Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Turn your radio down to 90% thriottle. Callibrate the ESC. Then turn the throttle up to 110%. (if your radio cant do 110%, use 80% then 100%)

There can be a full throttle "wander" and this stops you losing full throttle as for most racers the full throttle is when the trigger is jammed against the case. This moves full throttle away from the case

I would also think that the rpm range you set is very high . I would have thought starting around 5000 and going to say 13000 might have worked better. Racers can correct me if I am wrong
ARHHHH
thanks Greg,
I'll try the calibration, hope it's the problem, don't want to spend more money,
regarding theset up, this was given to me by the fastest guy at our club, I'm now the 2nd fastest!!!!
Steve
Old 04-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
ARHHHH
thanks Greg,
I'll try the calibration, hope it's the problem, don't want to spend more money,
regarding theset up, this was given to me by the fastest guy at our club, I'm now the 2nd fastest!!!!
Steve
Glad to help
Old 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Hello everybody,

Do you have a good starting point for a 4.5 ?

I'll try the speedo this weekend on a big track, but I need a good setup for a 4.5 motor.

Thanks for you answers
Old 04-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I use a KO Eurus radio and can say that the throttle calibration issue can be addressed with as little as a 5% variance. Most seem to be going with 10% as a safe margin. I do not know anyone using 20%.

Basically, on the Eurus, the max number for throttle is 150% so a KO sponsored driver said to start at 140% throttle, set the RS calibration, and then set the throttle to 150%. Works like a charm.

I have also tried the settings of 90%/100% and 100%/110% with no difference noted in lap times. Your choice!

Bill
Old 04-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Manu_05'
Hello everybody,

Do you have a good starting point for a 4.5 ?

I'll try the speedo this weekend on a big track, but I need a good setup for a 4.5 motor.

Thanks for you answers
Used with 4.0t motor and vegas 203 software for sensored motor
with touringcar(T3) on a large outdoor track
Punch level at 1
timing boost 14 or 16
turbo off
start rpm at 8500\end rpm between 20000/22000
Gives good speed and acceleration.
Assumed that you have the RS PRO esc?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

ThX for your answer!

Yes, I have an RS Pro.

You don't use the turbo with the modified motor ?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Initiate

What gear ratio were you running on that set up as i'm looking for advice on running 4.5t on a large track.
Thanks in advance.
Scotty...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

ThX for your answer!

Yes, I have an RS Pro.

Why would you want turbo with a Mod?

The whole point of mod is the motor is unlimited. If you want more speed fit a faster motor.

Turbo is for Stock motors which are limited in windings.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

ThX for your answer!

Yes, I have an RS Pro.

It is not usual to switch on the turbo because of overheating the ESC.

I aggree with SKIDDINS
Old 04-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by msxmre
What gear ratio were you running on that set up as i'm looking for advice on running 4.5t on a large track.
Thanks in advance.
Scotty...
1:6.9
Old 04-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You really shouldn't need turbo in mod, the guys are right.

If you're trying to do that it's like playing with fire. It can be done but you MUST be careful and know what you're doing.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Why would you want turbo with a Mod?

The whole point of mod is the motor is unlimited. If you want more speed fit a faster motor.

Accepting what Randy says above, why wouldn't I want Turbo with Mod?

If a Mod can rev out on the ratio you have, why wouldn't I add 5 deg turbo on a medium delay to get even more speed on the straight? That would give me options on ratio for tight sections of infield, yet still give me plenty of beans on the straight.

Tekin's piece of wonder-kit gives us all options. I could understand that it gets abused by some, but I don't understand why some options are dismissed because someone says they're not needed. Have those people tried it? We are racers, so we can never have too much power!

Put it this way, until someone did it and proved how good it was, what would you have said if I asked whether I should use turbo with 0.0 delay and then put the rev range up to bring in the timing? "No," I'm guessing! I've tried it, and it works in the right hands on the right track. Why wouldn't a little turbo help make your Mod killer-fast in the right circumstances?

We don't NEED it, but it would work. Just a thought...
Old 04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne

If a Mod can rev out on the ratio you have, why wouldn't I add 5 deg turbo on a medium delay to get even more speed on the straight? That would give me options on ratio for tight sections of infield, yet still give me plenty of beans on the straight.

Tekin's piece of wonder-kit gives us all options. I could understand that it gets abused by some, but I don't understand why some options are dismissed because someone says they're not needed. Have those people tried it? We are racers, so we can never have too much power!

Put it this way, until someone did it and proved how good it was, what would you have said if I asked whether I should use turbo with 0.0 delay and then put the rev range up to bring in the timing? "No," I'm guessing! I've tried it, and it works in the right hands on the right track. Why wouldn't a little turbo help make your Mod killer-fast in the right circumstances?

so if pro's dont use turbo in mod, which they dont, and have great throttle control, hand eye co-ordination.........

THEN WHY THE HELL DO YOU NEED TURBO......IN MOD?

you have fantastic logic mate!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins

Your statement sums up the whole problem with electric racing today.

Really when using the new Tekin software on a 17.5, is it really stock anymore? Your statement kinda sounds like Turbo is for "cheating" in stock class.

Your other point about running faster motors in mod, again what is mod and what is stock? If I can run a 17.5 with a Tekin that is as fast as a 13.5 without, whats the difference? They're both mod except with different motors.

I'm not trying to argue the whole point of the Tekin vs. everthing else. Really the point is that there is no such thing as "STOCK" anymore.

If someone wants to run 5.5 or even 3.5 with Turbo, then go for it. See how long the car lasts before it blows up or impails itself with a barrier. There will be many other "physical" factors that will limit speed more so than just rules and regulations.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne

Nothing prohibiting turbo in mod, but the reason that boost is suggested over turbo is because mod motors are much more sensative to extra timing. The best way to apply turbo is like you said; longer delay and time it for the straight if you need it. However, even with the smoothest ramp the power will come in rather abruptly upsetting the chassis which is the last thing you want to do in mod. Boost can be controlled much better and you are guaranteed not to add too much timing too quickly if for some reason you grab full throttle much earlier than normal going on the straight or come onto the straight slower (after a crash) and aren't going fast enough when the turbo kicks in. Basically the whole argument against turbo in mod is lack of smoothness (upsetting the chassis) and increased chance for being overtimed (blows motors much faster in low turn motors than stock winds).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.