New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Fot the turbo, make sure your throttle position is set correctly. When full throttle, green LED will be solid on. Try let the wheel off the ground, when turbo kick in, the motor sound will change.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
Fot the turbo, make sure your throttle position is set correctly. When full throttle, green LED will be solid on. Try let the wheel off the ground, when turbo kick in, the motor sound will change.
Yes, the green led is solid, and when you hold the car up you do hear the motor change sound. I was expecting some massive amount of power, which is what people lead others to believe in this forum. I'm using a TW17.5 motor, and i dont notice any advantage compared to my SP GT2 speedo . Like i said i have tried 2 different RB50's and 3 Different TW17.5, and i cant tell any difference, i get the same lap times with a SP GT2 and SP17.5 motor.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default lack of brakes

just started using the TW, and noticed with the highest brake settings 4/4, its still quite lacking. Even played with the brake aggressiveness and no luck.

And yes, the led is on the speedy when max brake is on.

latest firmware, which is 1.1

reverse epa maxed out 120%

anyone help me get more brakes?
Old 11-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

some motors just brake better than others.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

I understand that, but ive been using the same motor for 2 months, still very good, and the brakes are very good on the tekin rs and lrp sxx on that same motor and car.

just not very good on the TW. Everything has been recalibrated after the firmware update.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Tech Adept

Hacker:
Which motor are you using ? How many turns is the motor?
Which radio/receiver are you using?
Old 11-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Hacker:
Which motor are you using ?
speed passion 17.5

How many turns is the motor?

Which radio/receiver are you using?
futaba 3pm/603ff
yes the speed passion has a 12.3mm rotor, and I know I can get better brakes by going to a 12.5mm rotor in a tekin or trinity, but the fact is I have better brakes on my 2 other speedies, in the same car, on that same motor.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
yes the speed passion has a 12.3mm rotor, and I know I can get better brakes by going to a 12.5mm rotor in a tekin or trinity, but the fact is I have better brakes on my 2 other speedies, in the same car, on that same motor.
Thats just unusual. I know one of the locals at my home track is still dialing down his brakes after changing from the RS to the RB. All experience I have had so far is the RB has slightly stronger brakes than the LRP's and WAY MORE than the Tekin which is known to be "soft". Maybe you are locking wheels and not realising it? Try less brakes and see if it stops better. This is something I find in mod quite a bit. Usually 75% brakes stops quickest as anything high starts locking wheels.

Originally Posted by moontrap
Yes, the green led is solid, and when you hold the car up you do hear the motor change sound. I was expecting some massive amount of power, which is what people lead others to believe in this forum. I'm using a TW17.5 motor, and i dont notice any advantage compared to my SP GT2 speedo . Like i said i have tried 2 different RB50's and 3 Different TW17.5, and i cant tell any difference, i get the same lap times with a SP GT2 and SP17.5 motor.
There is no such thing as massive power in 17.5. You do notice the power quite a bit in 10.5 though. I believe you will find that side by side with other speedies you should have more grunt out of the turns. I don't run 17.5 often at all but against both SPX and RS speedies I can match their straight line speed with more bottom end. I normally use timeshift 3 with turbo on for spec racing.

BTW the TW and SP motors (SP sportsman series) are the same. I don't know about the new V3.0 motors but the stats are all the same so I think the only difference is the can.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I tried 17.5,13.5 and 5.5 with rb50 and all I can say is the brake is "so strong". much more than enough. way better than brushed motor.
Also the service from Max is top rated. Thank you team wave.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Watchout:

When the plug is fully inserted, the gap between the socket and the plug extrusion is around 0.6mm.

If you still have problem, you can ship it back to us and we will change a new socket for you.
Attached Thumbnails New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-sensor_gap.jpg  
Old 11-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
There is no such thing as massive power in 17.5. You do notice the power quite a bit in 10.5 though. I believe you will find that side by side with other speedies you should have more grunt out of the turns. I don't run 17.5 often at all but against both SPX and RS speedies I can match their straight line speed with more bottom end. I normally use timeshift 3 with turbo on for spec racing.

BTW the TW and SP motors (SP sportsman series) are the same. I don't know about the new V3.0 motors but the stats are all the same so I think the only difference is the can.
Thanks, i would have atleast thought that considering the SP GT2, and LRP TC does not have a turbo/boost feature, that the RB50 would have been quicker on topend, but this does not seem to be the case, the punch on the RB50 is good, and the brakes are good, i just wanted more topend.

Yes the TW17.5 and the SP17.5 sportsman is the same, thats why i am saying that the RB50 and GT2 give the same laptimes
Old 11-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Watchout:

When the plug is fully inserted, the gap between the socket and the plug extrusion is around 0.6mm.

If you still have problem, you can ship it back to us and we will change a new socket for you.
Thanks, the plug is definitely inserted properly. I'm going to trying racing this weekend with the cable tie wrapped so it applies tension to the plug. Will see if it holds and how it performs against RS and SPX on a smaller carpet track (40ft x 80ft).
Old 11-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Thanks, i would have atleast thought that considering the SP GT2, and LRP TC does not have a turbo/boost feature, that the RB50 would have been quicker on topend, but this does not seem to be the case, the punch on the RB50 is good, and the brakes are good, i just wanted more topend.

Yes the TW17.5 and the SP17.5 sportsman is the same, thats why i am saying that the RB50 and GT2 give the same laptimes
OK... The turbo on the RB is different from the Tekin RS and LRP's unlimited dynamic timing which could also be loosely called turbo. In the case of the SPX and the RS they simply throw lots and lots of timing at your motor for more top end at the end of the straight. You need a decent sized straight to get an advantage from this system because the whole thing generates much more heat so you need to gear down. Gearing down will give you less pull out of the corners so you lose the advantage gained with more straight line speed. With the RB turbo somehow forces more current through the same motor. This gives more RPM and Torque (basically power) instantly at full throttle only. Once again you will need to gear down a bit from older speedies as you now have more RPM but you won't lose the pull out of the turns, in fact you will gain some. You will also find that you can achive more top speed with less heat as the motor runs more efficiently without stacks of timing even though its using more current.

Ultimately its still best to gear by temp (within reason). If you are coming off the track with a cool motor than gear up to see if the lap times improve. Always keep an eye on your temps though especially on a hot day.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Troyu

You say gearing down loses pull out of the corner for Tekin and LRP but gearing down gives pull for the Wave.

Gearing down in all of these "turbo" style ESC's is amost mandatory. This is why they are built like this .

The concept is to beat the problems of the massive rollouts required by BL ESC's to get good top speed, especially in the SPEC classes. Gear for the top end and the car gets "mushy " out of corners. The new ESC's are designed now to be geared lower for more pull out of corners and the "turbo" or whatever you want to call it will look after the top speed. Gear lower and you get the turbo functions to kick in earlier

And gearing down in all of these ESC's reduces heat as they are not designed to be geared up
Old 11-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cannon
You say gearing down loses pull out of the corner for Tekin and LRP but gearing down gives pull for the Wave.
As I said above the RB Turbo works in a different way to the others. Take the SPX for example. There is no doubt to anyone who has used one that more gearing gives you more of EVERYTHING. You need to keep the gearing as high as you can get away with just so you can have power. This is why so many SPX speedies blew up motors at the Nationals only last weekend. Interestingly both my brothers had more pull out of the corners than anyone they where near and neither ran above 80C all weekend. Owen was doing 70-75C with no fan on his motor. That is barely any hotter than the track temp was!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.