Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

aghhh!!!!! first off i got the lab today. beautiful craftsmanship. but the batteries hit the rear belt. it's too tight to tension it away enough, and the front is even tighter. the drag is outrageous. at least by my standards. of course i just gave up a kxone, but still. when i move the belts back and forth i hear a humming noise from the teeth. not what i expected. i would also like to use a corally style single centered steering post. any thoughts on that. i don't like really short links. too much toe change with suspension travel. what are your thoughts? how efficient is your transmission when compared to other tourers you've had? these questions are for all of you who would/can contribute. i'm affraid to put a scratch this thing just in case the drive won't loosen up. unacceptable! any tips?
Old 06-04-2002, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

seaball- Glad to hear you got a 7even.

As for the belt, have you tried switching the front and rear? Sometimes there might be a bit of a diff. enough to bind.
You might also want to set the chassis on a flat surface first then try installing the top plate. If you have to push apart the motor mounts and the bulkheads then you are bowing the chassis and will cause the belt to be too tight. If this is the case, shave some off the front and rears of the top plates so that it just drops into place without tweeking the chassis. The belt will still be tight but you should be able to use a tentioner to clear your batts. Run a couple of packs and the belts will loosen.

Check to make sure that your diffs. are set in the bulkheads and spin free with the top plate and shock tower on.(Leave the pulley off till last so you can check with the belt off to the side.

Also make sure that the pulleys are not binding in between the bearings. There should be a little play in there to keep it free.

All the 7even cars I've seen have a drivetrain that's more efficient than most cars out there. Yours should be too.

I would leave the steering system stock before you start modifying the car. Get a feel for the car once you get it set right. This way you can tell if your modification has improved the car or not. I have not had any cause or wish to alter the steering system on this car. I think you will be too.

Anyone else have anything to add, feel free.

Let us know how it works out.
Old 06-04-2002, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

hey thanks. you're right about the steering. sometimes i get all critical before i even drive them. i'll mess with the belts tonight. later.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Too quiet lately. What's going on with everyone?

seaball- Give us an update on your ride. Were the problems fixed? Have you ran the car? How is it?

chrisman- How was racing last weekend? Did you run both classes? Give up some details.

Are you going across the border this Sun? Let me know, I might be able to join in.

RCSPEEDO- Where are you? How's your cars? Are you gonna come with us if we go to Renton?

RSX Type 7even- Haven't heard from you in a while, how about an update? Did we manage to give you more power or just blow up you motor? LOL.

Later all...
Old 06-11-2002, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

Been too busy racing!!!

I think everybody is quiet cos there isn't much to say about the car cos it's sooooo goooood!!!!
Old 06-11-2002, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

hey fellas,
the cars is still only half assembled. it's so pretty. i can't decide if i want to chance it with the drivetrain and tear into the bottom of the chassis. not to mention i've got my sst99 pro running really well right now. i'm waiting for another cyclone and receiver so that i won't have to go back and forth. soon, i will post an update.
Old 06-11-2002, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey to all,

Been busy with a few things here and there.Just got a lousy sinus allegy thingy going too....those damn pollens..Missed out the throphy race last weekend.There werre no competetion for Osh.....he obviously won the mod class.Hopefully be better to get things going.Had left all my stuffs untouched for weeks now.
Will be back very soon.

Chrisman
Old 06-16-2002, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Missed you guys at the trophy race. Thats ok, we have a couple coming up soon. You guys better come out for them. Tri-city race coming up this weekend. and then to Golden Spikes Can-Am race. Lots to do. talk to ya later

Dave
Old 06-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Hello...hello ..

Where has everyone went...Quick update,Been very busy and just finished racing at one of our Tricity Challenge.Ran in stock with JZONE and RCSPEEDO....Sorry dudes...I woop ur ass in stock.It was sure a lot of fun.

Hey Osh,

I would have did the same in Mod...whoop ur ass.................Hee!!hee!!...but time was not on my side.Triple A main in stock was fun.I know mod be even better.Oh well....next race coming up.CAN/AM race this long weekend.I 'll get my mod ready or even stock..plus my gas car too.........time to do some whooping.......

Chrisman>
Old 06-30-2002, 09:56 AM
Joe
Tech Regular

Hello all,

I've been thinking about selling my Xray to get an RCLab. It's to fragile for me and it would cost less to buy a new car than to fix my Xray. (I know, ouch!) I've read through this thread and it seems that all of you are very happy with your cars. Are there any spares that break alot that I should get? Or any hop ups from the start? Oh, one last question, where is the cheapest place to order it? I see speedtech rc has them but it's the only place I've seen them.

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Generally these cars a tough! I guess you should only carry the usual bits if you race.... I simply carry suspension arms and body posts (the new posts are far more elastic so no more brakage there) and hub carriers and hubs, but since I upgraded to ally hubs and carriers, I have only broke a turn buckle. a front and rear suspension arm and a steering block on a track that has been known as car breakers due to no run off area! Get one and I am sure you wont be disappointed....
By the way I havent been driving long so they were all broken in my first 2 months of driving!
Old 07-01-2002, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Joe,

You got P.M.I have been driving these cars from the 5.2ttt version to the current ones.They are pretty tough cars as mention be Sonneteer.You be amaze how they can perform.

Here's an update on the race we raced last weekend Sat & Sun Jun 29 and 30.It's the Can/Am race ( Golden Spikes Challenge)
We got 3 races including myself entered in the MOd and stock classes.

Qualifying was a lot of work.TRack was bumpy and traction was not the best.but we all work togehter and got the cars to handle.
In the stock we got jzone and rcspeedo in the same class and same main A main.They did finished without breaking in the triple A main.RCspeeddo in 4th and jzone in 5th.(correct me if I'm wrong guys).I know Jzone broke once which is the steering turn buckle?......he hit the board too hard.But it was a cheap repairs.
As for me in the mod I qualified 4th in the A main and finished 3rd in the A main.First heat of A,came in 4th and twice 2nd in the 2nd and 3rd heat main.

Thanks Jzone cutiing my com......and thanks to rcspeedo who we use his com cutter.Good work to all and hopefully,next time we get better results in stock.Hey at least we all gt into the A mains...hee!!hee!!...

As for Mytxx......next time got to tune the motor better for the gas runs.........as for me I found out I had lost a frt dog bone and was not able to keep the rear straight......so lucky you ..: oh well next time.The next one be ROger's race or make plans to go Rento for the River thingy race.Big race guys...get your car ready.

Thats all for now.Keep the messages and questionaires coming.....

Chrisman...............
Old 07-01-2002, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default i got a good idea

i was just lookin at my lab and i started thinkin, what if RC Lab mad a gas car, it would be able to go against associated because they have the tc3 and ntc3 why not the Nitro 7even??? ( i think that sounds tight)

have a mid motor like the electric and two equal belts.
i dont know thats what happens when im sick
whatever.... oh yeah ---- Joe i also think you would love the Lab its a great car,

Nate
Old 07-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Hello RSX,

Great idea on the gas version of 7even.I actually thought of this conversion too.Having the motor in the center for equal balance in power transfer but the belts have to be beefer and the diffs have to be stronger as well as the cvd's and bigger hub bearings for pivot suspension frt and rear and a whole new chassis.Thats a lot of work............ Maybe someday.... it's a good attempt thoug.. as for now I stick to the electric part itself....

If they ever have a proto type.......this is where I'll post first.

Chrisman.
Old 07-06-2002, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys,

There's a write up on RCLAB 7even on Xtreme R/C this month.Cool pics and I like the Jetta. Check it out.

Chrisman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.