Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Dexter
V-One S Racer are u really gonna run an OS at Lilydale?! That is surley a JP & Rody track! I know it frustrated the Hell out of JC when he ran his OS there.
Yes I will be running the OS for now. It's my first Pro Tourer, I wanted and engine that'd be easy to tune and not have TOO MUCH power. I'll be using it 'til I need more power, then I'll look at something more exotic.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dexter
V-One S Racer are u really gonna run an OS at Lilydale?! That is surley a JP & Rody track!
Chris,

I've been running the bog STD STS at Lilydale for a while now, (i'm guessing similar price and performance to the OS) and while it is a little slower than the JP's etc I still managed to do quite well (top 3 places). Definately not half as slow, but half the price. ($295 AUD RRP)

I know Jordan noted the difference in the OS at Lilydale but it didnt seem to stop him taking out a few TQ's and wins with it.

I was perhaps one of a several that advised Ryan to go with a slightly slower, reliable and cheaper alternative, I just couldnt sell him on the STS

Catch ya at VORTEC this weekend, I'll be running the STS/STS combo in Single Speed.

DC
Old 08-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by JordanC
who is VoneSRacer?
Who is JordanC?

Have'nt seen him at the track much lately

DC
Old 08-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Another benefit of the EVO that I found is that the "tuning window" is much wider. You can be further off the optimal settings and the car will forgive this and still drive nicely.

I used both 35/35 and 40/37 and could only feel a small difference in the handling of the car. It handled fast with both combos!
Old 08-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Another benefit of the EVO that I found is that the "tuning window" is much wider. You can be further off the optimal settings and the car will forgive this and still drive nicely.
Phew...
Old 08-25-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

AMGRacer I'm glad you can get the Evo to hook up, cause at the moment I feel the car is shit. I can't get it to hook up as well as the RR and to me it's a step backwards. So I feel it's time for a break for about a month, while I can get some motivation back. Any type of set up would be really appreicated.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by finchy
AMGRacer I'm glad you can get the Evo to hook up, cause at the moment I feel the car is shit. I can't get it to hook up as well as the RR and to me it's a step backwards. So I feel it's time for a break for about a month, while I can get some motivation back. Any type of set up would be really appreicated.
I have not been to Brendale yet only Meakin. But there the stock setup rocked

What is your car doing which needs to be addressed?
Old 08-25-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

it just won't handle. To loose out of corners, it's just too unstable on the small straight just after the sweeper. Even on 37 tires all round it just not feel as good as the RR. What is the stock setup as the conversion kit setup has not worked for me yet. I think the car needs to transfer more weight to the rear tires, tried more front droop and that didn't work, have tried a lot of tricks but to no happiness. Don't get me wrong I think the car will be excellent I just think I need time to sort it out and at the moment my patients is very thin due to some outside problems.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

it just won't handle. To loose out of corners, it's just too unstable on the small straight just after the sweeper. Even on 37 tires all round it just not feel as good as the RR. What is the stock setup as the conversion kit setup has not worked for me yet. I think the car needs to transfer more weight to the rear tires, tried more front droop and that didn't work, have tried a lot of tricks but to no happiness. Don't get me wrong I think the car will be excellent I just think I need time to sort it out and at the moment my patients is very thin due to some outside problems.
Hey man I hear ya First thing to realise is that the conversion setup is not going to work on a track like Brendale. Brendale is a fast and large relatively high grip track.

I think the best place to start however is going to the conversion kit settings, but use stiffer springs and even tires.

Stock setup I think :

Front
Black springs
500 wt kyosho shock oil
0 droop
No bump
11mm shock shafts
Swaybar flat
One way
2 degree camber
1mm toe out
8 degree caster

Rear
Black springs
500 wt kyosho oil
4 droop
no bump
13mm shock shafts
black swaybar
5000 wt diff oil
3 degree camber
2.5 degree toe in
Camber arm lower inner/upper outer

I would personally modify that with Red springs front and rear with 30000 wt rear diff oil and mayby 40 - 40 shore tires. Just guessing.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks AMGRacer. I tried red springs all round on Saturday arvo with 42 all corners. I was at the track for 1/2 hr as apposed to my normal 4-6 hrs. I think the reds are too hard with 42. But I'll try to do some more testing in 2 weekends time. We got the 1/5 scale titles on this weekend. So the track will be destroyed ( joking ). Running 0 droop in the front is a bit odd as this doesn't transfer any weight to the rear tires, therefore not really helping with the looseness of the car. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Arrow EVO Conversion

Can anyone tell me if their EVO conversion kit came with a front diff case and cover (if I opt to put in a front diff assembly instead of the one-way).

Thanks in advance,
StepPins
Old 08-25-2003, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks AMGRacer. I tried red springs all round on Saturday arvo with 42 all corners. I was at the track for 1/2 hr as apposed to my normal 4-6 hrs. I think the reds are too hard with 42. But I'll try to do some more testing in 2 weekends time. We got the 1/5 scale titles on this weekend. So the track will be destroyed ( joking ). Running 0 droop in the front is a bit odd as this doesn't transfer any weight to the rear tires, therefore not really helping with the looseness of the car. Please correct me if I am wrong.
OK you have me beat then This is where I would have started myself. I might pop out to Brendale this week if I get a chance and do some testing (have they changed they key lock there yet?).

Oversteer can be caused by too little weight transfer to the rear OR by the front retaining too much weight. Sounds similar but you have to treat the cause differently.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Did you get any laps done at Lilydale on Sunday (assuming you went) Gavin? If you did, how was the car?
Old 08-25-2003, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: EVO Conversion

Originally posted by StepPins
Can anyone tell me if their EVO conversion kit came with a front diff case and cover (if I opt to put in a front diff assembly instead of the one-way).

Thanks in advance,
StepPins
Yes it does. The biggest difference from the EVO diff to the V1RR diff is the outdrive lengths and case length. The internal gears are the same.

So if you have an existing V1RR front diff you only need the new outdrive shafts.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer

I used both 35/35 and 40/37 and could only feel a small difference in the handling of the car. It handled fast with both combos!
Yes, I think your right about the "tuning window" thing.
I always thought the old rear end was less than perfect, hence my interest in the M1RR conversion.

Below is what I wrote to finchy in a PM a while ago:

"I probably wouldn't stick my neck out on the forum and say this, but this car really seems to dive deep into corners with little hint of a problem. I can only presume the old front end was less than perfect - maybe that's why many seemed to be struggling a bit with it. This Evo acts much more agressively - dare I say it - like an MTX-3. Those MTX-3's always looked so bloody stable - used to, that is."

Anyway we went to Lilydale on Sunday but didn't get much of a go at it - rain settled in after the first heat.
All we discovered was that we needed more rear camber and that we had the wrong pipe on . . . Oh well.
Next Sunday is the VORTEC interclub challenge and I was hoping to spend a bit more time on the set-up before then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.