Wiki Posts
Search

Tc4 Help Needed again Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tc4 Help Needed again Please

Hello all,
I have a TC4 was RTR made some changes, springs, aluminum cvds, and one or two other small things...My car just cannot get as fast as the other people at the track...I am about 4-6 laps off of the pace...Right now I am having some major tire issues, I am running 40 shore in front and 37 LR and 35 RR...The right rear is MUCH smaller than the other tires and this is where my problem lies, it seems that I cannot get the car around the track(basically the car spins if that tire is full size) unless this tire is smaller, it started out full size and wore it self down from about 2.5" to about 2.3" now the other tires on the car are still pretty close to 2.5"...I am in desperate need of some help...Anything you can provide would help...I run Oval carpet stock motor Epic... If you have a TC4 setup it would greatly be appreatiated, I really need to get my car handling and faster... I am at the point of being VERY frustrated since I am running so far behind the leaders.. Thank you all in advance Jeff
Old 01-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Let me qualify this: I am not an oval racer, but have run the tc3/4 a lot.

1. 2.5" tires sound big maybe true them all down to 2.3-2.4.
2. Right now you have reverse stagger on your rears. Everything I've read and heard about oval says thats bad. You may want stagger esp if you have low/no banking. Stagger = right larger than lefts.
3. You probably want to actually put the harder shore tire on the RR because its heavily loaded and will wear out faster, plus with that loading it will have plenty of traction. Your lightly loaded LR likes to have the softer tire to get traction even though its lightly loaded.
4.Check for tweak.
5.Hows your wing? Small and cut down or big?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

the track I race at has no bank at all it is completly flat. the wing is a stock protoform...Also forgot to mention droop is set at 6 in front and back, someone at track said that this would help since my tires were full size...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Try reducing the Droop down to 3 on the front and 4 on the back.

When I ran mine it was dialed using 2' toe in front and rear.
associated red springs on the front.25ibs
associated blue one the rear 17ibs

slacken the four screws slightly ont the diff casing (nearest to the driveshaft)
this will help free the drive chain up.

what gearing are you using ?

If the rear of the car breaks loose when comming out of a bend on power try loosening the rear diff a tiny bit

hope this helps

Gary
Old 01-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

was running a 29t pinion with a 72t spur changed my pinion to a 31 for the main and the car seemed quick but handling sucked...