Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default M-06 ???

I've just been looking at the rc-mini website (http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/), and there are pictures of an M-06 RWD M-chassis...

Edit: And just noticed that there is already a thread about it (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...06-thread.html).
Old 09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

wanted to ask whats the main difference between the m05 pr0 and the m05 blue version. Thanx
Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The colour....and that's true.

The kits are identical apart from the blue plating on the chassis, and transparent blue (as opposed to clear) shocks
Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I sure wish Tamiya would get over those crappy clear shocks.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Can anyone tell me what shocks come with kit number 58465? That's the Fiat Abarth 1000. Tower lists them as plastic oil filled. If thats the case, are they CVA super mini or the clear ones?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by woodys3b
I sure wish Tamiya would get over those crappy clear shocks.
You don't like the clear shocks? they're cool, you can put food colouring in with the shock oil and they end up looking like lava lamps!

The Fiat kit that I have came with the crappy M05 friction shocks.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer
What are the effects of using the wrong outdrives with gear diff ??

I was running my M03r and she was dialed running the Ta03 ball diff, half way through my race the diff let go and couldnt put down any power. without having a rebuild kit for the ball diff i threw the gear diff back in after this i have nothing but traction rolls i went from running 1st/2nd to 6th/7th also the car was pivoting this was three weeks ago. Well i just noticed while preparring for this weeknds race i never switched out the outdrives. Upon comparrison i noticed the outdrives for the ball diff are about 1-2 mm longer.
What effects would this have on driving ? Im hoping this has fixed my traction roll issues but have no track to practice on till Sat.
We are in a very close points battle (2 points seperating 4 cars for 3rd place)
and this weekend is final leg

Thanks
The only difference the outdrives should make is the durability. The longer ones will be harder to strip out, which is a benefit to you. I mistakenly used gear diff outdrives on the ball diff, one hit just cleared out all of the teeth on the diff half since there was so little contact area.

It's more the gear diff that's in question.. how is it built? Extra washers for some tension? AW grease? how does it usually feel compared to the (formerly working) ball diff?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tim K
You don't like the clear shocks? they're cool, you can put food colouring in with the shock oil and they end up looking like lava lamps!

The Fiat kit that I have came with the crappy M05 friction shocks.
Would you mind checking to see if your kit number is the same as the one I listed? Tower charges $30 more for this kit than the other M-05 Kits. Must be something besides different tires to justify that.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
The only difference the outdrives should make is the durability. The longer ones will be harder to strip out, which is a benefit to you. I mistakenly used gear diff outdrives on the ball diff, one hit just cleared out all of the teeth on the diff half since there was so little contact area.

It's more the gear diff that's in question.. how is it built? Extra washers for some tension? AW grease? how does it usually feel compared to the (formerly working) ball diff?
Well a tight ball diff will induce a nice off throttle push, which helps to reduce traction roll into the corner. The stock ball diff is very free and thus can make the car snappy on turn in.

I tune the front end with the amount of traction additive on the tire (carpet) and or using super glue on the sidewall. But a lot of perfomance improvement came from filling the gear diff with 80000 oil. Just fill, screw on the diff cap and seal both parts together with ca glue and activator to prevent the oil to run out... You need to clean bearings and gears every few hours of running but to me the handling advantage is too significant.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Would you mind checking to see if your kit number is the same as the one I listed? Tower charges $30 more for this kit than the other M-05 Kits. Must be something besides different tires to justify that.
They come with friction shocks. The 30 dollar difference is because of the body and all the plastic motor parts. I have one and you can only run 55's with that body btw.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

Yep, part number is the same 58465. They have to charge extra for the re-tooling they had to do to get the fiat body to fit the M05 ... well, it wasn't so much re-tooling as just telling you in the instructions to cut part of the body shell away to clear the rear shocks
Old 09-10-2010, 03:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

How cool will it be to fit the Abarth body to the M06 and acutally have a motor under the engine cover?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys. You saved my some money. I'll email Tower about the misinformation.

I'm excited about the M-06 as well. Looking at the HPI Porsche body for their cup racer. There are so many cool bodies out there that really belong on a rwd chassis.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Has any one ran the HPI cup wheels and tyres on a tamiya mini??

Are they any good?

I have a set of sweep 32 on order to try but wanted to see what these are like.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

rc-mini just received our shipment of the new TOP Sabre FWD Touring Cars, and the side of the box is very revealing...

Check out what's coming.

For us Mini freaks - Sabre Mini FWD/RWD/4WD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.