Old 10-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Adept

Casey Belarde, You can order it at RCMART:

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php
Old 10-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
I'm planning on getting the RB30 with 17.5 motor for my RCGT car. Does anyone have a base setup for this motor combo?

Thanks in advance
Profile 4 turbo on
FDR?

Am I heading in the right direction here? I just need a base setup.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I assume by RCGT you mean 10th scale pan cars? Start with turbo and timeshift 5 for smooth power. I imagine a rollout of around 60mm? You can also try a lower throttle profile of around 2-3 if it is a handful to drive.

On another note tried the RB-50 out at stock (17.5 brushless) at my local track. Felt a little undergeared at first so dropped two teeth of the spur and was pretty sweet. managed the fastest lap of the day by a mile and won by close to a lap. Also 2nd place was an RB-30. Of intrest I had more power than anyone out there but the same if not more speed except one. Could actually hold my hand on the motor after a run!

Settings were...
Turbo on
Timeshift 4
Throttle profile 8

Cheers.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I assume by RCGT you mean 10th scale pan cars? Start with turbo and timeshift 5 for smooth power. I imagine a rollout of around 60mm? You can also try a lower throttle profile of around 2-3 if it is a handful to drive.

On another note tried the RB-50 out at stock (17.5 brushless) at my local track. Felt a little undergeared at first so dropped two teeth of the spur and was pretty sweet. managed the fastest lap of the day by a mile and won by close to a lap. Also 2nd place was an RB-30. Of intrest I had more power than anyone out there but the same if not more speed except one. Could actually hold my hand on the motor after a run!

Settings were...
Turbo on
Timeshift 4
Throttle profile 8

Cheers.
RCGT is a class here in the US for the 10th scale touring car with X-pattern rubber tires and realistic bodies.

I'm assuming 60mm rollout is around ~4.3 - 5.0 FDR?

Thanks for the response. I almost gave up on purchasing this speed controller up until you responded. Yes, I did do a "search" on this, and only came up with turbo on with timeshift 4.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Settings were...
Turbo on
Timeshift 4
Throttle profile 8

Cheers.
What was your roll out?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bukil
RCGT is a class here in the US for the 10th scale touring car with X-pattern rubber tires and realistic bodies.

I'm assuming 60mm rollout is around ~4.3 - 5.0 FDR?

Thanks for the response. I almost gave up on purchasing this speed controller up until you responded. Yes, I did do a "search" on this, and only came up with turbo on with timeshift 4.

Thanks
OK... We call that "Vintage" here in Australia running pre 1980's bodies with HPI spec rubber. In that case a rollout of around 50mm depending on motor would be a good starting point. That is about 4.05FDR for a medium sized track.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Another weekend goes by and with it more wins for Team Wave in Sydney, Australia.

Friday night racing was on a tight technical indoor track and in the premier class, 10.5, it was a Team Wave RB50 and Linear 10.5 that took the TQ and win. Another Team wave driver set the fastest lap of the night. Team Wave speed controls are able to deliver more punch which is needed on tight tracks.

On Sunday Team Wave drivers took TQ, 1st and 2nd in 17.5 on a larger outdoor track. The Team Wave turbo matches any other speed control in top speed but has better throttle control and low end punch.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Settings were...
Turbo on
Timeshift 4
Throttle profile 8

Cheers.
where can I pick up one of these ESC???
thanks for the info
Old 11-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

wrifuquo,
you can purchase it directly from team wave.

ciao
Max
Old 11-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mtaddei
wrifuquo,
you can purchase it directly from team wave.

ciao
Max
Check your favorite on-line shops. I believe RC-Market carries them but as mentioned you can buy em direct from Team Wave also. For spec racing you only need the RB-30 but I recommend you get the program card so you can update the software when new versions are released. Its also easier to do multiple changes to the speedy in one hit.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi,

I got the RB-30 and will be using 1 car for the Tamiya race for GT1 (13.5 brushless) and GT2 black can motor.

What is the best profile for the brushless setup and Black can setup?

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

one question, maeby alreay discussed, what happen if i use the rb50 motor 10.5 with both drive profile and time shift at the maximum setting?

Tnks n best rgds
Max
Old 11-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Hi guys,

one question, maeby alreay discussed, what happen if i use the rb50 motor 10.5 with both drive profile and time shift at the maximum setting?

Tnks n best rgds
Max
Drive Profile is like changing the throttle curve on your radio. It changes feel not power output or timing. If you are running Turbo, changing Time Shift will change how the timing progresses up to the point Turbo cuts in, which is 95%+ throttle. As with all situations, more timing means more mid to top but less low end. For a large track Time Shift 4-5 is good but for tight tracks 2-3 is good.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Ciao Plabo,

tnks for the clarification.

Max

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.