Wiki Posts
Search

RC PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITES

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grandmasteralok
ay sorry po... i just mentioned the hall as an example, but what i mean in general is anywhere that people would see us or any open area where most people converge into.
that's ok, even me would want to have the race in the megatrade hall but as we've experienced with TAC races held in other countries for the past 6 years starting in HKG, Tamiya wants exposure
Old 05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by buboy28
Tommi, sana nga matuloy kung dati nagawa nyo sa Mini 4WD palagay ko matutuloy din sa 1/10th scale nakasali kasi dati kami ng competition ng mini 4WD dito sa Alabang Town Center at talaga maganda ang exposure

actually, yung sa mini 4wd was a different matter... me and my friend were the pioneers sa pag organize ng mall races for tamiya and lils. when the interest in the mini4wd exploded, a company wanted to handle the organization of the races para daw big time na raw. we taught them the system of the races and how to handle some issues concerning car rules and race rules, etc. thats when i retired from mini 4wd para concentrate na ko sa RC... at the time i was juggling between RC and mini 4wd's since 1994...
Old 05-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

as for mall venues with a lot of open space for racers and spectators... i came up with a list of possible venues we can use...

Glorietta Activity Center Makati
The Block in SM City North Edsa QC
Market Market Taguig
SM Mall of Asia Pasay
Festival Mall Alabang
Alabang Town Center
V-Mall Greenhills

some of these venues might be a tad small for our purposes so maybe someone might want to check them out and confirm if its too small indeed...

might be a few places i missed or maybe i havent scouted it yet but will add to the list. anyone got other places good for this?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default mall of asia

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
as for mall venues with a lot of open space for racers and spectators... i came up with a list of possible venues we can use...

Market Market Taguig
SM Mall of Asia Pasay
Festival Mall Alabang
Alabang Town Center
V-Mall Greenhills

some of these venues might be a tad small for our purposes so maybe someone might want to check them out and confirm if its too small indeed...

might be a few places i missed or maybe i havent scouted it yet but will add to the list. anyone got other places good for this?

bradir.. my office is just in front of mall of asia.. all i can say is madami space sa MOA.. ill post some pics later
Old 05-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Default MOA

mall of asia..

pwedeng pwede mag carpet race dito..
Attached Thumbnails RC PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITES-pic001.jpg   RC PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITES-pic002.jpg  
Old 05-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

ianhobbies: parang mainit-init pa yung pics mo ha, thanks for the pics. Ayus yan, at least makakapag-imagine na tayo. pwede talaga for carpet racing. malay mo, we might have the confidence to host the Tamiya Asia Cup in the Philippines naman. EP ka naman bro and race with us.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Default ep

matagal ko na gusto join sa mini chassis.. (di ba tommi?) hehe.. anyway.. pag dumadaan ako dito everyday lagi ko ini-imagine mga rc cars racing sa moa.. kung di ako maka join sa inyo.. im ready to help u guys out..
Old 05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Okay yan. Pag-isipan na kung saan ang pit area at kung paano i-secure. Kaya lang paano kaya sasagutin yung mga tanong nga mga mag-uusyoso na di sila matu-turn off sa presyo? heheheh...

Q :Magkanong aabutin pag bubuo ng isang kotse?
A : A... errr... depende sir. hehehhe...

Q : Magkano nga?
A : May mabibili kayong set na na 6K

Q : Tatakbo na yun?
A : A hindi pa din sir eh.

Q : Ano pa kailangan?
A : Battery, Radio at Charger

Q : Mga magkano naman yun?
A : A, teka sir, tatakbo na kami. heheheh
Old 05-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

rough:

sige gawa nako ng script para dyan.

o gusto hire pa tayo ng salesman na siya lang ang taga sagot.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rough512
Okay yan. Pag-isipan na kung saan ang pit area at kung paano i-secure. Kaya lang paano kaya sasagutin yung mga tanong nga mga mag-uusyoso na di sila matu-turn off sa presyo? heheheh...

Q :Magkanong aabutin pag bubuo ng isang kotse?
A : A... errr... depende sir. hehehhe...

Q : Magkano nga?
A : May mabibili kayong set na na 6K

Q : Tatakbo na yun?
A : A hindi pa din sir eh.

Q : Ano pa kailangan?
A : Battery, Radio at Charger

Q : Mga magkano naman yun?
A : A, teka sir, tatakbo na kami. heheheh
true to life yung pagsasadula nyo sir ah.... sana nga hindi sila maturn-off with the pricing he he

peace tayo guys
Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rough: Okay yun script haha.... dagdagan mo pa ng "teka tawag ako ng missis ko".

Oldsku/Rnoldl: Do you remember the place in Plaza Hollywood in HK? I remember the track size they had was around 250-300 sqm and the size was perfect for carpet. Driver's pit was corded out very safe naman. Sana may ganun dito.

Pag mall's dapat talaga may buget, pricey yan mga bradir.

Ian: YGPM
Old 05-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Share info

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen

Market Market Taguig
SM Mall of Asia Pasay
Festival Mall Alabang
Alabang Town Center
V-Mall Greenhills

Im near Alabang Town Center(ATC), Festival Mall and SM Southmall. Among the three venues I think ATC and Festi is feasible. In ATC, they have two activity center, indoor and semi-outdoor(within the mall but no ceilings) while in festi they have one big activity center.

Why not SM Southmall?i dont remember any big place that can accomodate RC racing. They dont even have megatrade hall look alike. However, mini and micro rc racing is possible in their small activity center.

If you have any other venue in the south, please let me know. i might be able to give some feedback. Overall, I believe this campaign is a genius idea...lets orient people to good vices..thanks for taking time reading this short piece
Old 05-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

oldskul: kudos for the effort you are putting into this. if there's any way i can help, kahit in a small way since i am just a regular racer, just let me know.... kahit pag encourage lang ng racers to support this i can help do that.

just a thought, as funny as rough's post was, he actually posted a good comment. sadly, the barrier to entry is always cost. so i think when picking out a mall or large commercial venue to showcase this hobby, you have to consider the demographics/profile of the mall patrons. i mean there was an indoor capret track at mauela and although it did not attract huge crowds, there we always a decent nomber of spectators. however, i dont think there was a single spectator who was eventually converted into a hobbyist - and that mainly i guess due to the profile of the mall patrons there. it was entertaining for them to watch, but economically it was too restricting for them. so likely a mall like glorietta, alabang town center and moa are the more logical venues offhand where you make attract some new entrants who have the capacity to get into the hobby.

but all in all, this is a good effort! i sincerely hope it all falls into place!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rough512
Sir rough512,
na-experince na namin yan (PRCD) during our Drift demos. medyo turn-off nga ang mga tao sa price. and they still have the difficulty of understanding the difference between RC's bought in Toy Store and the one that we are using. medyo mahaba ang paliwanagan. but, later nasanay na kami. Sinasabi nalang namin na the one we are using are more sophisticated and 4WD (most Toy Rc kasi are Rear wheel drive). and later naiintindihan na nila yun when we let them see our RC's and sometimes we let them drive it. Mahalaga lng na yung mga sumasama sa Promo tour have lots of patience and ready to answer sa mga questions ng mga interested party. bawal ang suplado.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default my little part.......

Hi Bros!! My name is Sandrixx. I'm staying here in Jakarta Indonesia Racin' 1/8 Buggies atleast 2 to 3x amonth. I joined the Regionals and this MHT series. Sad to say I'm the only Pinoy here actively into RC. For my part in promoting RC i think is when everytime they ask me here hows the RC scene in Pinas., what i say back is 1/8 is booming and EP is really popular and i tell them hope someday they too visit our country to race. I hope bros that by racing here under the Phil flag would encourage other pinoys in pinas and also abroad that we can also keep up with international racers. I tell you, these guys are really bad @$$ racers!,, but after 8months in racin and about 8 races i've joined i somehow-someway got a good rep here. they call me ' the crazy Filipino driver'..heheh! right now I'm number 7 in the MHT series, and 19th in the Regionals. This sunday May6, is the 3rd regionals meet so i hope i get more good points to ladder up. it makes me proud being a pinoy racin' against these top guys. I know I'm "unofficially' representing Pinas but I'm really doing my very best to make us all proud. I hope racers back in Manila would really be more active in racin' be it local or international. I'll keep you bros posted regarding my ups and downs, okioki?.., ........who knows maybe by the next 1/8 buggy worlds theres a pinoy on the driverstand. Mabuhay ang Pilipino!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.