Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:54 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dawn, do you know if the new Orion brushless motors been submitted for ROAR approval? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mo
Dawn, do you know if the new Orion brushless motors been submitted for ROAR approval? Thanks.
I do not know. You would have to contact Orion and/or David Lee, Technical Director. David's email is [email protected]
Old 04-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
with four cell stock its just plain slow
It's funny how much FASTER 4 cell STOCK is NOW vs what 6 cell STOCK was back at ONE STOP - YORBA LINDA - etc.

Dude , after talking to the BL guys I race with who can tune a motor if they had too, said its all about convience..They admitted that they were lazy and it didnt have nothing to with having a job,family etc..
LAZY = MORE TIME to do the ABOVE....or DO NOTHING vs. WORKING ON MOTORS

I too admit I'm getting LAZY - I sold my TURBODYNO - I'll sell my COMM lathe the end of the year...I've picked up 4 B/L systems so far and am phasing them in and phasing brushed stuff OUT.

I've been cycling batteries - cutting and tuning motors - working on cars about the same amount of time as you it appears...and it's SWEET to be able to STRAP IT IN and not have to worry about how many runs 'til I have to rebuild it.

And, although for OVAL I'm not excited about the increased VOLTAGE - I AM excited about bringing the LIPOs into the mix...and we WILL find the appropriate motor to control the classes to similar speeds to what we have now...
Old 04-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
One Stop....was that the track in Yuma? I raced Oval there back in the day.....LOL
Art,

ONE STOP was one of my FAVORITE ALL TIME TRACKS - just minutes from Disneyland it was the BRISTOL of R/C Racing. INDOOR HIGH BANKED - STICKY and FAST.

SoCAL could be just as good...but these days they don't feel it's worth their time to RUN oval events at their track...(I've tried to put one or more there for 9 years)
Old 04-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Suspended

[QUOTE=SWTour]It's funny how much FASTER 4 cell STOCK is NOW vs what 6 cell STOCK was back at ONE STOP - YORBA LINDA - etc.

I dont think so 6 cell stock at So Cal in the begining was around 3.7 to 4.0 laps times, now on your best top-charge lap with 4-cell you could rarely get a 4.o or 4.1 ....4.2s or 4.4 are the norm.

The power to wieght ratio for direct drive cars is huge when dropping to 4-cells..

I raced SoCal in the begining when there was no- TC racing and yes it was way faster for sure..
Old 04-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

I dont think so 6 cell stock at So Cal in the begining was around 3.7 to 4.0 laps times, now on your best top-charge lap with 4-cell you could rarely get a 4.o or 4.1 ....4.2s or 4.4 are the norm.
If we (OVAL RACERS) had the opportunity at SoCAL like we have at most other OVAL Tracks...to run there on a regular basis, etc. I would bet an even $100.00 that within the first 5 events the LAP times and overall 6 cell STOCK track record of Yesteryear would be shattered.

Last June was the last time I got to run at SoCal - and only one of 2 times in the last 3 years. (SORRY - I CAN'T DO LOCAL RACES IN L.A. on a TUESDAY NIGHT - I'm 180 miles away)

The 19t Class was the class for the "FAST GUYS" that day...and guys like Erik Steenhoven were topping out at the end of the straight away at 47 MPH - (I had my radar gun) The average 19t car was running 44-45. I was running 19t that day - don't remember what the stock times were...but MOST of the guys there it was only their first or 2nd trip to the track. There were only about 1/2 dozen who made a lot of regular club races...

WE NOW TAKE YOU BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED DISCUSSION - ROAR~
Old 04-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Suspended

They havent race oval in a while and when they do I always come out to watch..The speed is down a little for sure but your right technology has made up for it..

Oval cars are right up there with TC prices and going to four cell didnt help sales ..IMHO..
Old 04-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ed237
I don't understand why some racers cant enjoy the racing unless the specs are to their liking. We've all heard the excuses and watched them quit because it wasnt what they wanted. Isn't that really the problem?
THAT'S FUNNY MAN -

I don't unstand why somebody doesn't just SUCK IT UP and DO WHAT THEY DON'T WANT TO DO - because it's what I WANT THEM TO DO.

is the way I'm reading what you said.

RACERS run the classes THEY want to run - for competition - for fun - for enjoyment - add your reason here.

If I know I'm not going to enjoy watching "STEEL MAGNOLIAS" but I will enjoy watching "KILL BILL" - do you thing I'm going to sit through "STEEL MAGNOLIAS" just for the heck of it? HECK NO - Now if it's going to give me some benefit - that's different . We CAN do things we don't want ... IF we get something OUT of IT. (THINK ABOUT IT)
Old 04-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SWTour
Art,

ONE STOP was one of my FAVORITE ALL TIME TRACKS - just minutes from Disneyland it was the BRISTOL of R/C Racing. INDOOR HIGH BANKED - STICKY and FAST.

SoCAL could be just as good...but these days they don't feel it's worth their time to RUN oval events at their track...(I've tried to put one or more there for 9 years)
Well you can blame the owners for that, they dont ever want to put any effort or money out-of-pocket to get any oval, TC or even offroad races there..

Just plain stupid business practices for sure...Looks like Cali is losing the R/C mecca idea..
Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

They havent race oval in a while and when they do I always come out to watch..The speed is down a little for sure but your right technology has made up for it..

Oval cars are right up there with TC prices and going to four cell didnt help sales ..IMHO..
I partially agree - 4 cell HELPED a lot of the guys who were already here - but did NOTHING to bring us NEWBIES. BUT for the most part - I don't blame that on 4 cell as much as I blame "US" racers for not recruiting enough.

The other thing, I will give you -

ONE STOP and SoCAL have/had such AWESOME traction compared to other tracks...they were some of the very FEW tracks where you could lay down 100% on the track in ANY class - IF YOU COULD HOLD ON TO IT.

So that also makes it harder to beat those old times. 4cell can drive a LOT DEEPER and while TOP SPEED is slower - it's all about LAP TIMES and TOTAL number of laps. (Also, since we run 5 minute vs. the old 4 minute...you have to be a little more conservative)

as for SOCAL - I proposed to put the EVENTS on MYSELF like I do ALL of our SWTour events...all I asked for is the track to be open by 7 a.m. and the track CLEAN. Both Jim and Lana said "NO"
Old 04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SWTour
I partially agree - 4 cell HELPED a lot of the guys who were already here - but did NOTHING to bring us NEWBIES. BUT for the most part - I don't blame that on 4 cell as much as I blame "US" racers for not recruiting enough.

The other thing, I will give you -

ONE STOP and SoCAL have/had such AWESOME traction compared to other tracks...they were some of the very FEW tracks where you could lay down 100% on the track in ANY class - IF YOU COULD HOLD ON TO IT.

So that also makes it harder to beat those old times. 4cell can drive a LOT DEEPER and while TOP SPEED is slower - it's all about LAP TIMES and TOTAL number of laps. (Also, since we run 5 minute vs. the old 4 minute...you have to be a little more conservative)

as for SOCAL - I proposed to put the EVENTS on MYSELF like I do ALL of our SWTour events...all I asked for is the track to be open by 7 a.m. and the track CLEAN. Both Jim and Lana said "NO"

Exactly....and they wonder why turnout is so bad...

They are not even going to try to re-open if the new owners of the building kicks them out..

You cant fix stupid.........
Old 04-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
yep.
Can we pay online? Or do we have to send a check in?

BTW here is a pic of my 3 boys... Italian Greyhounds.....
I assume your avatar is a pic of your pups..

Last edited by Nova F1 Racer; 10-21-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Can we pay online? Or do we have to send a check in?

BTW here is a pic of my 3 boys... Italian Greyhounds.....
I assume your avatar is a pic of your pups..
Cute babies!!! Yes, the avatar is Alex and Katy - Toy Fox Terriers. Alex is 2 and Katy is 7 months.

Payment: mail in check or money order.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Okay, it's official, this thread has gone to the dogs!

The big one is Indy, an 11 year old "North Shore Special."

The little one is Precious. She's 2.

Why Precious? Lord of The Rings, source of all evil, yea that works!
Attached Thumbnails ROAR-indyprecious.jpg