Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I wonder if exotek is going to make lower towers to go with the TCXX low pro shocks?
I doubt it but, they are developing a floating servo mount that's stated on their site.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I wonder if it will be a more robust version of the "stepped" floating mount like on the Tamiya Evo 6, which clears the driveshaft. I hate cutting the ears off my servos if I want to use them in a different car later, haha.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi All! We are bagging the sets now for shipping Wednesday thanks.

Originally Posted by Dan
Pre-ordered too. Curious why the motor was switched to the other side? The reason for this?
Motor on the new side helps counter act torque steer. Not as noticeable with brushless motors but what happens is when you get on throttle the gyroscopic affect of the motor pushes the chassis into the ground (and the tires) for better on power stability. Much like what we found on the old Alex Barracuda and what you see on the Awesomatix.

Originally Posted by goots
I doubt it but, they are developing a floating servo mount that's stated on their site.
Yes, the servo mount in the works will work just like the EVO6 to clear the center shaft.
The only other items for the Pro4x2 I'm working on are the alloy ball dif outdrives, alloy/steel spool and battery posts that do not use tape.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi All! We are bagging the sets now for shipping Wednesday thanks.

Motor on the new side helps counter act torque steer. Not as noticeable with brushless motors but what happens is when you get on throttle the gyroscopic affect of the motor pushes the chassis into the ground (and the tires) for better on power stability. Much like what we found on the old Alex Barracuda and what you see on the Awesomatix.

Yes, the servo mount in the works will work just like the EVO6 to clear the center shaft.
The only other items for the Pro4x2 I'm working on are the alloy ball dif outdrives, alloy/steel spool and battery posts that do not use tape.
Nice info Mike!
As for the servo do we also have to cut ears to use the floating servo mount?
Also can I purchase an extra v2 lower deck as a spare? Thanks for all your hard work
Old 01-06-2015, 01:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Mike, would you also consider looking into Pro 4 gear diff too?
Old 01-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by donatelli
Hi Mike, would you also consider looking into Pro 4 gear diff too?
HPI helped look into it (using the D413 diff) but just not feasible with the current gear boxes.

You know what though- if you run 17.5 or lower the ball diff is faster because it is much lighter. 13.5 could use a gear diff. Ball diff does get overpowered by a 13.5.

Nice info Mike!
As for the servo do we also have to cut ears to use the floating servo mount?
Also can I purchase an extra v2 lower deck as a spare? Thanks for all your hard work
The servo mount will not need cut ears I will maybe have spare bottom plates in a few weeks.

We are shipping tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeR

The servo mount will not need cut ears I will maybe have spare bottom plates in a few weeks.

We are shipping tomorrow!
So if I use the V2 conversion with cut ears on the servo case, will I be able to use the floating servo mount as a direct swap?
Why not add the floating mount to the conversion kit?
Old 01-07-2015, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Whos front tower is that on that car. I have the opportunity to lick up a pro 4 cheap and am still fence sitting it.

Would you consider makinng the carbon fiber camber mounts?

My concerns are spare parts. Particulaly the camber mounts, bulkheads, and drive shaft. The other parts ar pretty durable or easy to find via the hot bodies tc line.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Would be nice with the camber plates yeah, still running the stock ones on mine. Also a spool that can be run with blades would be great.
Looking forward to the floating servo mount!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Whos front tower is that on that car. I have the opportunity to lick up a pro 4 cheap and am still fence sitting it.

Would you consider makinng the carbon fiber camber mounts?

My concerns are spare parts. Particulaly the camber mounts, bulkheads, and drive shaft. The other parts ar pretty durable or easy to find via the hot bodies tc line.
The tower is something I made for myself in order to fit the Mazda Furai body.

No plans to make any other parts than what I listed sorry. The Pro4 is just a side project for myself to have a nice lightweight shaft drive car to run that is somewhat up to date. It is my go to sedan for spec racing and am loving it.

A lot of the new Pro4 parts are the byproduct of developments for the Tamiya shaft drive cars which I am working on as well.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Can we expect a TB Evo 6 to inline motor setup conversion soon?

Last thing I need is another car having just picked up an Awesomatix too for 17.5. (Pro 4 will be for USGT)
Old 01-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

So if I use the V2 conversion with cut ears on the servo case, will I be able to use the floating servo mount as a direct swap?
Why not add the floating mount to the conversion kit?
Picture the EVO6 servo mount because this will be a direct fit on the EVO6 as well
Servo mount is not ready and won't be for a month or two. When it is ready I will still prefer to mount the servo direct to chassis, my personal preference for all my cars because the servo seems more solid and I can feel it in the steering. But everyone wants floating servo mounts so what can I say!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dan
Can we expect a TB Evo 6 to inline motor setup conversion soon?

Last thing I need is another car having just picked up an Awesomatix too for 17.5. (Pro 4 will be for USGT)
Working on it but slow progress... maybe 3 months!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Nice upgrade. Wish I had a Pro4 so I could buy this Exotek version.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Nice upgrade. Wish I had a Pro4 so I could buy this Exotek version.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.