Search

Trinity... New home of the IB 4600

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Its all about the PIG
I gotta be more careful with stuff like that, I haven't run worth a crap since...

It would appear that the pig possess mystical and fantastic powers, far beyond the reaches of this mortal world.

I suspect that we'll see more of that pig on the podium real soon.

Happy Holidays to you.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You too buddy... LOL
Old 12-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Pig smig!

LOL

Its all about Intellect IB power baby!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Pig smig!

LOL

Its all about Intellect IB power baby!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Barry what differences have you seen between the Enrichpower and the Intellects. Thinking about picking up a few packs!!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

BB, remember your coat....midwestern weather doesnt agree with you.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Racer Z....I ran some of the new Intellects in Cleveland and they ran very good...They seem to have alittle lower IR then the EP cells yet they bout run about the same on the track....I think either cell would be a good choice...Just make sure to pick up the cells that say Trinity on the box..you are sure to have very competitive cells that way..Jim may be better at this point to answer that one as he has done some testing on both of the newest and greatest cells from both companies!

Jim...I think I may bring 3 jackets and even long johns....burrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 12-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Barry-
Better bring your coat and your "A-Game" as well- with JD back at the helm of your battery and motor programs, we will accept no excuses...but Kinwald will accept your post-race payments if you fail to deliver...
Old 12-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Barry is BK's bitch since the results from the last bet stand until stricken from our memories by a new bet. Cells, both new batches are better than we raced in cleveland. I'm sure there is more in them, I'll have reports on longevity after I try to kill them. So far, if these are like the previous batches, the same rules will apply. Never let them sit dead...meaning near 1 volt per cell. I always re charge them for a couple minutes after racing if they are going to sit for a few days just to be safe. In fact, I test my race stuff as cells and packs down to a 1 volt cutoff. Anything below that isnt useful.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

WOW! Now that wasnt nice Jim!

You're lucky I have an early tee time or I would have to refute that!LOL
Old 12-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Champion

A few questions... Sorry if theyve been asked before, but I've looked through the 10 pages and cant see anything.

1) How much heavier are the 46 compared to the 42?

2) Does the improved performance get hindered by the extra weight? I am doubting 4600 will be good for stock due to the weight and un needed capacity?

3) In very basic terms, how has the cell reliability improved? I think any company who is trying to reassure its buyers a sub standard cell has been improved needs to give some reassuring answers to help sales.

Simply saying none of the batch they cycled exploded is a little too spare on info, for example----has the cell chemistry been improved, build quality or QC been more scrutinsed?

Oh and....

4) Give me a good reason to not go over to lipo (tricky one ) Its not just the cost of nimh its the aftercare that goes with it... Discharge trays and keeping them partially charged, or using a Battery nurse...
Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Very good questions tc3team. Hopefully you will get answers.

With all of the cells that have been tested it is a given that actual data has been collected on self discharge rates and number of dead cells after a predetermind time frame. These are the issues that have driven some of us to buy LiPo's in the meantime.

I'm not pro LiPo or a NIMH hater...but I refuse to spend anymore money on top quality cells that are not stable. As a reputable company you should have DATA to support your claims. Or we can all wait six months to a year and see what shakes out in the real world. Maybe your right...hopefully it's not too late.

We all know what happened with the Chinese toy recalls this past year. The American companies that were involved took all of the blame and publicly stood behind the Chinese manufactures that were clearly to blame, lest they would loose their source of cheap labor. I can only assume this battery situation is similar. Why make a better cell when there are other American companies willing to step in and take the same old stuff.

SHOW US THE DATA...
Old 12-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Stetler17
Very good questions tc3team. Hopefully you will get answers.

I'm not pro LiPo or a NIMH hater...but I refuse to spend anymore money on top quality cells that are not stable. As a reputable company you should have DATA to support your claims. Or we can all wait six months to a year and see what shakes out in the real world. Maybe your right...hopefully it's not too late.

SHOW US THE DATA...
You're on my thinking Im not a hater of good honest answers and a cell that performs in performance as well as its reliability.

I look forward to the answers
Old 12-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

So what kind of numbers are you seeing from the IB4600's??
Old 12-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

TC...weight. 4200 IB and EP 70 grams. Both 4600 71 gram. All on my scale so it may be subject to adjustment on a scale that is more precise....Weight vs. performance, approx 6 grams. worth it or not probably depends on situation....Difference...density of materials, changed collectors, changed vent material. My cells run cooler than my 4200 did, I assume it's the density, but wasnt given a reason for it. Both manufacturers have done the same things. Even in the IR department. We dont see the 1.2 cells anymore, but the 1.4/1.5 cells seem to run as fast in the car as the 4200 did (stock) My best cells ? Surprisingly close for both manufacturers as well. Sounds and looks like the F-1 info sharing scandals. As far as Lipo ? I think it will come around. We sell them, as well as many other companies. When I first tested them years ago, somebody sold something called a battery bunker to charge them in...foil bags of fire is what they were known as. They are much safer now, or maybe we just evolved them into being safe by learning what not to do. Either way, it's possible that more people will legalize them if we keep that development moving....Apex, Not sure I should throw numbers around. Some matchers have different systems and settings. But on my machines, my race stuff is over 25 seconds better than any mfg. 42, at 35 amp discharge.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

Thank you for the quick reply, I am suprised how little weight difference there is

I will hang out and see what these can do before im hooked on buying any as its very early days, but so far... sounds promising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.