Community
Wiki Posts
Search

stock class racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default stock class racing

hey all:it's been brought up many times in the past as to why sponsored drivers are racing in the stock class and it got me thinking.if sponsored drivers want to compete in the stock class then there should be both factory and sportsman classes for stock just like 19t and mod have.a true stock class is suposed to be for the newer drivers and those that pay out of their owne pocket for their equipment.just my 0.02 cents worth
Old 02-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:it's been brought up many times in the past as to why sponsored drivers are racing in the stock class and it got me thinking.if sponsored drivers want to compete in the stock class then there should be both factory and sportsman classes for stock just like 19t and mod have.a true stock class is suposed to be for the newer drivers and those that pay out of their owne pocket for their equipment.just my 0.02 cents worth
not again!!
Old 02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

The way it should be is factory drivers are spread out between stock qualifiers,
and then have the one fastest driver from each qualifier put into the A main, and the second fastest drivers into the B main, etc.
Factory Stock and Sportsman Stock? Really... Just don't wanna get beat.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Suspended

Old 03-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are already many threads on this topic.
Stock class refers to motor speed, not skill level. Running 19T or mod costs more because you'll go through tires at least 3X faster. Therefore, drivers should not be forced to race 19T or mod just because they are good.

However, Pros should not run in the "Sportsman" classes. "Sportsman" class is referring to lower skill levels.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Nascar drivers and their Cup teams run in Busch and Trucks.... same deal same dillema same arguments for and against... just .02