Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about an Associated RC10-T44?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Steel outdrives are now IN STOCK if you want to build one of these. Feel free to give me a buzz if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails How about an Associated RC10-T44?-truggy_10.gif  
Old 07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the suggestion, but converting a buggy is still using short "a" arms with the track width narrower than a stadium truck and I would really love to use those AE Quick Change wheels too.

I was really looking at the Hot Bodies 4wd 1/10th gas truggy that has heavy duty parts converted to electric. I have driven the gas one and it was a blast to drive just like the 1/8th scale version is to drive.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Craps: The above is not a buggy with big tires and rims on it. It is extended by 2 inches, and also has truck front and rear suspension all round. This is NOT a buggy.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave G
Craps: The above is not a buggy with big tires and rims on it. It is extended by 2 inches, and also has truck front and rear suspension all round. This is NOT a buggy.
Thanks for the correction! I did not know! I will check it out!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you build one Tim, I'll build one. Then we can go out there and show off.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scoob
If you build one Tim, I'll build one. Then we can go out there and show off.
I just called for Dave at MRC. Waiting for a call back! I think I want one, but with some changes like a solid floor pan and no battery slots that are not needed for li-pos. I also wonder if the AE QC hubs could be mounted on it too. I want to use AE QC wheels all the way around to make all the 1/8th scale guys drool.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

If a durable electric 4wd 1/10th scale truggy can be made at a decent price, I know alot of 1/8th scale gas RCs will be up for sale real quick to get one of these with a li-po/brushless system.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Craps
If a durable electric 4wd 1/10th scale truggy can be made at a decent price, I know alot of 1/8th scale gas RCs will be up for sale real quick to get one of these with a li-po/brushless system.
Sorry, i'm going to have to disagree with that one.

It all boils down to one thing and one thing only that would decide if a 1/10 scale 4wd truck was to be brought out.

MONEY

It would take a LOT of money to make a 4wd electric truck, 4wd cars by nature are the most expensive to manufacturer simply because of the kind of drivetrain that they use, and to on top of that make something that would as durable as you speak of. Anything 1/10 4wd electric breaks more than any class in r/c, and a 4wd truck that would be durable enough to run a 20 minute main would have to be made like so much of a tank that it would handle like....a....TANK.

Besides even that, and more importantly, who's going to buy it!!! 10-15 guys that run at your track probably would but outside of that how many? Not enough to justify making the car thats for sure.

And with your statement of a lot of guys would sell their 1/8 buggy to get a 4wd electric truck with a lipo/brushless setup, i bet if you were to go around at the 1/8 nationals(where there were i think around 250-300 1/8 buggies there by far the biggest class in all of r/c right now) and poll every guy there if they would want to sell their 1/8 setup and get that electric setup you would get laughed out of the place like you wouldnt believe. I would say 7/10 nitro guys dont like electric in the first place, and with 1/8 being the most prestigious class in nitro, that would NEVER happen.

So i would suggest you look into the conversion kits and whatnot if you want that class to happen, because i dont see a manufacturer making one.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Craps, Why not just convert a 1/8th 4wd racing truck to lipo brushless? your running on a 1/8th scale track anyway, that would work better than a 1/10th 4wd racing truck.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I gotta disagree with this.

Originally Posted by snickers
and a 4wd truck that would be durable enough to run a 20 minute main would have to be made like so much of a tank that it would handle like....a....TANK.
A beefed up truck (like a CRT.5, but 1/10th, not 1/12th) would be perfect. I've been thinking of converting a .5 for myself just for this reason. There's a few guys working on an extended chassis for them too.

with the power available now with brushless and lipo, there's no need to keep things light for the electrics.

What powers the vehicle, any vehicle, is pretty irrelevant now. The 1/8th scale electric conversions can and do compete with nitro. It's just up to personal preferance, and whether or not your local racing will allow you to run against nitro.

And the 10th scale trucks would be great on indoor offroad tracks in the winter.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrubb
Craps, Why not just convert a 1/8th 4wd racing truck to lipo brushless? your running on a 1/8th scale track anyway, that would work better than a 1/10th 4wd racing truck.
+1 Maybe not this season, but next season all you guys should race 1/8 electric and get it off the ground in your area. From what I've read on the internets, electric conversion kits are being noticed by the nitro guys in both a good and bad way. I'm gonna bust out an electric RC8 next summer.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

problem with the crt .5 is that you are still using buggy sized rims and tires. If the track now is too blown out for 4wd buggys, the .5 won't do that much better.

to make the above SB V2T conversion other than the parts, you would probably need to machine a chassis and a center drive link. Thats really not much in the grand scheme of things, just cut some graphite and get a driveshaft made. Dave may even know someone who could do that quite easily too.

As for the cost issue of 4wd vehicles, 4wd 1/8 scale truggies aren't exactly cheap to get. You probably could do a 4wd electric stadium truck for about the price of a 4wd electric buggy.

MRC is in a great position to do one as they have the parts already there, molds already done. Really not much needed to make a truggy from them at all.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
problem with the crt .5 is that you are still using buggy sized rims and tires. If the track now is too blown out for 4wd buggys, the .5 won't do that much better.
Agreed. With truck wheels (T4) front and rear though. I was throwing out the .5 conversions because they are already out there, and the closest there is currently to a beefy (tank) 4wd electric truck.

longer chassis, wider wheelbase, and truck wheels/tires (T4).

you could always change your gearing and run some truck tires on that MRC. (or are those truck tires on there already?)

Last edited by cfwdude; 07-23-2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: ima dumass
Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave G
Steel outdrives are now IN STOCK if you want to build one of these. Feel free to give me a buzz if you have any questions.
That looks really nice. please pm me with a price.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snickers
Sorry, i'm going to have to disagree with that one.

It all boils down to one thing and one thing only that would decide if a 1/10 scale 4wd truck was to be brought out.

MONEY

It would take a LOT of money to make a 4wd electric truck, 4wd cars by nature are the most expensive to manufacturer simply because of the kind of drivetrain that they use, and to on top of that make something that would as durable as you speak of. Anything 1/10 4wd electric breaks more than any class in r/c, and a 4wd truck that would be durable enough to run a 20 minute main would have to be made like so much of a tank that it would handle like....a....TANK.

Besides even that, and more importantly, who's going to buy it!!! 10-15 guys that run at your track probably would but outside of that how many? Not enough to justify making the car thats for sure.

And with your statement of a lot of guys would sell their 1/8 buggy to get a 4wd electric truck with a lipo/brushless setup, i bet if you were to go around at the 1/8 nationals(where there were i think around 250-300 1/8 buggies there by far the biggest class in all of r/c right now) and poll every guy there if they would want to sell their 1/8 setup and get that electric setup you would get laughed out of the place like you wouldnt believe. I would say 7/10 nitro guys dont like electric in the first place, and with 1/8 being the most prestigious class in nitro, that would NEVER happen.

So i would suggest you look into the conversion kits and whatnot if you want that class to happen, because i dont see a manufacturer making one.
It would be a great idea, it would be like a smaller truggy, can handle rutted tracks, can handle the jumps, fast, handles well, long run-times, no maintenance, brushless. What more can you look for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.