Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 06:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I only broke once. I broke a 4 degree caster block and a steering block. I would have broke any car at the track I was at becasue of the way they have their pipe setup. My problem is though with other cars I would be able to get parts and I would of had spares. I had all the parts I broke on order for 2 weeks before I actually broke my car. So HPI is not getting their stuff out to distributors like Horizon too well.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Ray-Holy Cow!! Your just a one man testing team!! I think you're in line with what I was running at the nats and before. I'll have to look at my car. Havn't touched my car since I was down there. Just waiting for the outdoor tracks to open up in a few weeks.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default HPI Aluminum Servo Mount

Part:

75167 Aluminum Servo Mount 10mm (Purple/1Pair) arrived at some hobby shops who had them backordered with Horrizon. So if you're looking for some aluminum servo mounts that match the purple of your pro4 you might want to check your local hobby shop tommorow.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joneser
I just bought the last 3 sets of arms from one shop......first 100.00 gets them shipped

It amazes me how companies continue to let this happen.
I have 2 sets... for 49.95 fed-ex overnight... j/k
only place to get them is overseas...
Old 04-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Downforce
Ray-Holy Cow!! Your just a one man testing team!! I think you're in line with what I was running at the nats and before. I'll have to look at my car. Havn't touched my car since I was down there. Just waiting for the outdoor tracks to open up in a few weeks.
I havent done that many changes in a day to a car since I owned that evoIII!!! It was fun to try and sort through some changes on a car very few have posted set-ups for.

Ray
Old 04-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

I got an email from Speedworld today and they said BO two weeks on the arms. Maybe I need to buy a second car?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

just buy another pro4 kit haha
Old 04-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Default Buy another kit?? HHmmm......

ACtually-I am about ready to buy another kit just to snag some parts. I havent calculated it all enough to know how much you save vs. buying everything one-by one, but for sure you get another diff, four arms, all the hingepins and small parts that are so hard to find sometimes, like odd size e-clips and a bunch of bearings too.....

Problem is-what will I do with two stock chassis, two upperdecks, two-one-ways, etc.....four shock towers......
Old 04-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

experiment!
Old 04-20-2004, 09:41 PM
RCTech Member #2

Default Re: Buy another kit?? HHmmm......

Originally posted by rayhuang
ACtually-I am about ready to buy another kit just to snag some parts. I havent calculated it all enough to know how much you save vs. buying everything one-by one, but for sure you get another diff, four arms, all the hingepins and small parts that are so hard to find sometimes, like odd size e-clips and a bunch of bearings too.....

Problem is-what will I do with two stock chassis, two upperdecks, two-one-ways, etc.....four shock towers......
Ray - build 'em both.

Thats what I ended up doing once i got my parts.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Buy another kit?? HHmmm......

Originally posted by rayhuang

I'll take one of the one-ways... maybe a chassis & shocktowers..
Old 04-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Ultimate Hobbies

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I have 2 sets... for 49.95 fed-ex overnight... j/k
only place to get them is overseas...
...has like 5-6 packages of arms...I was there today.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Eric, the purple item in there was never used. I got mine straightened out, so that's actually the one you sent me. The casing you have was on the rear. The front has done the same thing on the other side. Weird.

Finally got gears!! Whoohoo, now I just need to paint up a body and I might actually be able to race the car next week. Ben, I need one of those backplates. If a hack like troy can keep his drivetraine together, it should be just fine for the rest of us "non-hammers" out there.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Buy another kit?? HHmmm......

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I'll take one of the one-ways... maybe a chassis & shocktowers..
I am checking around to see if a few buddies want to plit the kit.

For sure you have first dibbs on any part you want.

I actaully have a used chassis, top deck, rear shock tower and one-way-all one race on them on carpet.

Ray
Old 04-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Tweak

Originally posted by X2
Hi guys, ive been following this thread and most of you have said your car has tweaked out fine. Im having a few probs with tweak on my Pro4 tho, if I take the body posts off and rest the car upside down on a flat surface, 3 of my shock towers will touch the glass, the other one wont
I have tried undoing the topdeck and screwing it back up again on my glass, and I have treid to fiddle around with the diffcase screws on the bottom of the chassis but I still cant get anywhere with it. The main chassis and updeck on their own seem perfectly flat its when its all screwed up tight that I have the problem.
It is very noticable too, when I accelerate the car pulls to the left, when i lift of the throttle it pulls to the right.
Could it perhaps be the diffcases or even mis aligned holes in the chassis?
I am no expert at this and any advice as to un-tweaking would be a great help.
Thanks.
hey X2, did you ever solve this problem? If so, I'm curious if you narrowed down exactly what was causing your tweak? After reading your post I tried mine last night and discovered I had the same problem!!

I've tried all known methodsto correct this like you have indicated, but I still have the problem. I have a set of counterwashers standing by!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.