Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
highest downforce "regular" touring body? >

highest downforce "regular" touring body?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

highest downforce "regular" touring body?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default highest downforce "regular" touring body?

I'm running on a low grip track and need some traction. Anybody know what the highest downforce body out there is? (low grip carpet)
Old 01-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

I heard that the DNA body by protoform has tons of down force. Was designed for mod racing since they tend to need more down force than the stock/19turn guy's. I hope this help. just curious what body are you prensently running.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you running Foam or rubber tires?

The Protoform DNA is actually a very low downforce body for racing on carpet with foam tires. Too much down force on foams makes the car hard to drive and slow.

The highest down force bodies I know of are the new Protoform Mazda 6, Protoform Mazda Speed 6 and the Ride Accord.

If you run the standard Mazda 6 with the full size rear wing its like driving with someone stepping on your car. The car will be planted but it will push and be pretty slow. Everyone than runs the Mazda 6 trims the wing down to meet the rules so the wing is 20mm tall and 40mm long. It actually handles better that way.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Well, I'm not actually running the car yet. Just looking at what body I should buy with it. Thanks for the help, I figured it would be some rubber tire body. I'm actually running foams, but our carpet is not Ozite, so no slick tire grips super great on it, plus it is an ultra tight track so aero drag is not an issue.