Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 04:15 AM
Regional Moderator

heres my pro3.....not as hopped up as pro3racing's ....but its well setup for the track!
Attached Thumbnails pro3-my-hpi.jpg  
Old 12-27-2001, 04:18 AM
Regional Moderator

I like Pro2 better than Pro3. Pro3 is not consistent at all (out of the box), and need to work on some developments to be competitive. Look at Hara's car at JMRCA (loaded with HotBodies's parts)... And Surikarn (TRF-414M) beat him at HKG Reedy Race because Hara use only optional-parts from HPI (except HotBodies's Upperdeck). The other HPI driver Umino = B Main.
Old 12-27-2001, 04:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Hara's Pro3 at JMRCA. Results : 2nd place overall behind Masami (Team Yokomo)

Old 12-27-2001, 04:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Hara's Pro3 at HKG International Race.
Results : 3rd overall behind Team Tamiya (1st Surikarn, 2nd M. Miura)

Old 12-27-2001, 04:29 AM
Regional Moderator

well yeh.....the pro3 might not be competitive on most tracks...but its handles like a dream on slippery asphault.....thats where i race .....the car is suited for parking lot style tracks...thats where it performs....luckily i race on that kinda track! eheh
i heard so many stories of eople trieng to make the car work on carpet.....they gave up......this car is the ultimate low grip track car!
Old 12-27-2001, 04:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Try to reducing slops with shim, etc. I've tried and it works great..... You can notice the difference in it's handling consistency when using a Low-Turn Motor (<9T).

Last edited by daniz24; 12-27-2001 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-27-2001, 04:46 AM
Regional Moderator

ok ...thanks for the tip...so i put shims on the arms and uprights ....right? ...i didnt know you had a pro3!?
Old 12-27-2001, 05:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by mr4-malta
ok ...thanks for the tip...so i put shims on the arms and uprights ....right? ...i didnt know you had a pro3!?
Well, it's actually mine... but my friend borrowed it for the nats... hehe.... I'm already satisfied with my MR-4TCSP...
Try to use torque rod (stiffener like 414M) from upright to f/r bulkhead, it's also helps a lot.
Old 12-27-2001, 06:13 AM
Regional Moderator

ok that could be done.. so from bulk head(secrewd to steering posts w/ longer screws!) to upright (screwed on to the king pin)....hmm ill try to do it tonight....thanks for the idea's... i too have a mr4 sp ..... good car...!
Old 12-27-2001, 06:35 AM
Regional Moderator

mr4-malta : Yes... and also for rear upright, you need to drill a hole and put those purple ball ends, and don't forget to use upperdeck Do you also have durability problem for rear belt using "HOT" Motor like..... 8 Turn maybe??
Old 12-27-2001, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey daniz great tip got any more
Old 12-27-2001, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Adam,

Reason I haven't replied is not to upset you around Christmas time. If you wish me to give you some answers I will with the greatest of pleasure, but it will only upset you ven more, so let's leave it till after the festive season.

I think Josh and I upset enough people last Sunday placing 1st and 2nd in the Christmas Cup. Great day for our cars and products, wasn't it. TC3s 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th, MR4s 2nd and 4th. Can't be bad.

Happy new year.

Oh by the way, where's this low grip track you race at?

regards

Joe.
Old 12-27-2001, 11:40 AM
Regional Moderator

i dont mind getting uset during the festive season.... so type your answers away...!!!!?
ohh and you are correct on the last comment....cause i havnt driven on any other permant track besides ours... well it canot be that grippy...cause even you took out your top plate on your mr4-sp ..now that saying somthing.....i havent heard of anyone on the net who has taken off their top plates on a yok sp...
Old 12-27-2001, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

I'll stick my 2 cents in.....
I helped build a P3 the night before leaving for a race meeting earlier this year. I have several comments regarding my experience.

1. Don't hide any addendum to the instructions in advertising material. We found a sheet of updates to the instructions lurking in a glossy pamphlet.

2. Try bagging the kit in steps, instead of having to check each paper plate looking for parts/screws.

3. Parts finish is poor. Kit spec is Poor. Instructions are average.

The owner of the car has to rebuild it, on average, after every second or third race. It is not acceptable to hope to complete a heat. The car was one of the first batch, with known Faults.
He previously owned a HPI P2 and won a National Modified title with it. It was a proven winner and almost bulletproof.

I feel the PRO 3 suffers the same drawback shared by the XXX-S, A Low Kit Spec.
Maybe I have just become spoilt by getting Titanium, Graphite composite or Blue alloy on my cars, I don't know.
What I do know, in favour of the XXX-S, is that in more or less standard trim, The Losi is capable of winning. The P3 is not.

The fact is, the HPI Team cars look different at nearly every race attended by them.
This shows that they are trying to develop the car(Good on them), however what you or I buy in the box for our hard earned money bears no resemblance to the car campaigned by Hara, Umino etc.

The V spec kit just released contains items that certainly make better buying, however it is in limited release in Asia. Pricewise, it makes the X-Ray T1 look affordable.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Adam,

The fact that my Yoke has a home made top plate which encourages flex, is nothing to do with track surface whatsoever.

It is just to overcome my lousy driving. The fact that I place reasonably well is just a reflection on everyone elses driving. Have you ever seen my Yoke ride the kerbs - something I do all the time unintentionally. It twists and flexes, but doesn't bounce off and roll so often. That's why I have it....to counteract my lousy driving.

Unlike you, we have raced on other tracks, and let me assure you that ours has far more grip than most. Perhaps the best judgement though, is that of foreigners who have raced on our track. Every one of them has gone away saying it is the grippiest track they have ever run on.

However I am happy to accept and respect your opinion.

Oh by the way, interesting comments by Simon K on Pro 3.

As to your suggestion that I shouldn't criticise the Pro 3 because I haven't ever driven one, let me just ask you a question. Have you ever driven an F1 Ferrari or an F1 Minardi? If I ask you which is best your intelligence and the fact that you follow F1 will tell me the Ferrari .....although you have never driven one. You have come to that conclusion, not because you have driven both, but because you have followed the trend and the facts.

With the HPI business, I read and see for myself. I talk to people that have them, here and abroad. I look at results. I see poor Hara, potentially the best driver in the World, the World champ when he drove a Yoke, now humiliated even by Tamiya, and then I form my opinion. You read books too don't you?

Happy new year.

Joe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.