Wiki Posts
Search

RACE DAY

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:59 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

Default GOOD REPORT: HOBBY SERVICES & DURATRAX

Good news the crew from HOBBY SERVICES (Not sure why they do the warrenty Must be a part of Duratrax) r going to send me some new parts to fix my Evader (Probably a new ESC and couple of packs of gears for the servo)
I emailed them as they were on the warrenty card. They told me to send the car to them. I said from AUS no way howbout u send me some parts. They said ok send email of recepit. I sent the receipt but due to time dif their closed. Their was more to it than that but u get the pic eh.

I have ordered a new ESC (Futaba MC330) from RYPER HOBBIES today. I was told that for the money it would suit my current needs (1yr or so of novice racing) any how the better ones where to much of a price jump for me to justify at the moment. That should get me going again and I'll keep the other ones for spare.

HOBBY SERVICES RULE!!!
Will let u all know if it all goes ahead.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Look on ebay or here for a Novak GTS. You can get em for @60bux and that speedo can handle a nice mod motor when your skill will allow. It also has more steps in the the operation range so you will notice alot better throttle control than your used to...will prolly help ya out using your new motor to full potential.
Also, as for your motor heating issues, ask around and se what the gearing for your track is, sounds like you werent geared correctly for the track.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

the novak GTS is a good esc....
Old 05-06-2007, 04:45 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

We had a race day today
I got last in my 1st qually and DNF in the 2nd qually as the screw holding the rear camber link striped out of the rear hub set and the rear wheal was all floppy .
I had a few good cartwheels before it all happened . I think I need lots more practise.

I could have fixed it for the next race as the screw has 3 adjustment holes it could have gone in, but I was a bit sick with the flu and it gave me a good excuse to go home and sleep

I had soldered the esc on back to front and a few of the blokes at the track helped me figure out why the car was pausing before going forward (it was the reverse pause ) Thanks crew 4 the help...

Next race is in two weeks and then an interclub meet here the week after... Looking to do better then
Old 05-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck at your next race. My club is having a practice race weekend to open our nitro season. I am going to use this weekend mainly as a practice to set up my new Cen Matrix Arena TR. I have only been able to run it a few times. Our first points week will be the following weekend.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Overall the day was a blast! It is great to be outside again with all of the racers and spectators. Even though my driving wasn't great, I was still respectable. I qualified 8th out of 15 which put me as the TQ for the B main. There were three of us that were within a second of eachother after qualifying. My servo saver adjustment screw backed all the way out during the main and then I took a pretty nasty tumble and broke a front arm. DNF

I am still getting used to my truck and I hope to do some more testing this week before our first points week this Saturday.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:16 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

We had a day off the weekend after I broke my car and the next weekend was a points race then last weekend was an inter club meet...
I missed all of these as I have been so busy at work I haven't even had time to go to the hobby shop....
Next club day is in two weeks I hope to be up and running by then...

Old 05-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

hi bud sound's like you have to make sure your car is ready in 2 week's... make sure all the weak point's are not broken ... and if they are i would up grade the hub's to alum.. they will never brake again...
Old 05-29-2007, 06:39 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

Cool I might try that MADMAN23 thanks for the advice...
Not sure if I will get it sorted in time though as getting to the hobby shop is a drama at the moment as Iam working dark till dark at the moment. Theirs other issues as well but needless to say I will be trying....