Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 01:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't know wheter i should ask it here or somewhere else but pls don't CAPS ME .... i just wanna know the update on the recent Reedy Asia Race in Thailand. Any info would be appreciated. thanks. I hope SD making an impact there as well.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Results of the Reedy Thai Race

1. Barry Baker / Associated-Reedy
2. Kazuo Muramatsu / Tamiya-Hybrid
3. Jilles Groskamp / Xray-Peak
4. Satoshi Maezumi / Tamiya-Reedy
5. Alan Yau / Yokomo
6. Surikarn Chaidejsuriya / Tamiya-Peak
7. Martin Hudy / Xray-Orion
8. Toshihiko Hara / Tamiya-Reedy
9. Jean-Marc Betticher / Yokomo-Orion
10. Craig Dresher / Associated-Reedy

Cheers
Old 11-17-2003, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Guys I have a major decision problem here. I know I'm getting the SD. That's the easy thing. I have been reading the whole thread (up to page 95 finally) Very informative. I'm curious as to the chassis choices. I plan on running modified class carpet, and depending on weather, concrete/asphalt. I need some help with that decision. I'm clueless at the moment. Is there one chassis that seems to work best for both types of racing?

Also, I have been wondering if there are some "must have" options from Tobee Craft, Rayspeed, Team Suzuki or Square for racing modified that I should get. Any mods that are a must also? I've seen a lot about the 90 degree servo mounting mod. I've also read about the shock length, and larger bumper mods. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Hey,

The first MUST have are the Suzuki steering blocks. They prevent from loosing the king pin and thus dertoying both steering blocks and C-Hubs.

Second are the graphite parts (arms mainly),

Third anti roll bars (not the upper ones), springs etc...

Whatever else is up to you...
Old 11-17-2003, 08:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by wcoyote
Guys I have a major decision problem here. I know I'm getting the SD. That's the easy thing. I have been reading the whole thread (up to page 95 finally) Very informative. I'm curious as to the chassis choices. I plan on running modified class carpet, and depending on weather, concrete/asphalt. I need some help with that decision. I'm clueless at the moment. Is there one chassis that seems to work best for both types of racing?

Also, I have been wondering if there are some "must have" options from Tobee Craft, Rayspeed, Team Suzuki or Square for racing modified that I should get. Any mods that are a must also? I've seen a lot about the 90 degree servo mounting mod. I've also read about the shock length, and larger bumper mods. Thanks for your help.
Go with the black special, it will be a more ridgid chassis than the SSG, and be better for carpet racing. You may also want the graphite gearboxes to stiffen the car up even a little more.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Anyone have the origional servo horn strip out? I'm using a Hitec servo and the horn supplied just never seemed to fit right, now I'm using a horn that came with the servo and it fits much better...
_o/ true, the kit horn sucks, change it to the red one that came with the servo.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcfiend
How much of difference the RS chassis make?? Some of the guys that ran them at the Grand Prix went back to their SG chassis because they said the tweek was bad and they could'nt get any steering out of it.
i was one of those guys than ran the rs @ the grand prix. i couldn't get it dialed the 1st day, and had one good run w/ the stock chassis (yeah, i was dumb enough to rebuild it the night before ). erik r. was having problems w/ it, i asked pat t. for help, and he told me to go back (he's never been than helpful anyways - sorry, pat, but that's the truth). tossolini told me to go back to the og, sell the rs, and wait for his to come out sometime this month.

last weekend @ socal, tossolini completely rebuilt my car. i found out a few things. 1st of all, he rebuilt my ride w/o all the fancy gauges (old school - eyeball and talent). when i threw it on the gauges, it was right on - perfect tweak, camber was right on, etc. i took awhile to get used to it, but after he gave me a set of tires (that one's he won w/ @ the grand prix) it was hooked. i had one decent run saturday night that got me in the a main - didn't do all that much, but damn did i have fun.

anyway, i've tried and tried, i just can't get the rs to work @ socal. i went back to stock and started having fun again....isn't that what it's all about

btw,
big ups to dennis lyman, minh nguyen, jose (sorry dawg, don't know your last name) and jason & bernie ertracker - they're the reasons it's fun to race at socal again (atleast for me). oh yeah, and my homeboy walter from up north, got me out of 1/8 scale buggy and back into 1/10 sedan.

herb
Old 11-17-2003, 09:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

So did you go back to the SSG, or the black carbon chassis?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
So did you go back to the SSG, or the black carbon chassis?
back to the ssg. i want the black, but i just don't wanna spend anymore money...for now
Old 11-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

What size hex wrench fits the Yokomo titanium screws for the SD? Thanks.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by coolrcdad
What size hex wrench fits the Yokomo titanium screws for the SD? Thanks.
Std. 2mm hex wrench will fit fine.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by DickemDown
back to the ssg. i want the black, but i just don't wanna spend anymore money...for now
Well the SSG, and the RS are definately opposites of eachother, but hopefully I can get the RS dialed.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Now is Chris T going to sell this new chassis under his own label or will it be a Yokomo Part? Any new geo with the chassis or servo rotation type changes??

Thanks for any info!

Jeff
Old 11-17-2003, 11:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Now is Chris T going to sell this new chassis under his own label or will it be a Yokomo Part? Any new geo with the chassis or servo rotation type changes??

Thanks for any info!

Jeff
It wont be marketed under Yokomo. I'm not sure if there is any changed geometry, but the servo will be rotated. It will basically be made of the best material he could get his hands on...
Old 11-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
Well the SSG, and the RS are definately opposites of eachother, but hopefully I can get the RS dialed.
let me know what you come up with. i'm not getting rid of the rs yet and i may go back to it. for now, i'm just focusing on the ssg. too many variables = too many headaches

...i just want to drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.