Search

TOP OF THE LINE TRUGGY???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KRCRacer22
To what JayL said,
Here's the $5,000 question. When faced with the option to buy any truggy to win 5k which truggy do you choose. The answer is and was the ST-RR.
LOL ya because the ST-RR will cost you $5,000.

Truth is some truggys are WAY over priced and some are priced just right. Some wear fast, but the parts are easy to find and cheep. Some truggy parts are not so easy to find. They all handle different, and if you drive them right any of them can take you to 1st place. Every one is going to come in here and tell you what they drive is the best. It's a joke really; there have been so many of these threads it's pathetic. Go to the track "if that’s what you plan on doing" and see what they carry in stock and have parts for. Maybe someone will let you drive their truggys, but for God sakes pick one on your own don't let these people tell you what they drive is the best.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well im running a losi muggy and yes a muggy i finished 1st place last weekend and 2 weekends ago i finished 2nd so i think it is all in how much you can drive your truck because i know dont know anybody that drives/races a muggy but last weekend i beat a jammin x1x crt a mayhem truggy and 2 losi 8ts so it really just all depends on how good you can drive
Old 06-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default besttttttt!!!!!!

i does not matter what people say is the best you might go thru all the truggies befor eyou find which one you like the best. as far as which are top notch heres my picks.

MBX5T- DURABILITY AND DRIVEABILITY, BUT IS EXPENSIVE FOR PARTS

LOSI- SUPER FAST ALITTLE HARDER TO DRIVE AND NEEDS TO BE SET UP WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL, REASONABLY PRICED PARTS

KYOSHO- SUPER FAST SUPER STRONG, BUT ALSO EXPENSIVE FOR PARTS

IF I WERE YOU ID WAIT TILL THE RC8T COMES OUT AND GET IT. IT WILL DEFINATLY BE FAST, STRONG AND BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOULL EVER FIND, AND SPARE PARTS ARE VERY WELL PRICED
Old 06-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by donbeatya
i does not matter what people say is the best you might go thru all the truggies befor eyou find which one you like the best. as far as which are top notch heres my picks.

MBX5T- DURABILITY AND DRIVEABILITY, BUT IS EXPENSIVE FOR PARTS

LOSI- SUPER FAST ALITTLE HARDER TO DRIVE AND NEEDS TO BE SET UP WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL, REASONABLY PRICED PARTS

KYOSHO- SUPER FAST SUPER STRONG, BUT ALSO EXPENSIVE FOR PARTS

IF I WERE YOU ID WAIT TILL THE RC8T COMES OUT AND GET IT. IT WILL DEFINATLY BE FAST, STRONG AND BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOULL EVER FIND, AND SPARE PARTS ARE VERY WELL PRICED
agree +1
Old 06-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfx
Originally Posted by MBX5TR [View] jamin crt. Pros: good winning history, easy to drive and good value. cons: difficult to work on and a little bit heavy.
What, exactly, makes it "difficult to work on?"
I was gonna ask that too... my Jammin buggy is much easier to work on than my Losi was. (not sure if the truggy is as much easier.) Note that I am NOT putting the Losi down... GREAT car, for a driver with better reactions and more skill than me.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am with K2rcracer on this one. I have owned the Jammin, 3@MBX5t, Losi 8t, and know the Kyosho STRR. By far the most durable of the bunch for me. Parts are easy to find not that you'll be needing them, Support from the team drivers is second to none.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I posted about waiting for the RC8T earlier, and want to chime in again. I run the Matrix TR right now and find it super durable I will agree that it is alittle heavy but there is options to help with that. It has the most steering out of any truggy I ever driven, I like lots of steering and parts wear is very little. I do have to say that parts ARE not the cheapest and I do have to order when I do need some which is rare. I have only broke a front arm since I have had it "and that was my fault".
Old 06-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The ST-RR or MBX5T are the two to chose from. Both perform and have durability. I don't know why people say the Kyosho parts are expensive, since Mugen is not any cheaper. Mugen prices are on par with Kyosho, if not some times more.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 40%
Cheers looneytune

Yes actually the CRT is not for everyone too.The only reason i stick with jammin is the support is extreme here in Singapore.Free plastics arm,wings u dont even have to break it ...whenever we race free parts for all! thus its the smart choice racing.Haven't driven the Losi as the distributor doesnt have a proper lhs and distributes thru several existing shops thus parts are HTF sometimes.I have so far owned a mbx5,xb8,zx1,x1cr,mb1.And i only race jammin due to the parts support.Its not the best of driving style for me but it saves money .

Switching to an xray or mugen will not make my jammin guy happy .Infact i was sacked from my job a year ago at the track for working on a mb1 for a customer which my shop does not sell [ long story here .... ends with WTF! ].

In a dilemma now if they will be new kits for the 08.should i wait?. The X2crt is already available here and and instead of upgrading to it i want a something else.Any news rumors if xray and mugen of the timeline of if any 08 kits will be out or this year?.
I would get the X2..I had the BCE Jammin X and it's basically the X2, as far as handling goes it's not anything like the X1..you would be surprised..If your getting parts handed to you..why change..The Mugen does most things well but it pushes like a dump truck..
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

i personally like the CRT
Old 06-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kyosho STRR is my pick, imo its the best truck hands down. Just look at the results its getting...its also one of the fastest truggys over here with alot making the right switch , definitely an awesome kit.

My second choice would have to be the x2 very nice truck
Old 06-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with pretty much everything posted lately...all of the trucks are really good..they just are a bit different in how they go about getting their business done..the Losi is quick, agile, jumps like a cat, but parts wear out fast, and to me, it is finicky on setup...the mugen is proven and durable...they do everything well (except steering..I have yet to see one steer as well as some others)...one not mentioned so far is the xray..it is a very good truck..the parts quality is second to none (including Kyosho), parts fit and finish are tops, it lasts forever, and it is fast....(the shocks leave a lot to be desired though)....the strr is just fast...not sure if it is the geometry, the extended wheelbase, the shocks, the gearing, or what (I am sure a combo of all the above), but the thing just moves....if you can drive a loose and fast truck, this is the one for you imo....I am a little disappointed in the "kyosho quality" though...don't get me wrong, it is good, but not near as good as the xray (I am quite a bit faster with the strr though!) Bottom line is all the current trucks are good....just get whatever appeals to you and you can get parts support for
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Very well put..gtsum..I have and race an ST-RR..at my local track it's just plain fast..but the local track i race at has the best dirt i have ever driven on..in the evening pretty much any tire hooks up..and on this stuff my ST-RR is like driving a TC..No push..Just hooked up..but I have driven on tracks that were a chore to get the ST-RR around..but it was very slick and slick tracks are not really the strong point on the Kyosho..and try not to hit anything..
Old 06-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

mugen for sure