Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Foam Tires on Asphalt Setup? TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AdrianM
There are a few issues that have been gone over and over ad nauseum and have been almost unanimously agreed upon that I put up short responses that you may interpret as being a blowhard.
......if the issue makes you nauseas why would you reply to it?.............if you don't want to help a guy don't shut him down.....let someone else help him................Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
......if the issue makes you nauseas why would you reply to it?.............if you don't want to help a guy don't shut him down.....let someone else help him................Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Maybe its the liberal streak in me. I still want to save the world from itself...lol!

Its kind of like a guy saying "Hello, I want to poke myself in the eye to see what it feels like".

My gut reactions is to say, "Don't do it man...I know it will hurt", so I post that.

Of course some one else posts, "How do you know it will hurt?" or "Don't shut him down Adrian. Be helpful and give him some eye poking tips".

Of course I am exageratting a little but all in all I just would like to save people from wasting time doing pointless stuff.

Lets say the guy that started this thread works out the worlds greatest foam tire electric sedan setup and become the fastest guy at his local track?

What if he wants to race an Aussie National? All this time he ran foam tires was a waste because Aussie Sedan Nats are all rubber tire.

What if he inspires hundreds around the world to run foam tires? At first its fun and everyone runs big tires. Racing is cheap and the cars are fast.

Until...

The fast guys figure out that if you true the tires down untill they only last one run the cars are even faster (they really are). Then you need new tires every run. Then racing is expensive and NOT fun at all.

Why do I say this may happen? Because it has happened already. To 1/10th pan carsin the mid 90's and is happening Right Now to Foam tire Carpet Electric sedans.

I am not a know it all blohard but I have been doing this hobby non stop for 22 years and I have seen a lot happen. I just want to help the people that want to listen from poking themselves in the eye.

If you don't want to listen by all means poke away.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I love ya Adrian Keep doin' your thang brah
Old 01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Holy hell......all the guy asked for was some setup help and we get a page of grief.......