Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamesrc9251
i had the same problem with my 13.5 murfdogg motor in WGT. i worked for a week with the techs at speed passion on different programming and still had the issue. it must be a cross in the motor esc combo. you might ask Matt if he was aware of this issue with the combo. i did switch to a tekin rs pro and have had no issues.
Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Very interesting, I'll have to try this motor with my Tekin RS and see if it has a similar issue.
I was witness to the struggles James had with that SP esc.
Credit due to you James for having the patience to deal with it.

Tekin solved it for sure.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hmm, I meant to post this in the off-road section... ohwell...

I havn't read though the thread but just curious to know what makes these motors so great?

Stator/rotor design, KV, torque, efficiency... etc?

Been thinking about grabbing another 17.5t motor soon and just looking at whats about.

Ones on the list so far are,
Trinity Duo 3
Team Powers Plutonium
Murfdogg
LRP X12
SpeedPassion v3

Last edited by Shimmy; 07-30-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm looking to run 13.5 and 17.5 blinky in TC. How well do these motors perform? To my knowledge nobody local uses these motors.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Synergy 1.1 new version MurfDogg Motors and other new items are restocked at TQ RC RACING.

Click Here to see the re-stocked items.

FYI, Thanks.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Great motors and Batts Matt. i TQed and won WGT at TQ on race 4 of their points series and set track record. keep up the good work
Great Job James! Keep it up dude!

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Has anyone tried using this motor with a Speed Passion GT 2.1 Prostock with latest timing software?

Soldered up a 17.5 in my TC, revved it up on the bench and all was fine. Ramped up with timing as expected. Placed it on the track, pulled the trigger, the car jerked a second, moved forward at 1/4 speed when using full throttle. The ESC started flashing a green light. From the troubleshooting guide it says the sensors are not being read. If you turn off\on the ESC it revves up again when holding the car as expected. Put it on the track same thing starts moving forward but with no timing and the green light is flashing again.

This motor works perfectly fine, the sensor wire is fine (works a Ballistic without a problem).

This exact same scenario happened with a 17.5 LRP X12 motor.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Brent
I run Tekin RS ESC's solely... I recommend them for all of my customers. Nothing against anyone else, but Tekin is the best ESC IMO....

I have heard of several situations with different brands of ESC's... my answer is always to "Toss in a Tekin RS", and 99% of the time, it solves it. Tekin does not sponsor me, nor give me anything for recommending their ESC... I am just a motor guy who believes in a product. And I am very adamant about my ESC preferences.

i had the same problem with my 13.5 murfdogg motor in WGT. i worked for a week with the techs at speed passion on different programming and still had the issue. it must be a cross in the motor esc combo. you might ask Matt if he was aware of this issue with the combo. i did switch to a tekin rs pro and have had no issues.
Exactly.....

Originally Posted by Shimmy
Hmm, I meant to post this in the off-road section... ohwell...

I havn't read though the thread but just curious to know what makes these motors so great?

Stator/rotor design, KV, torque, efficiency... etc?

Been thinking about grabbing another 17.5t motor soon and just looking at whats about.

Ones on the list so far are,
Trinity Duo 3
Team Powers Plutonium
Murfdogg
LRP X12
SpeedPassion v3
There are many options out there for you to choose from. I have nothing bad to say about any other products out there, but as a racer, if I had to choose between the motors you have listed, I would choose either the DUO3 based motors or a MurfDogg SYNERGY motor. My stuff is running pretty darn well all over the world, in many different genres. I have setups for pretty much every application out there... What I can offer you is this: If you want a motor from a small company that builds each motor one at a time, specifically for each customers' needs, than give our stuff a try. MurfDogg is a very small company, and what we offer our customers is the best customer service we can possibly give you. If you want the abilty to talk to the guy building your motors... give us a try.

Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008
I'm looking to run 13.5 and 17.5 blinky in TC. How well do these motors perform? To my knowledge nobody local uses these motors.
Without making huge claims about power, I can honestly say that we have a very loyal customer base, some of which are very tight lipped about what they are running. I can build you motors tuned for specific applications. If you run on a tight twisty track where punch is king, we can build you that... If you run on an 8th scale style, wide open and flowing layout that rewards top speed, we can do that too...

Just contact me about your needs, and we can get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

MurfDogg Updates:

My schedule has been EXTREMELY crazy the past 2 months, but finally I am home for a weekend.... Gonna relax and catch my breath, and start diggin on some things.

Our SuperCharger 2s 5500mah 65c Battery packs have been selling fast, and running even faster on the track! I just shipped off the end of our 3rd batch of 2011... The 4th batch is on the way! Cant wait to get them in and see what kind of numbers we have...(each batch has gotten better and better!)

We have been getting AWESOME results with our SuperCharger 4600mah 60c Saddle pack Lipos. When Running 17.5 Boosted 4wd, we are seeing un-matched punch which comes from our super low Internal Resistance and high Average Discharge Voltage. And just in case any of you are afraid that 4600mah is not enough for your applications... when submitting our packs to ROAR, we underrated the capacity of them... our saddles typically cycle in right around 5000mah...

Our SYNERGY 1.1 Brushless Motors are running awesome all over the place... in 1s 12th scale classes, all the way up to 4WD SCT classes. If you want expert guidance in your motor program, do not hesitate to contact me!

Our best selling product - Our "Turbo Plugs" - Low Loss Bullet Style connectors are in stock and ready to improve the efficiency of all of your electric power delivery systems. More efficient than standard style bullet connectors, our Power Plugs have less power loss and lower Internal Resistance for Maximum Power and Efficiency. Couple that with the super low profile design, and superior strength, and you have the best battery conectors on the market. Although we were temporarioly sold out of these, we just had a nother batch made, and have plenty in stock now!

Many of you 12th scale and WGT racers are finding out about our best kept secret.... our 1s 5000mah 60c SuperCharger Lipo Battery Packs. We have had awesome race results with these packs, as they are starting to fly off of the shelfs.

I want to thank all of the VERY LOYAL MurfDogg Customers for believing in the MurfDogg brand... Without you, MurfDogg would be just another silly nickname... See you soon at the track!

Matt
Old 08-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Pretty basic question here... But I noticed the solder terminals on the motor are not labeled.

Pretty much every brushless motor Ive ever dealt with has the terminals laid out from left to right, A - B - C, when looking at the endbell.

I suspect that is the case here, correct? Just wanted to double check.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Pretty basic question here... But I noticed the solder terminals on the motor are not labeled.

Pretty much every brushless motor Ive ever dealt with has the terminals laid out from left to right, A - B - C, when looking at the endbell.

Terminal names are on the can.

Stealing Bretts pic for an example
Old 08-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JamesL_71

James you are correct.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
James you are correct.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by CCristo
Terminal names are on the can.

Stealing Bretts pic for an example
[IMG]h t t p: //i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh247/LORBTR/IMG_0366.jpg[IMG]
Odd, my Synergy 1.1 17.5t is unlabeled....
Old 08-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

1.1 motors do not have the labeling.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Placed 2nd in 17.5 Stock 2wd Truck at the 2011 Surf City Classic held at OCRC Raceway! I also placed 4th in 17.5 Stock 2wd Buggy. I was using 17.5 Synergy Motors, 5500mah 65C batteries, and Turbo Plugs in both my rides
Attached Thumbnails MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread-img_0688.jpg  
Old 08-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Great job Rodney!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Matt!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

MurfDogg Racing is proud to announce that we will be sponsoring the 2011 IIC race in Las Vegas! We will have our own team pitting area as well as a display of our latest products. If you will be attending IIC this year, please stop by and say hey!

See you guys soon!

I know I cant wait to race WGT at IIC this year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.