Wiki Posts
Search

Who will be first?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
A retiring engineer at Northrup Grumman once told me: "If you design it right, you don't have to design it twice"
This comment is very interesting due to the fact that plain and simple, its true. However I think the redesign comes from the standpoint that no one teams budget is big enough to try each and every thing that might make their car better, nor do they have the time (This is in my opinion why the losi car has taken so long, they are simply trying to test everything). Had the losi car been in xrays hands we would have seen the 3 deck car come to production, and then the 2 deck car, atleast, this is not good or bad, its just getting every development to the customers as soon as possible. I know I am not alone in the fact that I decided to not run the losi sedan simply because I couldent get it.
But back on track, budgets. I know that the new AE sedan had 1 engineer, just 1, and it would not be possible for him to try each and every thing out there to make their sedan better so they use economic decesions to determine at what point they are better just releasing the sedan without any more revisions. However then say a made up company we will call BMI comes out with something that the guys at Xray say HEY this can make our car faster! So bam then they resdesign that into their current platform and you get a new and faster car. Fast being relative here, you might not see a second a lap, but moreso just a 10th, or not even that, the end result is that the new car is an upgrade.

Hope the rambling made sense to someone
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
LMFAO...this thread is a joke!!! What was the title again? Xray what? LMAO!!! Xray sucks because they win races, Xray sucks because they have the "dream" team, Xray sucks because they release too many cars too soon, Xray sucks because they rip off designs....... in the end the wins keep coming....just like in all forms of racing, including but not limited to full scale racing... JUST WIN BABY!!
Umm, I started the thread and never once even mentioned Xray, wait does that count now? I was not even thinking about Xray when I posted it originally, you guys have no problems getting your new cars when you want them, it is the rest of us that have to wait what seems like forever!! Hmm, is waiting really a bad thing now that I think about it?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just trying to clarify and correct my memory of recent history here. Is it true that the 007US's first race was at IIC, and that the car was on shelves 6 weeks after that? Also, when did team drivers first receive prototype 007US chassis?

The IIC race was the first race I recall hearing that the 007US was present at, and I also know that I had one of the first shipment of 007US's. I received it November 1.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

This is the best thread EVER!

ohh and Xray sucks...

(he runs and ducks while the opposing forces fire back artillery)
Old 01-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh and I double dog dare any one of the "other" companies to come in here and play a quick game of "name your release date"

...... scurry......
Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

LMAO!!!

Brant
Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow.. you cannot sleep if you're a member of this forum.. When I went to sleep last night, this thread had like 75 posts...

btw.. does it really matter WHEN the cars come out? So what if you gotta wait a little longer for a better car.

I, personally, like my associated cars.. I've owned quite a few going on back to an RC10CE Buggy.. But right now, the "new" car catching my eye, is that new Team Magic car. I think they may have something there.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Man I dunno..........I think that Team Magic ride needs about 6 more belts and pulleys then another 2 lbs. of aluminum!!! That thing looks like a nitro rig without the motor! Just my opinion!!!

<runs to hide behind FreqETag>

Brant
Old 01-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Man I dunno..........I think that Team Magic ride needs about 6 more belts and pulleys then another 2 lbs. of aluminum!!! That thing looks like a nitro rig without the motor! Just my opinion!!!

<runs to hide behind FreqETag>

Brant
Before someone else says it...

If you saw me, you'd see it would be easy
Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FreqETag
Before someone else says it...

If you saw me, you'd see it would be easy

SHWEEOO!!!! Good deal then!! I'm 6'2" and about 265!!! I was taking a chance ya know!!! LMAO

Brant
Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
cyclone suspension fits the xray
thats funny because i had a fellow racer ask me for my spare cyclone arms for his x-ray and he told me that the car worked better with them
Old 01-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is true.. Now, I havent been keeping a very close eye on all of them, but the saddle style batteries positioned front to back the way they are, and the fairly centered motor.. looks to be headed the right direction as far as side-side weight balance. The bad part (which may not actually be BAD depending on your driving style) is it's all mounted toward the rear of the car. Dont think any other car has their batteries configured quite in that fashion..
Old 01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
LMFAO...this thread is a joke!!! What was the title again? Xray what? LMAO!!! Xray sucks because they win races, Xray sucks because they have the "dream" team, Xray sucks because they release too many cars too soon, Xray sucks because they rip off designs....... in the end the wins keep coming....just like in all forms of racing, including but not limited to full scale racing... JUST WIN BABY!!
the car doesnt win the race is the driver , Paul L. will win doesnt matter if he runs a X-ray, tamiya,schue,CEN or HPI
Old 01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadCarmaNY
btw.. does it really matter WHEN the cars come out? So what if you gotta wait a little longer for a better car.
Well it matters to Pookyt and I since Losi promised us the car this past October, then it just keeps getting pushed from there. I really am not followin the other two cars I mentioned for I really don't care. The thread was just something to do, but is seemed to have blown up more then I thought.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, at least nobody has to wait as long for r/c parts as some people do for video games.. My brother waited for that Zelda game for well over a year.. just kept pushing it back, back back back back... And yes.. the thread did get blown up good.. as I said, when I went to sleep last night there was like 75 posts (which I checked, it was more like 89) but still.. look at it grow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.