.

Now Luther, you have my info, If I do not recieve the buggy by next week. I will post all the pm's between us and I will post the email between me and the PNB crew.

You are the biggest liar in the business!!! And I will continue to remind everyone that does not know how you do business!!!!!!!! I do dare you to come on here and call me a liar......please do it, but it will get ugly!!

Note: The PNB guys have been awesome, they even offered to buy me a buggy. It is not their fault this happened, so I declined their offer. Dave and Ollie are first class folks.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=7892

gs clx clone
Old 03-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i show the pics attached previously to my friends... instant reaction...

"what? GS CLX??" they asked me...

the previous tq buggy already good... I owned the buggy here.
but this new one just screaming clx clone ... similar definitely... wouldn't it be nice people call it tq racing's, rather than gs clx clone?

just my 2 cents. I care so write here.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Default Agreed

No problem I will be very glad to honor your prize with one of the SX8 Evo car kits, but I will not have the kits until next week the shipment is do to arrive in early April,I am very sorry for the past issues with you receiving your kit but now that we are in contact with each other I will make sure this is a smooth exchange. I will also shoot a few XTRA parts with the car.This was a failed service and I accept full responsibility.

Ollie and the PNB guys are the best and I hope I can make it down one year again I am very sorry.

Now as far as the car,racers the market and way of attacking it has changed some companies have the resources to develop and design there product solely and by them selves namely the larger companies AE,LOSI,MUGEN and so on.There are other companies that need to do things diffrent to achieve the same goal,Jammin,Ofna,TQ and some others.

The SX8 Evo is based on a proven platform that has 2 years of solid development under its belt,this allows us as a company to bypass some of the growing pains often associated with a new car and platform.Look how many times one of the bigs will change a model until they get it right.The smaller company some times does not have the resources to do that so you partner and share in the cost,that allows the car to be developed to suit each market in which it must compete. This translates into our customer receiving a solid and competitive product right out of the box.We have campaigned a 1/8 car for three years,we have won allot of races with a strong team which again allows our customers to buy a product that is fully supported in a market that is dominated by the bigs.

This car has never been sold on US soil so it is new and fresh,the design and innovation says 2010.

The kits will be available in a hobby shops all around the country we have a strong network of dealers developing and are working on something special for the west coast.We will also work with some of the stronger online shops to have parts and kits available.

TQ has had its growing pains as a company but continues to get stronger with each coming day our goal is to be a solid company with great race products for the working mans price,we all agree that this is a expensive hobby and any savings is gladly rewarded.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Default Body

Yes the body will be similar,the kit will be a race roller
Old 03-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Remember that Jammin is known as Jammin here in the states and Ong Nor everywhere else, but Jay and the Team do a lot of R&D here in the states. This is no different, nobody calls the Jammin X2 a Hong Nor clone.

Luther has worked with Engineers at the factory to produce a US spec car. As we know US tracks as well known for being the most challenging with the supercross style jumps, blown out sections...etc. So as racers we look for a buggy that is easy to drive, quick and nimble, but can also handle big jumps, hard landings on hard packed tracks and take a beating and keep on going, but also at the same time offer at competitive cost.

With that said, lets show some respect because it takes a lot to introduce a new car into the nascar of R/C and lets call it by what it will be know as here in the US, the new TQ Racing SX8!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Well said Dave!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

+1 Dave.

SX8 EVO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.