Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEN CT4R

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hi Josh, I was asking the same thing on this forum about 6 months ago and was set on getting the cen ct5 rtr and after alot of thought and asking questions etc etc I bought the team magic g4s rtr and am very happy with this quality product. I am slowly getting upgrades for this car to make it more competitive, but right out of the box it was still fast. The availablity of parts upgrades i found that they are all easily available in the USA or HK with quality k factory parts and upgrades. hope this helps
Michael
Old 07-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hi Josh, I was asking the same thing on this forum about 6 months ago and was set on getting the cen ct5 rtr and after alot of thought and asking questions etc etc I bought the team magic g4s rtr and am very happy with this quality product. I am slowly getting upgrades for this car to make it more competitive, but right out of the box it was still fast. The availablity of parts upgrades i found that they are all easily available in the USA or HK with quality k factory parts and upgrades. hope this helps
Michael

heheheh dude.. the guy is asking for help.. not a death blow on his rtr

anyways... you just cant compare a serpent, kyosho.. etc.. to CEN..

ohh.. i just finish building my CT4R. will post picture asap.. and throw some comments..
Old 07-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrwilson
heheheh dude.. the guy is asking for help.. not a death blow on his rtr

anyways... you just cant compare a serpent, kyosho.. etc.. to CEN..

ohh.. i just finish building my CT4R. will post picture asap.. and throw some comments..
Is the CEN superior to these cars? Has it won or placed high in any major national or international race? Just curious
Old 07-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I just won the Mugen cup last week with it!!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh Pease
Mugen Cup... Ok, name 3 or 4 factory Team drivers that you beat... What factory Teams were represented in this race??? ie... Kyosho, Serpent, Mugen, TM, Huddy, ect... Where was this race held?? Post the A-main top 10 finisher's... Oh, and racing in the novice class don't count. Not trying to blast your post... but your post is a bit of a reach... Although I'm happy you won whatever race you had that cen car in... jk...

RC_Alan
Old 07-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rc-Alan I am a newbie but I am reading your post and I am trying to understand what the problem is with the Car/Driver, because I read on the NT1 page drivers stating when the car launched the car was not good because there were only Team Drivers driving the car and being victorious, and not regular racer. But on this thread there is bashing because a non-factory big name driver is being victorious.

Can you explain

Thanks
Old 07-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jelayne
Rc-Alan I am a newbie but I am reading your post and I am trying to understand what the problem is with the Car/Driver, because I read on the NT1 page drivers stating when the car launched the car was not good because there were only Team Drivers driving the car and being victorious, and not regular racer. But on this thread there is bashing because a non-factory big name driver is being victorious.

Can you explain

Thanks
No one is being victorious with the Cen CT4R... No one is driving the car at any of the major races and there is hardly any factory support at the local hobby shops... I for one haven't seen that car used or raced in the past 3 years... No one at the ROARS NATS nor at the Worlds used that car... No one that is serious about racing is using that car period... I've seen a couple drag racing and being bashed that's it... As for the NT1... The NT1 is a nice car and is somewhat new to the market. It has alot of top world class drivers supporting and racing the car... Local hobby shop support for the car though is not very good at the moment, but as more people ie. local track drivers pick up the car and if the price comes down, then maybe/hopefully the lhs shops will carry more parts and support it more aswell... Now back to the CT4R... To anyone that has the car and enjoys it... Great... Not trying to flame or bash the car or anyone that enjoys racing it... Drive what you like and enjoy what you drive. Just stating the facts...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 07-21-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

I second rc_alan. I have never seen/heard of this car making the A-Main at any serious race event. And I did some significant research on the different race-bred cars before I decided to get mine (Mugen MTX-4R).

Not at the Worlds, Nationals, Great Lakes Challenge, Capital Classic, Winter Nationals, etc. etc. The CEN car is no where to be found. Not bashing the car, it is what it is. Great for drag racing and bashing, just like the Traxxas 4Tec. But it's not a competition level race car. Period
Old 07-22-2007, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
Is the CEN superior to these cars? Has it won or placed high in any major national or international race? Just curious
hahahahaha. no absolutely not..

im saying.. Serpent and Kyosho is on a different level (A).

Cen (CT4R) is kinda like on a C or D class (as you have said.. not won any major international race...)

dont get me wrong.. I would not trade my 720 for a CT4R.

BUT, i also love RC and i love collecting them ahmm.. Cen is more on the off-road arena

and im into collecting 1/10 scale on-road...

Old 07-22-2007, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default CT4R

After this kit sleeping on some country for 5 months and some odd days (I forgot to bring it home)….

Anyways.. my friend finally shipped it…

While building the kit.. its kinda funny… its old.. but its new.. (like the LXG movie..)

1) Building it.... is simple, straight forward and every bag is numbered. (simplified.. 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.)

2) CVD Drive shafts, front and rear

3) Carbon graphite chassis brace, shock tower (front and rear) and upper deck.

4) Shocks are easy to assemble (not messy).

5) Clutch.. it uses centriforce? You guys familiar with that? (looks ok.. anyways..)

All in all.. nothing spectacular from this kit (CT4R).

NOT an expert.. BUT, CEN needs to catch-up on the on-road arena.. if they want to compete with the big boys.

They can start with: LHS presence (for parts!), redesign the chassis plate, redesign the location of electronics (the servo location is great!) BUT they need to take a look at battery and receiver location (tie-wrap is not the way to go).

now....

ill look for an old school body.. to have an old school street dragster theme.. camaro.. or cuda... and drop a .15 or .18 engine on it..
Attached Thumbnails CEN CT4R-top.jpg   CEN CT4R-btm.jpg   CEN CT4R-rear.jpg   CEN CT4R-front.jpg  
Old 07-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Pease
I believe Mike Swauger won that race with a Mugen?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Jason Buddy whats up. Mike did win the factory class!! I however won the sportsman class THAT I DIDNT ASK TO BE IN but since i have never ran onroad thats were they put me!! Yes I won by a big margin yes it was unfair for the true sportsman guys. However I would have been in the top 5 or so in the factory A main!!! As for the car being good or not. Yes its geard for bashing!!! The reason noone races it is because we have no onroad racers!! It's a venture cen isnt ready to do!! The car does need some improvements that I did to make it competitive!! The car is great for a newb they would learn alot from it at a low price!!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

mrwillson your car turned out good hope you have fun with it!! if you need any set up help let me know!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default CT4R

i hope that..... there would be more users of CT4R...

even if its a bashing machine...

it would be interesting.. on how mny people bought the ct4r

Old 07-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrwilson
i hope that..... there would be more users of CT4R...

even if its a bashing machine...

it would be interesting.. on how mny people bought the ct4r

What few people that bought the CT4R 3 plus years ago have already sold them due to lack of support from CEN and the very fact that car was no match on the track when compared with the top 5 cars racing in that day... ie the MTX3, 705, R40, G4, and the Kyosho RR... and just a side note... Most bashers don't post on RCTECH... Good luck if you do find basher's using the CT4R on here. If you race the car or whatever you plan on doing with it, be careful not to break anything... VERY and I do mean VERY few hobby shops carry parts for that car anymore. Your best bet would be to build the car and then sell it to someone that does not know any better and cut your losses... .02

RC_Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.