Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Initiate

next softer rear springs than the ones that come stock with the evo 2 wce
Maybe you are just interested...but if you really think to buy them please think twice. Most times the stock medium springs or the dark blue option hard springs are the ones to have. To be honest I personally sometimes only tend to use even harder springs under real high bite conditions and when running a Lola instead of a touring body. Then i choose the Evolva whites...but that happens only a few times a year.
To mount softer springs than the stock ones could make your car bottoming easier causing serious setup issues.

--- MARTIN ---
Old 01-05-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I had a chance to go through the rest of the thread today and I'm wondering, for those of us that have the original RRR WC, what the Evo2 will do for us in terms of the performance on the track.

Hands down, the Evolva shocks are an improvement and that came with the Evo. That's a definite upgrade.

The chassis changes seem to be another improvement - which the skilled owner can do himself with a dremel. But, is it possible to just work on the setup and get the same results? Are the chassis changes just a crutch for someone that isn't quite up to the nuances of setup changes? BTW... Does anyone know if you can just buy a Evo2 chassis and just drop the original parts on it??

We can't just drop on the top deck of course - that requires just too many parts.

Zero offset wheels - Some of us switched over to zero offset years ago.

And the clutch parts and spur gears... hmmm... I think you fall in either one of two situations:

(1) Your lap times are super consistent and you need to shave off a few tenths of a second.

(2) Your lap times are not very consistent so what's a few tenths of a second anyway.

So I'm thinking the original RRR WC (with Evolva shocks and maybe the chassis changes) is still good to go for the average club racer until his lap times are consistent, but that's just my opinion of course. What this also means is that a used original RRR WC is still a good buy for anyone.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

BTW.. I own and two fully track ready original RRR WCs, each with various types of upgrades

yo dude.... good to see you again

I had been into 1/8 off road more then 1/0 scale and thinking of coming back to 1/0 more in 2010...

My RRR wc still in race ready condition and thinking of switching motor from Sirio after it had blow off since my last club race

which is the best bet next to Sirio ? any suggestion ?

cheers
Old 01-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Springs from other manufacturer

Hi!

I have some springs from AE, they are rated in LBS.

Can someone help me, from which values I should start?
Now at front I have 30lbs and rear 25lbs.

Any tip welcome

m.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

I have some springs from AE, they are rated in LBS.

Can someone help me, from which values I should start?
Now at front I have 30lbs and rear 25lbs.

Any tip welcome

m.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't use the kyosho springs, but here is a starting point as best as I can figure from this chart and the springs that I know. http://nitrokb.netne.net/vonerrr/ima...pringrate1.jpg

719g/mm fronts
495g/mm rears

I am not sure how to convert them to lb/sq but you should be able to go by spring size which is the true way to rate them. You want basically 1.6mm wire and betweeen 3 and 3.5 coils for each if the spring is the standard length of 21mm long.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I'm not sure why you wouldn't use the kyosho springs, but here is a starting point as best as I can figure from this chart and the springs that I know. http://nitrokb.netne.net/vonerrr/ima...pringrate1.jpg

719g/mm fronts
495g/mm rears

I am not sure how to convert them to lb/sq but you should be able to go by spring size which is the true way to rate them. You want basically 1.6mm wire and betweeen 3 and 3.5 coils for each if the spring is the standard length of 21mm long.
Hi!

Thanks for replay, nitrokb is very nice site

I have kyosho rrr short and a little longer blue spring set (they are not
light blue, or dark, they are normal) and I must find they rate.

I drive my rrr only for fun and I don't need new springs when I can use
my sets from electrics

Btw, I found how to recalculate LBS to g/mm.

LB / 0.056 = g/mm (maybe better is LB/inch -> g/mm)

40 / 0.056 = 714 g/mm

or

719g/mm * 0.056 = 40.2 lb/inch

Anyway, thank you for tip!

m.

ps: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ate-chart.html
http://www.deccosoftware.com/forum/tech/SpringRates.htm
Old 01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maskedrider
yo dude.... good to see you again

I had been into 1/8 off road more then 1/0 scale and thinking of coming back to 1/0 more in 2010...

My RRR wc still in race ready condition and thinking of switching motor from Sirio after it had blow off since my last club race

which is the best bet next to Sirio ? any suggestion ?

cheers
Good seeing you again too! How is the family? Any more kids.

Remember when you used this avatar? I actually picture you looking like this.

I guess the next best bet to Sirio is Max Power, as that was very popular during the worlds... http://events.redrc.net/2008/08/vita...ds-statistics/
Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
719g/mm * 0.056 = 40.2 lb/inch
Apparently the chart is wrong for what I remember, there is no way that spring is 40lb (I have corally springs and the 40's are wayy too stiff)

if you have the normal blue springs, thats the medium of the 3 for the evo except I think they did have blues before the evo that are way off. they are 5 coils, of 1.7mm wire. the fronts are 4.5 coils with 1.7mm wire meaning the fronts are slightly harder (less coils is harder)

If it helps, almost all kyosho drivers run the medium blue springs on every track surface. the only other option is the older springs, black or silver in the front and gold in the back. those few options basically cover everything.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

hi guys!
has any one try the knack plastic bevel gears for the rrr diffs?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
hi guys!
has any one try the knack plastic bevel gears for the rrr diffs?
Damn Greg, you 're still here?
You got now evo 2??
Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

nooo!
just the old rrr wc.
maybe when something new will come out from kyosho!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Guys, did you know that Kyosho electric readyset bodies (TF-5 series) fit to RRR! Only the front bumper need to be modified to fit the body.

Not sure if this is to anyone's interest, but for someone it may be a nice & quick solution to get the car on track because you can get these bodies prepainted and precut. Just drill the refill & cooling holes and go.
Doing a completely new body may be a pain.

I'm planning to use a mazda body for training. They're pretty close to proline. I think they're even 200mm wide. Looks like it.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Good seeing you again too! How is the family? Any more kids.

Remember when you used this avatar? I actually picture you looking like this.

I guess the next best bet to Sirio is Max Power, as that was very popular during the worlds... http://events.redrc.net/2008/08/vita...ds-statistics/
omg... to think that you picture me as he ?

my family is good and my wife give me another wonderful child for me

thanks for asking

Max ...... currently still using their shock oil now and its pretty good at the moment as kyosho is way too expensive for me.

may give a second tot for their motor....

cheers
Old 01-15-2010, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Hi I hope someone can help.

I currently have a V1RRR WC edition, but saw this amazing looking chassis.......

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=19163

Will the Evo2 Chassis fit the RRR WC edition ?

Surely all the plastics from the RRR EVO2 are the same as the old RRR WC edition ?

If someone can tell me I would be most grateful. That chassis is cheap!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcrossco_1
Hi I hope someone can help.

I currently have a V1RRR WC edition, but saw this amazing looking chassis.......

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=19163

Will the Evo2 Chassis fit the RRR WC edition ?

Surely all the plastics from the RRR EVO2 are the same as the old RRR WC edition ?

If someone can tell me I would be most grateful. That chassis is cheap!
Yes, that chassis is a direct fit. I've ran it on several tracks and it is worth the price.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

I recently got an evo 2 chassis for my wc and was wondering if i could us the bulk heads and all the parts from the wc to use the evo2 top deck? Also I have have some cvd's that i purchased and the axle part with the threads seem too long and uses a spacer before the wheel hex; are these for 2 degree offsets? I think im going to use dog bones in the rear but really want to know if i do that if i can use 0 degree off sets without the car doing funny things.
Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.