R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #106
mo
Tech Master
 
mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,359
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Dawn, do you know if the new Orion brushless motors been submitted for ROAR approval? Thanks.
__________________
TLR, Spektrum, Tekin, SMC, MO-GRIP, www.factory-rc.com https://www.shapeways.com/shops/MPP
mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #107
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo
Dawn, do you know if the new Orion brushless motors been submitted for ROAR approval? Thanks.
I do not know. You would have to contact Orion and/or David Lee, Technical Director. David's email is [email protected]
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #108
Tech Elite
 
SWTour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Coast...CALIF.
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
with four cell stock its just plain slow
It's funny how much FASTER 4 cell STOCK is NOW vs what 6 cell STOCK was back at ONE STOP - YORBA LINDA - etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Dude , after talking to the BL guys I race with who can tune a motor if they had too, said its all about convience..They admitted that they were lazy and it didnt have nothing to with having a job,family etc..
LAZY = MORE TIME to do the ABOVE....or DO NOTHING vs. WORKING ON MOTORS

I too admit I'm getting LAZY - I sold my TURBODYNO - I'll sell my COMM lathe the end of the year...I've picked up 4 B/L systems so far and am phasing them in and phasing brushed stuff OUT.

I've been cycling batteries - cutting and tuning motors - working on cars about the same amount of time as you it appears...and it's SWEET to be able to STRAP IT IN and not have to worry about how many runs 'til I have to rebuild it.

And, although for OVAL I'm not excited about the increased VOLTAGE - I AM excited about bringing the LIPOs into the mix...and we WILL find the appropriate motor to control the classes to similar speeds to what we have now...
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #109
Tech Elite
 
SWTour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Coast...CALIF.
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
One Stop....was that the track in Yuma? I raced Oval there back in the day.....LOL
Art,

ONE STOP was one of my FAVORITE ALL TIME TRACKS - just minutes from Disneyland it was the BRISTOL of R/C Racing. INDOOR HIGH BANKED - STICKY and FAST.


SoCAL could be just as good...but these days they don't feel it's worth their time to RUN oval events at their track...(I've tried to put one or more there for 9 years)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #110
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

[QUOTE=SWTour]It's funny how much FASTER 4 cell STOCK is NOW vs what 6 cell STOCK was back at ONE STOP - YORBA LINDA - etc.

I dont think so 6 cell stock at So Cal in the begining was around 3.7 to 4.0 laps times, now on your best top-charge lap with 4-cell you could rarely get a 4.o or 4.1 ....4.2s or 4.4 are the norm.

The power to wieght ratio for direct drive cars is huge when dropping to 4-cells..

I raced SoCal in the begining when there was no- TC racing and yes it was way faster for sure..
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #111
Tech Elite
 
SWTour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Coast...CALIF.
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
I dont think so 6 cell stock at So Cal in the begining was around 3.7 to 4.0 laps times, now on your best top-charge lap with 4-cell you could rarely get a 4.o or 4.1 ....4.2s or 4.4 are the norm.
If we (OVAL RACERS) had the opportunity at SoCAL like we have at most other OVAL Tracks...to run there on a regular basis, etc. I would bet an even $100.00 that within the first 5 events the LAP times and overall 6 cell STOCK track record of Yesteryear would be shattered.

Last June was the last time I got to run at SoCal - and only one of 2 times in the last 3 years. (SORRY - I CAN'T DO LOCAL RACES IN L.A. on a TUESDAY NIGHT - I'm 180 miles away)

The 19t Class was the class for the "FAST GUYS" that day...and guys like Erik Steenhoven were topping out at the end of the straight away at 47 MPH - (I had my radar gun) The average 19t car was running 44-45. I was running 19t that day - don't remember what the stock times were...but MOST of the guys there it was only their first or 2nd trip to the track. There were only about 1/2 dozen who made a lot of regular club races...

WE NOW TAKE YOU BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED DISCUSSION - ROAR~
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #112
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

They havent race oval in a while and when they do I always come out to watch..The speed is down a little for sure but your right technology has made up for it..

Oval cars are right up there with TC prices and going to four cell didnt help sales ..IMHO..
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #113
Tech Elite
 
SWTour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Coast...CALIF.
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237
I don't understand why some racers cant enjoy the racing unless the specs are to their liking. We've all heard the excuses and watched them quit because it wasnt what they wanted. Isn't that really the problem?
THAT'S FUNNY MAN -

I don't unstand why somebody doesn't just SUCK IT UP and DO WHAT THEY DON'T WANT TO DO - because it's what I WANT THEM TO DO.

is the way I'm reading what you said.

RACERS run the classes THEY want to run - for competition - for fun - for enjoyment - add your reason here.

If I know I'm not going to enjoy watching "STEEL MAGNOLIAS" but I will enjoy watching "KILL BILL" - do you thing I'm going to sit through "STEEL MAGNOLIAS" just for the heck of it? HECK NO - Now if it's going to give me some benefit - that's different . We CAN do things we don't want ... IF we get something OUT of IT. (THINK ABOUT IT)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #114
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour
Art,

ONE STOP was one of my FAVORITE ALL TIME TRACKS - just minutes from Disneyland it was the BRISTOL of R/C Racing. INDOOR HIGH BANKED - STICKY and FAST.


SoCAL could be just as good...but these days they don't feel it's worth their time to RUN oval events at their track...(I've tried to put one or more there for 9 years)
Well you can blame the owners for that, they dont ever want to put any effort or money out-of-pocket to get any oval, TC or even offroad races there..

Just plain stupid business practices for sure...Looks like Cali is losing the R/C mecca idea..
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:34 PM   #115
Tech Elite
 
SWTour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Coast...CALIF.
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
They havent race oval in a while and when they do I always come out to watch..The speed is down a little for sure but your right technology has made up for it..

Oval cars are right up there with TC prices and going to four cell didnt help sales ..IMHO..
I partially agree - 4 cell HELPED a lot of the guys who were already here - but did NOTHING to bring us NEWBIES. BUT for the most part - I don't blame that on 4 cell as much as I blame "US" racers for not recruiting enough.

The other thing, I will give you -

ONE STOP and SoCAL have/had such AWESOME traction compared to other tracks...they were some of the very FEW tracks where you could lay down 100% on the track in ANY class - IF YOU COULD HOLD ON TO IT.

So that also makes it harder to beat those old times. 4cell can drive a LOT DEEPER and while TOP SPEED is slower - it's all about LAP TIMES and TOTAL number of laps. (Also, since we run 5 minute vs. the old 4 minute...you have to be a little more conservative)

as for SOCAL - I proposed to put the EVENTS on MYSELF like I do ALL of our SWTour events...all I asked for is the track to be open by 7 a.m. and the track CLEAN. Both Jim and Lana said "NO"
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #116
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour
I partially agree - 4 cell HELPED a lot of the guys who were already here - but did NOTHING to bring us NEWBIES. BUT for the most part - I don't blame that on 4 cell as much as I blame "US" racers for not recruiting enough.

The other thing, I will give you -

ONE STOP and SoCAL have/had such AWESOME traction compared to other tracks...they were some of the very FEW tracks where you could lay down 100% on the track in ANY class - IF YOU COULD HOLD ON TO IT.

So that also makes it harder to beat those old times. 4cell can drive a LOT DEEPER and while TOP SPEED is slower - it's all about LAP TIMES and TOTAL number of laps. (Also, since we run 5 minute vs. the old 4 minute...you have to be a little more conservative)

as for SOCAL - I proposed to put the EVENTS on MYSELF like I do ALL of our SWTour events...all I asked for is the track to be open by 7 a.m. and the track CLEAN. Both Jim and Lana said "NO"

Exactly....and they wonder why turnout is so bad...

They are not even going to try to re-open if the new owners of the building kicks them out..

You cant fix stupid.........
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #117
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
yep.
Can we pay online? Or do we have to send a check in?

BTW here is a pic of my 3 boys... Italian Greyhounds.....
I assume your avatar is a pic of your pups..
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia

Last edited by Nova F1 Racer; 10-21-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #118
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Can we pay online? Or do we have to send a check in?

BTW here is a pic of my 3 boys... Italian Greyhounds.....
I assume your avatar is a pic of your pups..
Cute babies!!! Yes, the avatar is Alex and Katy - Toy Fox Terriers. Alex is 2 and Katy is 7 months.

Payment: mail in check or money order.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #119
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Okay, it's official, this thread has gone to the dogs!

The big one is Indy, an 11 year old "North Shore Special."

The little one is Precious. She's 2.

Why Precious? Lord of The Rings, source of all evil, yea that works!
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR-indyprecious.jpg  
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What has Roar done for me lately ? Jason Pelletier Electric Off-Road 212 09-06-2008 04:25 PM
Non-Roar club trophy races-vs-Roar club events dawgmeat Electric On-Road 17 01-27-2007 06:28 PM
where did ROAR go? sedanaddict R/C Tech Site Forum 114 09-01-2005 02:32 PM
non-roar bodies faster than roar? imjonah Electric On-Road 5 05-13-2005 07:40 PM
ROAR or ??? Gary Fliegel Canadian R/C Scene 63 06-14-2003 01:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net