Community
Wiki Posts
Search

battery numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randman
From what I have learned, the only packs that you can trust 100% are the ones matched on a turbomatcher. You can't change any of the variables on the turbomatcher to make the #'s seem any higher than they actually are. I am sending all of my packs in to Fukuyama to be rematched on a turbomatcher to make sure all of the #'s are accurate.
True to the fact that is almost correct. One thing though, the CE Turbomatchers are very sensitive and requires periodic calibrations and slight adjustments. So in reality, the most accurate numbers are only acheived when the turbomatchers are new or newly calibrated. In my case, most are new and some just came back from calibration. One thing I've notice is a close friend of mine bought a slightly used turbomatcher on ebay and kept complaining to me that the numbers were aweful. Turns out, we place both matchers side by side to our's which just came back from calibration and it was off by .08. We notice the contacts were a little corroded from high usage. Then there was another case, where another machine also bought on ebay were showing better numbers by .05.

Let me know if you want yours re-conditioned or just purely re-matched.

Dan
Old 08-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Grizzbob
Actually, I don't see a problem in seeing numbers based on charging at 6 amps, since many of us are charging them at that rate anyway(like I do). And from what I hear, ProMatch is seeing voltage numbers just as high as SMC, & they charge at 5 amps for their testing, so I really don't think it's an issue.....
Yeah, there aren't much of a difference in 5 or 6 amp charge. 6 amps will charge and get it done a little quicker and peak slightly hotter. I've notice that the 5 amps will give you about 150 more Milliamp per hour which is equivelent to about 10 seconds. When running mod, stick with 5 or 6 amps. When running stock, I've re-peak as high as 8 amps just to squeez that little extra Ump! outta the packs withou causing any damage. The GP cells are great for this.

Dan
Old 08-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

my newest pack has 1.189 vilts and 536 run time i got them off the guy who owns the company for 30 $
Old 08-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Old 08-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
LOL...
Old 08-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Danny at SMC did a comparison of the same cells, matched at 6 amps, then 5. The numbers were virtually identical, the difference was in the IR. I beleive the results are on Hobbytalk -->general--> SMC wants your advice
Old 08-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

God you guys are stupid.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
From what I have learned, the only packs that you can trust 100% are the ones matched on a turbomatcher. You can't change any of the variables on the turbomatcher to make the #'s seem any higher than they actually are. I am sending all of my packs in to Fukuyama to be rematched on a turbomatcher to make sure all of the #'s are accurate.
Well you can print labels any which way you want so the only reliable way of getting good cells is to buy from a reputable source.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default fukuyama

does fukuyama sell batteries or just rematch batteries??
Old 08-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Consider this:

Take a look at the BEST packs from one to two years ago.
Matched at 5 amp charge and 20 amp discharge.

Compare to 6 amp charge and 30 amp discharge.

When you see the kind of run time and voltage characteristics of the new breed of "Supercells", really consider what you are seeing.

I remember AWESOME 2400's that at 30 amps were only showing voltage of 1.100 per cell. and that was under 400 seconds.

Don't tell me that a 6 amp charge is going to scew the nubmers that much.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: fukuyama

Originally posted by dyaz21
does fukuyama sell batteries or just rematch batteries??
He is launching his cells at the end of this month or early next month. I personally have a few sets of his cells and they are exceptional. His website is www.fukuyamaracing.com for info.