Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stock Motor Gearing/Heat

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is 165f about the temp CO27 and Monsters should be raced at? or is it a little hotter. I run on a small to medium carpet track with rubber. Any suggestions for temp?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Is 165f about the temp CO27 and Monsters should be raced at? or is it a little hotter. I run on a small to medium carpet track with rubber. Any suggestions for temp?
Dont even worry about motor temp unless your lap times are falling off at the end of a run or your motor is burning up. As long as your within .5 seconds fast lap to last lap at a club race you are good. If your falling off more than that then you may be getting too hot.

EA
Old 01-12-2007, 11:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Wink overzapped

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Hey guys my motor was definatly a dud from day one, can mags where like overzapped i think, because from day one and even still now after motor has overheated so bad that it threw a wind and went up in smoke, it is extremly notchy (ie: magnetisum way to high). when its out of the car and you turn it by hand you can feel it.
I picked up a bunch of other monsters, co27, epic x and they where nothing like this motor ( they all had way less magnetisum/ notchyness)

Ohh and yes it was very well oiled on the front and back bushes and i even took the can mags out to check bushes for binding/ looseness and all was perfect.

I am going to run 540 now just for a while, until i get the bickies to buy a novak 13.5 brushless. I am way over brushed atm. lol
LOSI123 - If one pole of the armature burns a winding, it will not turn over in a can. I don't really know whay, but I proved it myself to be true. I had a burnt arm that did not roll over in the can. I soldered the burnt winding back to the good windings to completed the circuit. Now the dang thing turns freely in a can. I actually use this arm with my worst endbell and my oldest can as a slave motor for my brush cuter. Yes, it does run after being burnt. Not good, but enough to cut a brush...
Old 01-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Whats that in Centregrade
Old 01-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Initiate

that would be 73.8ºC
Old 01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

gear to where your car feels good and lap times stay close and i would go to a monster i like them a little better